Another enrollment surprise

the watcher

No surprise to me...

VHSL numbers are crazy...

Lee County has an enrollment of around 1000 and are single A...

Graham, Grundy each have around 500...and are AA...

Of course these schools have petitioned to play in these classifications...but the VHSL needs to re-align...what ever happened to the re-alignment proposal to go to a 5A system...it actually looked pretty good.

No surprise to me...

Of course these schools have petitioned to play in these classifications...but the VHSL needs to re-align...what ever happened to the re-alignment proposal to go to a 5A system...it actually looked pretty good.

Lee's enrollment is actually 712 now, which makes them a legitimate Group A school. They were allowed to play down at first, but now there are a few A schools bigger than them.

Lee's enrollment is actually 712 now, which makes them a legitimate Group A school. They were allowed to play down at first, but now there are a few A schools bigger than them.

Actually the Lee County enrollment is over 1000. O excuse me you must mean Lee High's enrollment is 712. There are two schools in Lee County one named Lee High School and the other is Thomas Walker High School. There is no school in the state of Virginia that has or goes by the name Lee County High School.

No surprise to me...

The 5A system has some flaws . . . namely putting schools in enrollment classifications when their enrollment is above the max. Same old stuff . . . VHSL will cater those with the most clout or complain the most. I prefer the system in place now (with some tweaks) to what is being proposed.

Actually the Lee County enrollment is over 1000. O excuse me you must mean Lee High's enrollment is 712. There are two schools in Lee County one named Lee High School and the other is Thomas Walker High School. There is no school in the state of Virginia that has or goes by the name Lee County High School.

Yeah, I know, that's why I said Lee and not Lee County.

No surprise to me...

There's no school named Lee County as there are two county schools in Lee Co. (Lee High and Thomas Walker). It's like Giles County, there are two county schools, Giles and Narrows, making Giles High School just Giles and not Giles County.

Lee High's enrollment is 712. They are appropriately placed in 1A and not 2A. They could really be 1A or 2A but their enrollment has dropped considerably.

Edited by trumpet1988

Because its not the name of the school. You can refer to it as that but you'd be naming a school that's not in VA so we'd be asking who you are talking about and correcting the error every time :D I used to just throw it in every now and then myself as a friendly fyi when I'd see someone say it, although as time goes and the more its said it does become a bit annoying.

Edited by Beamerball

The school is named for the county's namesake Gen. (Lighthorse) Harry Lee, Revolutionary War hero and father of Robert E. Lee.

So, if Lee High and R.E. Lee-Staunton should ever play, Lee could always use the "who's you're daddy?" chant regardless of what the score is...