Richlands @ Cave Spring

BigD4VT

Surprised there isn't already a thread for this it's the match up people have been talking about all year. Massey's simulator has CS winning at home 25-24. He gives the 1 point margin to the Blues if the game were in Richlands or at a nuetral site.

Last time we were at Dwight Bogle Stadium we outnumbered the home fans at least 3:1. We're playing a different team this time, and it's a night game, but we can still take home field advantage with us. We need to pack the place and make a ton of noise.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is finally here people have been talking about this game for what feels like forever and a day haha. Should be a great football game if the blues and can hold onto the football I really like Richlands in this one the problem is that Richlands and Cave Spring are mirror images of one another every where one team has a great athlete the other has one of equal value Speed at WR, Great RBs, Pretty Strong Ds on both sides of the football no one has the clear advantage.

This article is about CS's game last night...... following is excerpt:

=====================================================

"Still, not everyone was satisfied.

"One of our goals is to actually score on defense," Cave Spring senior center J.D. Griffith said. "We have not hit that goal yet this season.

"So there's more to do. We have many goals to do."

The most immediate one? Try to keep things rolling against perennial power Richlands, which will visit Bogle next week in the regional final.

"They've got history on their side," said Alex Berry, a two-way lineman for Cave Spring. "We're making it. So it's the battle of the new kid on the block vs. the guy who's been there pretty much every year. It's going to be a tough fight."

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/highschool/wb/227169

I sure hope Richlands comes out strong on Friday. If we start slow the way we have the last couple of games we could be in trouble. Mance needs to make his great halftime adjustments before the game starts LOL

LETS GO BLUES!!!!

I think RHS has a great shot at winning this one. Graham could've been competitive had they had any decent coaching. RHS has great coaching and can make adjustments. Plus, I think RHS has the players to match up well with CS. Good Luck to Richlands!!!

RHS 24

CSHS 21

I was impressed with the way the blues played last night I know they did not score 60 points but that was the first game I looked at that team said we have a shot to go very very deep in the playoffs. I always knew the talent was there was just waiting on it all to gel looks like it might be starting to. The Flags are a problem but if you go back and look the Blues have gotten more flags in the state every year since 2004 and have also been one of the toughest in AA since that same period they always seem to overcome the flags most teams it hurts for Richlands they seem to help haha.

Cave Spring-27

R/B,ichlands- 10

Game changing well be the fact if big creek shows up and plays to potential

I know that River Ridge teams are good, but I also feel a lot of fans from this area tend to slightly overrate the overall strength of that district. I blame that perception on the G-men for their total inability to hang with RR teams over the last 3 years .

Edited by parsons