Nadoball

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

richlands by 30+ pts

richlands + johnson boys = really good team

richlands - johnson boys = decent team

I completely agree with this.. Without the transfers Richlands wouldn't have half the team that they do and they certainly would be district champs with the close game they had against CC the other week

I have never heard so much crying over something in my life. The Richlands team has earned their 6th SWD title and a 9-1 record. People need to get over all the BS and give these kids creidt for what the have done and stop all this ifs and buts.

it's not like this is new or anything...Richlands has a good program and they just reload every year...even without the Johnson kid running the ball you would see Strong running all over the field or someone else...face it...they are as top notch of a program as you will find around here...if the kids would have xfr'd in this year and Richlands would have just come out of nowhere to win 9 games, it might be some sort of an argument but come on guys, they have been winning for many years now...this is just more of the same.

I remember when the first "good" group left everyone said what will they do next year...well they won again...then the next group left and people said the same...and they won again....they have a good program...stop with all the jealous crap and just admit it...they play 7 on 7 ball and work out year round and the kids are very well coached...and they have a great lower program in place that produces a lot of good kids for the high school program....that's why they win....not because 3 kids from Big Creek decided to go to school there this year.

As far as those kids go...good for them...I'd rather play at Richlands than Big Creek if given the choice as well...I don't know many who wouldn't....so everyone needs to just give it a rest.

I agree with the_general. I dont want to hear about Grundy having classy fans (their wrestling fans) My nephew whipped one of their wrestlers in regionals in 2008 that sent my nephew to state and left their wrestler at home. So, needless to say, Grundy fans cheered for the poquoson wrestler against my nephew at state. Plus the CRAP grundy fans do during national anthems is pathetic with the home of the wave crap!!!!!!!!!! Total disrespect to the anthem IMO

Grundy hasn't done the "home of the wave" crap in years....like 20+....just fyi.

(I kinda wish they would though as I like it)

they may not do the home of the wave crap as much, but they did do it at richlands/grundy wrestling match @ rhs in 08 fyi. ultimately it doesnt matter whether they do it or not, i just personally dont like it lol

come to think of it. the ones that did the home of the wave was some old ladies so maybe they didnt get the memo to not do it LOL

sounds like the Golden Oldies...they probably still think it's 1985...god bless 'em.

it's not like this is new or anything...Richlands has a good program and they just reload every year...even without the Johnson kid running the ball you would see Strong running all over the field or someone else...face it...they are as top notch of a program as you will find around here...if the kids would have xfr'd in this year and Richlands would have just come out of nowhere to win 9 games, it might be some sort of an argument but come on guys, they have been winning for many years now...this is just more of the same.

I remember when the first "good" group left everyone said what will they do next year...well they won again...then the next group left and people said the same...and they won again....they have a good program...stop with all the jealous crap and just admit it...they play 7 on 7 ball and work out year round and the kids are very well coached...and they have a great lower program in place that produces a lot of good kids for the high school program....that's why they win....not because 3 kids from Big Creek decided to go to school there this year.

As far as those kids go...good for them...I'd rather play at Richlands than Big Creek if given the choice as well...I don't know many who wouldn't....so everyone needs to just give it a rest.

Great post I agree 100%

Thanks Lance, that's a good post and I couldn't say it better ! It's the same in any sport, whoever is on or near the top and has been doing a lot of winning it seems like everybody else wants to tear them down.

It's not gonna stop as long as Richlands is winning. But I guess you have to expect it.

The people that are close to the program know the truth and everybody else is just guessing and spreading rumors. Some are just jealousy. People will believe what they want to believe and will never hear anything except what they want to hear.

The person that said we use to think the same thing about Salem is right ! I know a lot of fans that use to say the same thing ( including me ! ).

Maybe we were right and maybe not, all I know that I wish I had never said anything about it now without knowing more about their program and what was going on there. I was wrong to say those things because I didn't know from first hand weather it was true or not. I just wanted a reason why they were so much better than most everybody else. Maybe they were recruiting or maybe the kids just want to play there because of the winning they were and are doing and the facilities they have, I don't know. I'm 50 now and I guess it took that long to learn to think before I write or speak.

I just hope that we keep winning and let the ones who want to take their shots at us take them.

I know that I will probably be attacked for something I said in this post and that's ok because everyone has a right to express how they feel, I'm just expressing how I feel.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Thanks Lance, that's a good post and I couldn't say it better ! It's the same in any sport, whoever is on or near the top and has been doing a lot of winning it seems like everybody else wants to tear them down.

It's not gonna stop as long as Richlands is winning. But I guess you have to expect it.

The people that are close to the program know the truth and everybody else is just guessing and spreading rumors. Some are just jealousy. People will believe what they want to believe and will never hear anything except what they want to hear.

The person that said we use to think the same thing about Salem is right ! I know a lot of fans that use to say the same thing ( including me ! ).

Maybe we were right and maybe not, all I know that I wish I had never said anything about it now without knowing more about their program and what was going on there. I was wrong to say those things because I didn't know from first hand weather it was true or not. I just wanted a reason why they were so much better than most everybody else. Maybe they were recruiting or maybe the kids just want to play there because of the winning they were and are doing and the facilities they have, I don't know. I'm 50 now and I guess it took that long to learn to think before I write or speak.

I just hope that we keep winning and let the ones who want to take their shots at us take them.

I know that I will probably be attacked for something I said in this post and that's ok because everyone has a right to express how they feel, I'm just expressing how I feel.

People will question a successful program. Salem has been scrutinized for years and will continue to be. Willis white, salem city leadership and the entire community pulled together and committed their resources to one common goal of making Salem the best program in the state. I read on vapreps they have averaged 10 wins a year for the last 27 years. The richlands program is following the same formula and as long as everyone continues to pull together the success will continue.Many communities have the financial and human resources to pull this off but because of power struggles they can't seem to pull it together. It takes a special group of people to get it done. What pisses people off is they think something subversive is going on and that's the only way they can explain why others are successful and they aren't. There is no secret when people all share a common vision, accept their role and work their asses off to accomplish it, when this happens you get Salem and Richlands type programs. This is the secret formula of which there is no secret.

People will question a successful program. Salem has been scrutinized for years and will continue to be. Willis white, salem city leadership and the entire community pulled together and committed their resources to one common goal of making Salem the best program in the state. I read on vapreps they have averaged 10 wins a year for the last 27 years. The richlands program is following the same formula and as long as everyone continues to pull together the success will continue.Many communities have the financial and human resources to pull this off but because of power struggles they can't seem to pull it together. It takes a special group of people to get it done. What pisses people off is they think something subversive is going on and that's the only way they can explain why others are successful and they aren't. There is no secret when people all share a common vision, accept their role and work their asses off to accomplish it, when this happens you get Salem and Richlands type programs. This is the secret formula of which there is no secret.

It is the end of the season everybody starts out wishing for the perfect season, to have the best team, to beat the guy on top of his game. Most are setting here now reflecting on what could have been done better, on the what went wrongs, why couldn't they beat that one team, it's human thing to want to do better, be the best.

Unless one has experienced what your talking about above it's very hard to comprehend, I never would have, if I hadn't seen it first hand. It's all about vision, dreaming a dream and then everbody rolling up your shevees and investing the time to make it happen.

When you get there you will find, there will be others who want to dream that dream with you, while at the same time you'll find the same type of critics who play a role in keeping them from ever getting there.

It is the end of the season everybody starts out wishing for the perfect season, to have the best team, to beat the guy on top of his game. Most are setting here now reflecting on what could have been done better, on the what went wrongs, why couldn't they beat that one team, it's human thing to want to do better, be the best.

Unless one has experienced what your talking about above it's very hard to comprehend, I never would have, if I hadn't seen it first hand. It's all about vision, dreaming a dream and then everbody rolling up your shevees and investing the time to make it happen.

When you get there you will find, there will be others who want to dream that dream with you, while at the same time you'll find the same type of critics who play a role in keeping them from ever getting there.

Great response. The power of purpose is one of God's great gifts and when we live and work for purpose we are rewarded in all that we do. those who don't live for purpose are punished for their idleness of mind and learn to make excuses when things don't go their way. Like I said earlier there is no big secret in Salem, Richlands or any program like them. It takes time and effort. If it's not there drop the football program there is no need to have one.

richlands by 30+ pts

richlands + johnson boys = really good team

richlands - johnson boys = decent team

Whine, Whine, Whine, get over it!!!! You couldn't beat us the last 6 years and you couldn't beat us this year. Another one is coming next season.

I agree with the_general. I dont want to hear about Grundy having classy fans (their wrestling fans) My nephew whipped one of their wrestlers in regionals in 2008 that sent my nephew to state and left their wrestler at home. So, needless to say, Grundy fans cheered for the poquoson wrestler against my nephew at state. Plus the CRAP grundy fans do during national anthems is pathetic with the home of the wave crap!!!!!!!!!! Total disrespect to the anthem IMO

Grundy fans have always been class acts as far as i have seen. They have been nothing but respectful everytime i have went to something they were involved in sure they are going to pull for there guy but if it is someone local I have seen alot of them pull for them as well. Sure there are a few bad seeds that like to be jerks but ALL schools have those.

Grundy fans have always been class acts as far as i have seen. They have been nothing but respectful everytime i have went to something they were involved in sure they are going to pull for there guy but if it is someone local I have seen alot of them pull for them as well. Sure there are a few bad seeds that like to be jerks but ALL schools have those.

I don't know if Cola is still around or not, but in 2004 when Grundy got put out of the playoffs in a BS game against VA High...most of the team went to Richlands the next week and pulled for the Blues...we all sat right there with Cola and his crew. I've been at State several times wrestling years ago where the Grundy fans pulled for several of the local schools that only had one or two kids that made it...just like they were one of our own...so not sure what has gone on the last few years because I have not been able to make the trip...but the wrestling crowd has always been pretty supportive of area, not just the Grundy kids.

Now, don't get me wrong, Grundy folks and Richlands folks have no love lost on the field...lol

Nice post Lance!