Homecoming for the Falcons

southbound

when i go to abingdon??wait i don't..exit 7 is much better....grundy by 8..southbound,did falconman steal your spotlight?

not really i am just disappointed with the falcons at this point. their season is over if hess is out. we will have a hard time beating 4 bad teams without him. thanks for your concern!:rolleyes:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so that makes richlands bad?cause they didn't beat us as bad as they beat you all?reverse thinking..i get it..all this time..abingdon gets everyone to think they are great when in fact they are "falcon awful"..whatever..lol...nobody listens to the birds chirp anyway

not really i am just disappointed with the falcons at this point. their season is over if hess is out. we will have a hard time beating 4 bad teams without him. thanks for your concern!:rolleyes:

Four bad teams lol? Just because Marion lost to Richlands doesn`t make them bad. They are not great but 5-1 is better than we usually are. Hess is a big loss but you wouldn`t beat the Canes with him.

Four bad teams lol? Just because Marion lost to Richlands doesn`t make them bad. They are not great but 5-1 is better than we usually are. Hess is a big loss but you wouldn`t beat the Canes with him.

Its your schedule, I mean you guys played Rural Retreat for crying out loud.

And you guys have played John Battle and P.H. No disrespect but RR beat PH. You have no right talking about schedules when yours is even weaker than ours. Both teams have played two weak teams. Abingdon (P.H. and John Battle) and Marion (Northwood and R.R.). The other two for each are Abingdon (J.I. Burton and VA High) and Marion (Lebanon and Chilhowie). Rural Retreat beat Patrick Henry and Chilhowie beat VA High. You have no argument.

Edited by HurricaneWarning

And you guys have played John Battle and P.H. No disrespect but RR beat PH.

lol...i wish i had room in my sig to add these two...

lol...i wish i had room in my sig to add these two...

Come on Lance, you can make some room lol. I`m not saying Marion has a tough schedule by any means, I was just comparing it to Abingdon`s. Falcon was saying that Marion`s record was due to their weak schedule. All I was doing was pointing out that Abingdon`s is even worse.

so that makes richlands bad?cause they didn't beat us as bad as they beat you all?reverse thinking..i get it..all this time..abingdon gets everyone to think they are great when in fact they are "falcon awful"..whatever..lol...nobody listens to the birds chirp anyway

why compare scores a loss is a loss! let me see if you don't lose that bad-well feel good about it. that is the problem with most of the area teams just hope you don't get the crap beat out of you. what happened to the mentality of playing your guts out and feeling like crap when you lost? i'll help you out the 2 teams you claim to like have never been that good so you don't know how to handle a few wins-do you?:mad:

Grundy is fighting the curse...and the way the Marion game played out only made me believe it more...all depends on which team shows up to play...if the team that came out flat against Graham shows up, Abingdon will win...if the team that played Marion shows up, Grundy will win....I think it's all up to Grundy and how bad they want it...if they show up to play they will win.

The thing that gets me, and anyone who has film on Abingdon can watch this and verify it, the defense has a huge flaw..if you run to the weak side against Abingdon you will gain yards every time...they shift the LB's over to far to the strong side and it leaves a huge hole...I don't know why no one seems to take advantage of this because you are one iso block away from getting a runner in to the secondary every play, I noticed it last year and it's still there...you guys are also wide open to the pass across the middle past the LB's...your LB's play up and go after the run all the time, they bite in on the run to quick...play action pass would eat you guys alive.

Grundy is fighting the curse...and the way the Marion game played out only made me believe it more...all depends on which team shows up to play...if the team that came out flat against Graham shows up, Abingdon will win...if the team that played Marion shows up, Grundy will win....I think it's all up to Grundy and how bad they want it...if they show up to play they will win.

The thing that gets me, and anyone who has film on Abingdon can watch this and verify it, the defense has a huge flaw..if you run to the weak side against Abingdon you will gain yards every time...they shift the LB's over to far to the strong side and it leaves a huge hole...I don't know why no one seems to take advantage of this because you are one iso block away from getting a runner in to the secondary every play, I noticed it last year and it's still there...you guys are also wide open to the pass across the middle past the LB's...your LB's play up and go after the run all the time, they bite in on the run to quick...play action pass would eat you guys alive.

I'm sure the coaches are looking at it. Its a little low to point out specific flaws in a teams play on a message board.

I'm sure the coaches are looking at it. Its a little low to point out specific flaws in a teams play on a message board.

why is that low? If they don't like it then make an adjustment, would take all of 5 min to figure that out...it's been that way for 2 years...they also tend to lean back on kickoffs which is why Tazewell was able to sneak an onside kick in on them in a close game...probably cost them the win...watch the film, nothing i said is not true.

I doubt I will get to make the trip but I love to see Grundy beat the whine and cheesers. Lance pretty much took the words out of my mouth earlier in a post, if the team plays like they did aganist Marion than I think they can pull out a win..if they play like they did aganist the g-men it could be another long friday night for the wave.

I hate the entrance that Abingdon does...they focus more on that then they do the game.

I would love Grundy to win the first district game in like 4 years (I think its been 4 years) by ruining the Falcons homecoming.

I doubt I will get to make the trip but I love to see Grundy beat the whine and cheesers. Lance pretty much took the words out of my mouth earlier in a post, if the team plays like they did aganist Marion than I think they can pull out a win..if they play like they did aganist the g-men it could be another long friday night for the wave.

I hate the entrance that Abingdon does...they focus more on that then they do the game.

I would love Grundy to win the first district game in like 4 years (I think its been 4 years) by ruining the Falcons homecoming.

it's been 5 years...but who's counting at this point...lol.

Lance you are not the only one who sees that about A-towns Defense. Im still yet to figure out why they run a 3-4 defense, it doesnt get run in pros or college. They dont have the talent to run a 3-4. they could possible get by with a 4-4. I do beleive thats why Richlands burnt them Yes richlands could beat them no matter what Defense but I think it would have helped. good coaching helps.

Lance you are not the only one who sees that about A-towns Defense. Im still yet to figure out why they run a 3-4 defense, it doesnt get run in pros or college. They dont have the talent to run a 3-4. they could possible get by with a 4-4. I do beleive thats why Richlands burnt them Yes richlands could beat them no matter what Defense but I think it would have helped. good coaching helps.

falcons 71-3

After page 2 I decided I would just skip to the last page to weed out all of the mumbo jumbo....

I am hoping Abingdon has a good week this week or some of our people are going to be tasting a lot of leather after pulling some feet out of their mouths....

A teacher from Abingdon sent me a message on Facebook last week and said that Hess was out for the season with broken foot... Was that not correct, because I have read a few post that was implying that he was back.

Anyway, I am going to go with a prediction of...hummm

Grundy- 20

AHS- 24

Strictly a gut feeling, so who knows...

Of course this is a total guess, I haven't seen Grundy play this year, but recieve my information from these forums, and we all know how that goes sometimes...:rolleyes:

Be safe all! Have a good week and see you there.

EW

lol You all make me laugh, i swear. Now this post is not for the intelligent posters on here, but for those who are bickering abingdon this, abingdon that, grundy sucks, abingdon is the best team in the area, abingdon 71-3, the only thing im saying, is shut up and let both teams play. I actually respect abingdon, and i love grundy, abingdon always played us fairy good when i played and i do look for a good game.

I hope grundy wins, but it would not suprise me if abingdon wins. Just wishing good luck for both teams and not trying to offend anyone, just be quiet and let your respective team take care of business....sheesh.

Just overlook me if i annoyed you, been a helleva day at work.