Congrats Richlands

saturn125

On a tough game, your offensive line is probably the best one I have seen us play all year.

I think we scored more on Richlands than any other team but I could be wrong. It would have been better to come away with the win. But we didn't give up and that shows a lot.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous high score was Abingdon with 21 but most of that came late in the game against the JV. Powell Valley (14) and Gate City (10) were the only other teams to score double digits. Never in a million years would I have thought 78 points would be scored in this game.

You guys are far and away the best team with the exception being gate city and that is too close to for me to pick between the 2 teams. Man what a game that was Leb showed up and was as good as they have been advertised to be I have no clue how you guys lost to the bulldogs other than it was a fluke night. What a hard hitting ball game between 2 teams that are looking to go very deep into the playoffs the only thing i wish is that the refs had kept that hankee in there pocket a little more the flags were on the verge of making me sick. Horrible calls for both sides and a ton of them and then they miss the actual calls makes no sense to me what so ever all i can hope for is that either Richlands or Leb takes that tape and hands it to the VHSL so that the crew that was doing tonights game does not get a playoff game. We can not allow such terrible refs calling playoff games. Once again hard fought game between the 2 teams wish you the best of luck the rest of the season and we will see you again next year.

Good game Lebanon ! Have to give you guys props for not giving up. Played hard all game. Good luck the rest of your season.

On the other hand, the Refs were bad. Bad calls and a lot of them for both sides. I know that for the most part they do the best they can, but good gosh.

I was surprised at the scoring also. I thought it could be a close game, but I thought it might be more of a defensive game with maybe a few big play's deciding the game.

A fun game to watch though !

Congratulations Richlands! Both teams played hard, what little time the refs let them. By far the best team we've played this year. As far as the officials, they weren't bias.....made questionable calls against both teams. Good luck the rest of the season.

hardest hitting game i have seen this year...a really fun and exciting game to watch...devon and austin were absolutely punished on some of their runs...but some of the blocks they laid down for each other were nothing short of devastating

Edited by billyblue

I came away from that game with 3 thoughts about Lebanon.

1. John Adams, enough said.

2. The offense looked good when they were allowed to run plays that weren't straight up the middle.

3. The defense looked horrible. Worst they have looked in a game since probably the last time they played Richlands. Looking back though we will not face anyone with that kind of speed again this year unless we make it to the State Finals. Nobody in Region C or D will come anywhere close to that speed.

The better team won tonight but I think that Lebanon gave a good showing. They were outcoached again. Probably didn't matter but it gets old getting outcoached in every big game that you play. When you are down 14 with 5 minutes to go don't run the ball 4straight time to pick up a first down.

plooolt, did you really expect anything else? Richlands has incredible speed and once ouside, they were gone. Mance has a way of exploiting a team's weaknesses and play to his team's strengths. Am I the only one that saw the height advantage Cobb had? I know Jessee was off target a lot but I would have thrown to Cobb all night or at least til the stopped it. I'm afraid Lebanon is stuck in the 60's for a while. With that said, I don't believe Lebanon was going to win that game unless the entire Johnson family caught the flu. Richlands was the better team and deserved to win, hat's off to them.

The Johnsons are fantastic players as is several of the other guys that play for the blues. Jack Vance, Reese & Brad Strong, Cody Thomas, Will Lowe, and the list goes on, but our advantage over the other teams is, and has been, and I hope it is for many more years to come...........Mance and his staff.

I know I'm biased here, but they have to be considered if not THE best, one of the best coaching staffs in Southwest Virginia.

I know I just stated the obvious, but just like to give them their due.

The Blues offense looked 10 times better this week, the defense not so much. Yep, the officiating was horrible. I feel that we shot ourselves in the foot with pen and gave Lebanon more scores than they should have had. I feel the game was on line to be a blowout and our defense just relaxed to much, up 43-19 need to put the nail in the coffin, domination by Richlands. But in the end it was a closer ball game and we still got the win that is all that matters. Good game both teams.

Edited by Nadoball

Nadoball, you're kid'in.....right? Was you even at the game or does it just bother you so much that you had to come up with something? Lebanon did fumble inside the 5 once.....bad call showed him down. Richlands caught a long pass about a yard out of bounds in the back of the endzone........bad call. Evens out.

Quincy........I'm 9. Are you still in the 8th grade? you all seem to have a lot of trouble getting through that one!

Nadoball, you're kid'in.....right? Was you even at the game or does it just bother you so much that you had to come up with something? Lebanon did fumble inside the 5 once.....bad call showed him down. Richlands caught a long pass about a yard out of bounds in the back of the endzone........bad call. Evens out.

Quincy........I'm 9. Are you still in the 8th grade? you all seem to have a lot of trouble getting through that one!

I was standing on the back boundary line looking right down the line within 5 yards, he came down in, the ref that made the call was five yards on the other side looking right dead at them, watched him raise his hands.

Have to give some credit to Lebanon they used some good balance and miss direction. But thing that makes me fuzzy is the drives substained by penalities. We gave about 40 yards on your first drive.

Do we have a Tornado over on your side????

Good Luck Lebanon. If you guys get to meet Gaty City in the playoffs its going to be one the Prime playoff games.

Edited by thundercloud

The Blues offense looked 10 times better this week, the defense not so much. Yep, the officiating was horrible. I feel that we shot ourselves in the foot with pen and gave Lebanon more scores than they should have had. I feel the game was on line to be a blowout and our defense just relaxed to much, up 43-19 need to put the nail in the coffin, domination by Richlands. But in the end it was a closer ball game and we still got the win that is all that matters. Good game both teams.

I agree with nado the bad calls keep it closer than it was.

If you're talking about the pass caught by Brandon Call... I was at the back of the endzone less than 5 yards to his left and he looked in bounds to me. I wasn't looking at his feet, but looking at the picture and knowing where I was in relation I would say he was in bounds.

As far as the game being close, Lebanon moved the ball well and scored some points but I never felt like it was a close game. And I think the defense did relax a little at 43-19 as most teams would have conceded at that point. Lebanon didn't quit though and you have to give them credit for that.

The pass was in bounds. I was there and watched his foot come down (it only takes one). From a former official to anyone on this board who hasn't done it. Go to VHSL.org and read the rules. Most of the booing that I heard was for nothing. The diving in the endzone was called correctly. It is done for safety (this is not college and regardless of what they think they can do it isn't close to what they show on ESPN on Saturday's) When you have lineman down field on a pass it is a foul. And regardless of what the announcer said it is not a loss of down. I know the crew that officiated that game, they go out of there way to get better, not everyone's perfect. I read in the Bristol Paper that the AOA was needing officials before the beginning of the season, how many of you that was on here complaining about bad calls ever went and tried to become a official? There is always a loser in every game, so therefore you walk into the game as an official knowing that you are going to piss off 50% of the people there. Sign up, get your gear, take the test, spend your time and money driving to distant places so that some drunk will tell you how bad you are.

Give me and the officials a break.

I'm not sure I agree with the "unsportsmanlike" call for diving in the endzone. It looked to me like he was trying to make sure he got in before being tackled. If there were no defenders around him then yeah. But not when he's being pursued and doesn't know how close the defender is.