3. Salem 5-0 46

4. Powhatan 4-0 39

5. Handley 5-0 32

6. Brookville 5-0 21

7. Western Albemarle 5-0 16

8. Cave Spring 5-0 14

9. Spotswood 5-0 12

10. Harrisonburg 4-1 9

Others receiving votes: 11, James Wood 7. 12, Christiansburg 6. 13, Sherando 5. 14, James Monroe 4. 15, Loudoun County 3. 15, Turner Ashby 3. 17, Liberty-Bedford 1. 17, Bruton 1.

Group A

Record Pts

1. Essex (3) 4-0 56

2. Gate City 5-1 52

3. Clarke County (2) 5-0 44

4. Gretna 3-1 40

5. West Point (1) 6-0 33

6. Buckingham County 6-0 32

7. Eastern Montgomery 5-0 24

8. Clintwood 4-1 22

9. Madison County (1) 4-0 20

10. Riverheads 4-1 11

(tie) Sussex Central 3-1 11

Others receiving votes: 12, William Campbell 8. 13, Glenvar 7. 13, Franklin 7. 15, Dan River 5. 15, Holston 5. 17, Washington & Lee 4. 18, J.J. Kelly 2. 18, Lebanon 2.

Kingsport paper. But some others, Washington Examiner, SiLive, Culpepper Star, etc. had the same listed online. This was the AP sports writers poll. That may have been Va Preps' own poll?

Edited by Beamerball

kingsport paper. But some others, washington examiner, silive, culpepper star, etc. Had the same listed online. This was the ap sports writers poll. That may have been va preps' own poll?

gotcha

Group AA

Record Pts

1. Amherst County (5) 4-0 59

2. Broad Run (1) 6-0 52

3. Salem 5-0 46

4. Powhatan 4-0 39

5. Handley 5-0 32

6. Brookville 5-0 21

7. Western Albemarle 5-0 16

8. Cave Spring 5-0 14

9. Spotswood 5-0 12

10. Harrisonburg 4-1 9

Others receiving votes: 11, James Wood 7. 12, Christiansburg 6. 13, Sherando 5. 14, James Monroe 4. 15, Loudoun County 3. 15, Turner Ashby 3. 17, Liberty-Bedford 1. 17, Bruton 1.

Just so you know how "reliable" this poll is...Brookville lost to Liberty-Bedford last Friday night, 35-20.

Sportswriters know jackshizzy...

Here is the one I was talking about from Va Preps.

AA 2009 Football Rankings | VirginiaPreps.com | last sorted on 10/5/2009

Team Record Pvs.

1 Amherst 5-0 1

Another 20+ point win for the Lancers as they take out Pulaski on the road 33-10.

2 Broad Run 6-0 2

That makes 20 straight victories for the Spartans with their 27-12 win over Briar Woods.

3 Powhatan 4-0 3

Emphatic 54-13 win over Nottoway indicates that Powhatan probably will not be tested until the playoffs.

4 Salem 5-0 5

Defense is the name of the game for the Spartans, as they earn their third shutout of the year, 27-0 against William Fleming.

5 John Handley 5-0 6

The Judges move up a spot despite an unimpressive escape against Warren County, 31-30 in overtime.

6 Harrisonburg 4-1 8

No trouble for the Streaks against Waynesboro as they won 43-7.

7 Christiansburg 5-0 9

The Blue Demons finished off an unbeaten non-district slate with a 42-7 win over AAA Patrick Henry.

8 James Wood 5-0 10

33-2 win over Brentsville keeps the Colonels unbeaten and they open Northwestern District action this week versus Sherando.

9 Western Albemarle 5-0 NR

The Warriors jump into the top ten after beating Louisa 26-7 to move to 2-0 in the Jefferson District.

10 Spotswood 5-0 NR

Trailblazers also enter the top ten after knocking off Rockbridge 47-14 and get a test this week against R.E. Lee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HM: Brookville, Bruton, Cave Spring, James Monroe, Liberty (Bedford), Loudoun County, Richlands, Turner Ashby, York

Somebody with the AP prepares a "review list" that is sent out to the voters so they have, at least, some idea about how the teams are doing. Whoever put it together apparently forgot to update the Seminole teams... it shows Amherst as 4-0 and they won last Friday.

AND only 6 ppl. voted. Maybe next week it'll be better.

Edited by VHSLhelper

Guest lookoutmountain

Richlands not ranked. Considering what they are doing and what they have done, are you kidding me? Laughable.

Are you trying to be negative or positive towards Richlands?

He is saying it is laughable they are not ranked meaning the poll is a joke like a few others have been pointing out. Just like Gman was talking about Brookville being 5-0 on that poll but they have had a loss making them 5-1 instead.

Edited by swvaoutdoors

Guest nameuser
He is saying it is laughable they are not ranked meaning the poll is a joke like a few others have been pointing out. Just like Gman was talking about Brookville being 5-0 on that poll but they have had a loss making them 4-1 instead.

no, they are 5 -1 - they were 5-0 before the loss to liberty, kinda shows how reliable the info is on this forum

Edited by nameuser

Guest lookoutmountain

Nadoball, I'm being objective and it doesn't have anything to do with the Blues for me, just pointing out that based on their history the past half decade, deep playoff runs, a state title, Region Titles, and great success against Region 3 in the state semi's, and once again this year, they have a team simliar/comparable to their past teams yet they aren't ranked. That's simply crazy. They lost to Gate City the first week of the season and to a Gate City team that is a beast and just beat Bluefield and may win the whole thing in Div 2 this year. It would be one thing if the Blues weren't ranked and this was the first year or two they have/had been decent, but given their history, when they are over half way through the season and only have one loss, that means something.

Nadoball, I'm being objective and it doesn't have anything to do with the Blues for me, just pointing out that based on their history the past half decade, deep playoff runs, a state title, Region Titles, and great success against Region 3 in the state semi's, and once again this year, they have a team simliar/comparable to their past teams yet they aren't ranked. That's simply crazy. They lost to Gate City the first week of the season and to a Gate City team that is a beast and just beat Bluefield and may win the whole thing in Div 2 this year. It would be one thing if the Blues weren't ranked and this was the first year or two they have/had been decent, but given their history, when they are over half way through the season and only have one loss, that means something.

Thats cool, I just wasn't sure what you were talking about. I guess either way your entitled to your own opinion. They will climb if they continue to dominate. They are playing really good football right now.

no, they are 5 -1 - they were 5-0 before the loss to liberty, kinda shows how reliable the info is on this forum

Ummm...you better check yo'self befo' you wreck yo'self...

That "information" you are reffering to isn't FROM this forum...it is from ANOTHER forum. If you noticed, I was the one who pointed out the error...:eek:...

If you don't like this forum, I can take care of that for you...just let me know...:D...

and the post that I quoted said Brookville was 4-1, they aren't and while you were pointin' why didn't you point out the fact that amherst had another win that wasn't showing. Seems to me that I hit a nerve with you when there was no intention, but frankly bud I don't give a sh-t. You have the power buddy, you can kick me off this board, you are a real powerful man. Like I said, I don't give a sh-t.

i got this one G...lol.

They mean almost less than nothing. They just give us all something to complain about. If Richlands wins out in the regular season and goes 9-1. Who cares what they are ranked? They will be in the playoffs and be seeded 1 or 2 in Region IV (My opinion/ best guess) the rankings are actually done by sportswriters around the state, it is an AP poll. Do you think anyone who went to see Essex play Sussex Central last Friday have seen anyone play west of Richmond this year? Anyone from the Coalfield Progress, Kingsport Times-News, Bristol or Bluefield paper seen anyone out on the Eastern Neck or Tidewater play this year?

With that said, the best thing we have going for us here is we get to play on the field, they don't vote for the State Title. Even as bad as the system is as far as all the enrollment issues, etc. you still control your own destiny. Every team has 2-3 big points and or district games each year that determine who we play or if we get in.

If the 'nados win out then they have just 4 more games to go.

I could care less at this point how good Essex is (from a GC standpoint) or if that region or another is loaded with talented teams. If GC makes it to Salem in December they'll only have to face one team. ( i may definately care more then)

The rankings are just for people like us who care enough to sit on our computers and critique them........... Heck i think Richlands will be okay when it is said and done.

Edited by LegendatLegion
grammar

exactly, Graham was never ranked in the poll in '95, but it turned out okay.

They mean almost less than nothing. They just give us all something to complain about. If Richlands wins out in the regular season and goes 9-1. Who cares what they are ranked? They will be in the playoffs and be seeded 1 or 2 in Region IV (My opinion/ best guess) the rankings are actually done by sportswriters around the state, it is an AP poll. Do you think anyone who went to see Essex play Sussex Central last Friday have seen anyone play west of Richmond this year? Anyone from the Coalfield Progress, Kingsport Times-News, Bristol or Bluefield paper seen anyone out on the Eastern Neck or Tidewater play this year?

With that said, the best thing we have going for us here is we get to play on the field, they don't vote for the State Title. Even as bad as the system is as far as all the enrollment issues, etc. you still control your own destiny. Every team has 2-3 big points and or district games each year that determine who we play or if we get in.

If the 'nados win out then they have just 4 more games to go.

I could care less at this point how good Essex is (from a GC standpoint) or if that region or another is loaded with talented teams. If GC makes it to Salem in December they'll only have to face one team. ( i may definately care more then)

The rankings are just for people like us who care enough to sit on our computers and critique them........... Heck i think Richlands will be okay when it is said and done.

You want a trip to the "timeout chair" too??? :eek:

Wasnt saying lol to agree with this person about the forum not being reliable. I thought he was talking about me not being reliable saying that Brookville was 4-1 instead of 5-1. I dont think it was directed towards you or the forum but towards me and my typo. You will not hear of me saying anything against this forum. I enjoy it too much and find the info here very helpfull. I appologize if you thought my lol was directed toward you or your forum Gman.

Nice one GMan, dropping alittle old school cube on em!!

Dats right...'cause Big G on ya ass is bad for your health...:D...

Oh-nine, remix, old school tip, yeah...its like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from goin under...