Richlands @ Cave Spring

BigD4VT

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that River Ridge teams are good, but I also feel a lot of fans from this area tend to slightly overrate the overall strength of that district. I blame that perception on the G-men for their total inability to hang with RR teams over the last 3 years .

why does graham play them everyyear if they just get smashed

Coming from a single A West Virginia school the Johnson's don't know what true AA ball is about yet. River Ridge teams don't play around.

They've played 11 games already they know what Double A ball is. No River Ridge team is going to bring anything to the table that they have not already seen. They got that out of there system in the first game of the year against Gate City. By the way Richlands doesn't play around either.

I know that River Ridge teams are good, but I also feel a lot of fans from this area tend to slightly overrate the overall strength of that district. I blame that perception on the G-men for their total inability to hang with RR teams over the last 3 years .

At least they play them

and you would be completely wrong....having lived in that area for several years and watching the quality of teams in that district compared to the swd....the worst team in that district could beat the best team in the SWD on any given day.

10 years ago, different story...not now.

and you would be completely wrong....having lived in that area for several years and watching the quality of teams in that district compared to the swd....the worst team in that district could beat the best team in the SWD on any given day.

so ur gonna say pulaski county would beat richlands?? i mean swd best rrd's worse, think about what u say

why does graham play them everyyear if they just get smashed

Up until the past few years, Graham played a tough schedule and competed very well....in fact won more than they lost against the better competition (they still hold an edge over tBlacksburg). However, Things have changed. Graham is not the caliber team they used to be and the teams they play have gotten better each year.

Graham teams in the past would compete and do well with very little talent, good solid coaching and strong fundamentals...I see a lack of fundamentals, especially on defense at Graham. The other schools are in the weight room and training year-round now, something Graham had been doing since Carlock took over.

so ur gonna say pulaski county would beat richlands?? i mean swd best rrd's worse, think about what u say

I would say by at least 14 points......

Cave Spring beat them by 7....let's see how things play out friday night.

I guess that's why Cave Spring, along with former Divison 3 teams Christiansburg and Hidden Valley, have been knocking Richlands out of regional and state playoffs over the last 5 years.

Edited by parsons

I guess that's why Cave Spring, along with former Divison 3 teams Christiansburg and Hidden Valley, have been knocking Richlands out regional and state playoffs over the last 5 years.

Oh, I forgot, they haven't been.......

The River Ridge is a great district, but there's a little bit of hyperbole being pitched here. It's not like comparing the SWD to the NFC East or anything. And my opinion is that, top to bottom, the Seminole is far superior to the RR. FWIW.....

I do know that Cave Spring has very little respect for anybody west of I-81 and very little notion of what they're up against. Easy win against Graham works against them, the speed of the Johnson kids, and turnovers make the difference.

Richlands by a couple TDs. Then the fun begins....

If you look close at what Cave Spring is doing it's pretty much a mirror image of what Richlands has been doing 4 or 5 years. So to me what that says is with what their doing this year that's about what you would see out of Richlands in that district in their best years.

As far as the bigger schools in the ridge it's the same debate just in a different form. Population is expanding in the River Ridge while the SW Virginia is contracting the more time moves on the bigger the gap and the larger the disparity in competition.

Why should teams with 500-750 student bodies be expected to compete with the 1100-1250.

In some of those best Richlands years we did scrimage Pulaski and Christensburg and we came out quite well.

Fulbolking do you remember what you were saying about Cave at the beginning of the year?

Edited by thundercloud

No, Futbol's dead on the money on this one...

I've never argued that any team in the River Ridge couldn't beat the SWD's best on any given night........I've already stated that any team in that district would have competed for the top spot in the SWD this year.

However, the elevation of the River Ridge teams individually to greatness just doesn't hold water. Christiansburg beat a 3-7 Floyd County this year by only 3 points. Salem, a program I have tremendous respect for, just beat Magna Vista by 7 this past week, and assuming they get by C'burg, will probaby get dusted in the state semi-final.

Over the last 5 years, Richlands has shown that they can play with any team in that district. This year, Richlands may be (?) an underdog, but only because the team is so young. Next year's Richlands team against this year's Cave Spring would be at least a 14 point favorite.

I would say by at least 14 points......

Cave Spring beat them by 7....let's see how things play out friday night.

So Pulaski would beat Richlands by at least 14?

Now here is a quote from you after Richlands beat William Fleming by 3 or 4 scores to none at the Gridorama.........

....I was just very impressed with Richlands....they have some superb athletes...and they did whip a very good William Fleming team who was loaded with athletes. #8 for Richlands is a special player. You wouldn't know by looking at him, but that guy is one heck of a ball player.

I'm a Graham fan, but I'll give credit where it is due....Richlands is the team to beat in the SWD this year...

William Fleming beat Pulaski by 18 this year........Pulaski ends the year at 2-8, but somehow in your mind would beat Richlands by 14+........I'm not too impressed with your analytical skills.....

So Pulaski would beat Richlands by at least 14?

Now here is a quote from you after Richlands beat William Fleming by 3 or 4 scores to none at the Gridorama.........

William Fleming beat Pulaski by 18 this year........Pulaski ends the year at 2-8, but somehow in your mind would beat Richlands by 14+........I'm not too impressed with your analytical skills.....

hahaha I love it when someone post something forget about it then says something that goes against the very thing they had already said I look foward to seeing what he post after this. haha.

hahaha I love it when someone post something forget about it then says something that goes against the very thing they had already said I look foward to seeing what he post after this. haha.

If you liked that one, you should love this one……..

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?p=193730#post193730

On my end, it's Richlands as the favorite. Picking Cave is crazy in my opinion. Someone other than Richlands will have needed to win the Region just one time in the last half of a decade before I pick against them. Richlands lost to a very solid Gate City team and Richlands will only be far better due to Mance by game 7.

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17064&page=4

..... I will not attempt to educate you parsondude, afterall, you are from Richlands, so why try that? I gave you the pick though and you mark it down....Cave Spring will beat Richlands by 10 points or more when they play at Cave Spring. Score,,,,,,33-21 in favor of that RiverRidge district that you think is so bad. The true part is....every team in the district is decent and even the bottom feeders of the district are tough.
Edited by parsons