Richlands @ Cave Spring

BigD4VT

I said Richlands was the best team in the "SWD" this year...they would finish last in the River Ridge this year....in my opinion. You're comparing apples to oranges...or should I say lemons to oranges...and unlike you...I do not compare scrimmage scores to actual game scores.

I'm not trying to disrespect Richlands...obviously, they are the best in their district. I just think the River Ridge is loaded with quality teams this year and it will show....Cave Spring didn't go 8-2 by beating up on the likes of a patsy SWD and single A schedule (and it will show on friday).

I would like to see Richlands win, but I don't see it happening.....I am sorry that my opinion about who is a better team and which is a better district cuts you so deeply. Try not to take somebody's opinion so personally, I mean no disrespect.

In short RiverRidge > SouthWest.....by a longshot.

Why do you refuse to go back and look at the past history of the past 4 years Richlands has beaten just about everyone put infront of them wether it be RiverRidge or some other district it does not matter. There are only a hand full of teams in AA football if you put Richlands and them on the field and ask who wins that I would take someone other than Richlands. 1. SALEM 2. Amherst i hope i spelled that right 3. Gretna i know not AA but might as well be put in this group haha 4.Bluefield. That is it my friend any other team I would give Richlands a very very good chance of winning. It is going to be a huge task for them to take down CS no doubt about it but if you go back no one was giving them a chance to beat any of the teams from that area they have beaten in the past few years.

Edited by Rhschamps04

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played Pulaski just a couple of seasons ago can not remember but i think it was the first game of the season beat them 35-0 if i am not mistaken

It was about five years ago. It was the first benefit game we played and it was actually a scrimmage. We played Bassett this year in a similiar game.

It was about five years ago. It was the first benefit game we played and it was actually a scrimmage. We played Bassett this year in a similiar game.

Oh ok i could remember a friday night under the lights thought it was a opening game. Alot of people for both teams showed up for that game.

2004: Richlands 28 Salem 42 (Blues were leading in the 4th but Salem's depth took over and made the difference. Richlands has made it a point to have as few guys as possible going both ways ever since.

2005: Richlands 23 Liberty 20 (Liberty was a heavy favorite for the same reason that we're all used to now... They play in a "superior district"

2005: Richlands 13 Turner-Ashby 27 (Richlands was favored in this game but lost before they got off the bus.

2006: Richlands 44 Hidden Valley 14 ( A matchup very much like the one with Cave Spring. The Titans were billed all year as the team that would end it for Richlands. 44 points shut a lot of people up!

2006: Richlands 29 Rockbridge County 28 ( Richlands dominated RC but Mayo kept them in with his ability to scramble and make big plays.

2007: Richlands 24 Brookville 14 (Another one of those teams that Richlands didn't belong on the field with. They were bigger, stronger, faster, and not as good as Richlands!

2007: Richlands 22 Monticiello 36 (Blues got behind early and never caught up despite a great second half.

2008: Richlands 0 Brookville 40 (Not much to say about this one.

2009: Cave Spring... All I know about them is they run the same offense as Richlands. We'll find out Friday if they run it better.

Why are Richlands' fans even attempting to effect what other ppl think or believe about the Richlands program or for that matter the SWD? You'll get this same discussion every year at this time....the SWD is not equal to the programs north of us. We can't convince them otherwise, by throwing out previous stats, records, or enrollment. The only convincing is gonna be done on the "field of play". One poster on VA Preps put it best ...."the Richlands football program is the Rodney Dangerfield" in VA.

Trigger stating that most football teams have gotten breaks or "things" gone their way in some games to get where they presently are.... is correct.

Cave Spring has arrived this year and they're the next opponent for Richlands. Cave Spring has earned it, they deserve it, they believe in their program....and they will face a "mirror" opponent on the field Friday night. If Richlands wins this game, the respect factor for Richlands and the SWD is not gonna magically appear and all conversation about it will cease .....it is what it is.

The most important thing.....believe in YOUR team, work hard and put forth your best effort....the Richlands coaches and players have been very successful with this formula over the last several years.

I agree

I said that Cave had been at the bottom of the RR for years...they proved me wrong...(they were about the only team I thought ANY SWD team would have a chance against....I was wrong...Richlands would finish dead last in the River Ridge this year...).

I hope they prove me wrong, but that's what I think.

I'll say CS 34...Richlands 20...

Also...Pulaski County's worst teams....can compete with Richlands best teams.

Schedule Pulaski County on your schedule year in and year out....you might go 2-8 over a 10 year period....

The entire SWD should drop to single A where they belong.

your one of the dumbest people on this whole forum...i would never pull for richlands but their not as bad as ur makin them out to be

The bottom line is that Richlands is going to have to play solid Hard-Nosed football for 48 minutes and, have history on our side and with history comes wisdom, gotta have faith that the staff at Richlands will work thier magic as they do every post season, It's time for the team to start clicking and making things happen between the hashs. Cave will bring talent, but they have copied RHS in more ways than one, it'll cut close if the blues come out on the wrong foot and get behind, but the main thing is to keep them guessing and make plays and play with the HISTORY on our side

your one of the dumbest people on this whole forum...i would never pull for richlands but their not as bad as ur makin them out to be

Get some facts then you can talk to us? RHS 1992, 2006 (state champions) 2007 (State Finalists) 2008 ( State Finalists) Pulaski who? thanks

Get some facts then you can talk to us? RHS 1992, 2006 (state champions) 2007 (State Finalists) 2008 ( State Finalists) Pulaski who? thanks

get some right facts and then talk to us. brookville-state finalist 2008? i think so.

haha people are so quick to jump on each other before they even know what they're saying

I would like to see Richlands win, but I don't see it happening.....I am sorry that my opinion about who is a better team and which is a better district cuts you so deeply. Try not to take somebody's opinion so personally, I mean no disrespect.

In short RiverRidge > SouthWest.....by a longshot.

I have no argument with your last point, but saying that the River Ridge's last place team is better than a team that's been in the state finals 3 out of the last 4 years is simply ridiculous.

Edited by parsons

You do not even comprehend what I'm saying, so I don't know why I'm even responding...but I'll try this one more time....I think Richlands has a decent team, but they wouldn't do jack squat in the River Ridge district......go ahead and live in your dream world, but neither Richlands or any other team from the SouthWest District would be able to compete in the River Ridge. Richlands may finish next to last, the rest of the district would be destroyed in every single game....

And let's talk about this year's team...not the last 5 Richlands teams...they're not playing on friday.

If you think that's dumb, that's your sheltered opinion.

If you want to watch some real football, go watch the River Ridge teams play, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

10 years ago...the SouthWest District could hang, not now.

I have no argument with your last point, but saying that the River Ridge's last place team is better than a team that's been in the state finals 3 out of the last 4 years is simply ridiculous.

Unfortunately, this year's team has to play in the game on friday, not those teams from the past few years.

Guest quispbird

Futbolking is a GRAHAM fan and only graham of many years past exist in his tiny little brain.

He double speaks, triple speaks and does whatever he can to down (richlands) at every turn.

Listening to him post on here is like a broken record. Move on. You obviously know very little about hs football. (besides grahams glory days of course)

unfortunately Richlands 2009 is playing on friday night. Some of those other guys were at practice today, but they can't actually suit up and play.

Guest quispbird
You do not even comprehend what I'm saying, so I don't know why I'm even responding...but I'll try this one more time....I think Richlands has a decent team, but they wouldn't do jack squat in the River Ridge district......go ahead and live in your dream world, but neither Richlands or any other team from the SouthWest District would be able to compete in the River Ridge. Richlands may finish next to last, the rest of the district would be destroyed in every single game....

And let's talk about this year's team...not the last 5 Richlands teams...they're not playing on friday.

If you think that's dumb, that's your sheltered opinion.

If you want to watch some real football, go watch the River Ridge teams play, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

10 years ago...the SouthWest District could hang, not now.

You MEAN 10 years ago graham could hang. They are the ones getting throttled by rr schools. NOT richlands.

Futbolking is a GRAHAM fan and only graham of many years past exist in his tiny little brain.

He double speaks, triple speaks and does whatever he can to down (richlands) at every turn.

Listening to him post on here is like a broken record. Move on. You obviously know very little about hs football. (besides grahams glory days of course)

No, I am saying what I believe to be true and Richlands fans don't like it. If you believe that the SWD is anything close to the River Ridge, you're sadly mistaken. Richlands has had some good teams the past few years...but the teams they have beaten this year have not been quality opponents and it will show on friday, I believe. Prove me wrong Tornadoes, I would love it. But, I'm not going to be politically correct and pick Richlands, just because they're in the SWD.

You MEAN 10 years ago graham could hang. They are the ones getting throttled by rr schools. NOT richlands.

No, 10 years ago...half of the current River Ridge sucked...Christiansburg, Cave Spring..Blacksburg have all improved tremendously. Maybe Graham is the only team getting throttled by rr schools because they're the only ones with the stones to play them.

I hope Richlands wins, but I don't see it happening. The quality of play in the SWD has declined sharply over the past several years (with the exception of Richlands) and I don't think Richlands has faced anybody close to the caliber of Cave Spring this year and I'll just leave it at that...I'm through defending my argument on here. I stated an opinion and it has obviously offended some Richlands fans, that was not my intention, just putting in my 2 cents, I don't really care if anybody likes it or not.

Edited by futbolking

Well, I think it's dumb. Yes, most of the SWD wouldn't fare too well against the River Ridge... but most of the SWD hasn't fared too well against Richlands either. The Blues have lost ONE game against SWD teams in 6 years. Further, Richlands has won 11 consecutive Region IV playoff games and are 5-time defending champions. To suggest they would finish "dead last" in the River Ridge is the dumbest thing I've ever read...

Guest quispbird

We are talking about Richlands playing with RR schools. Which they could. Everyone knows most of the teams in the swd couldn't hang with any rr schools. Especially graham. They have been absolutely throttled by rr schools the last few years.

Also take into account that every school in the swd (besides abingdon and carroll county) are small AA schools. And 3-4 of them could play single A. (grungy, tazewell, graham, richlands)

So trying to compare the swd as a whole to the RR is just plain dumb. And i have no idea why you keep trying to. Cave is the only D3 team in the district.

Guest quispbird

Don't ever say that foosballsking has all his marbles in place. He posts some of the most stupid reasons for things on here i've ever read. And it all boils down to him loving graham and graham not being good for a long time.

SWDRules is his va preps username.

Hey bigd. How is practice looking this week?

Well, I think it's dumb. Yes, most of the SWD wouldn't fare too well against the River Ridge... but most of the SWD hasn't fared too well against Richlands either. The Blues have lost ONE game against SWD teams in 6 years. Further, Richlands has won 11 consecutive Region IV playoff games and are 5-time defending champions. To suggest they would finish "dead last" in the River Ridge is the dumbest thing I've ever read...

They've done quite well over the past few years, but those accomplishments won't help them this friday night. The River Ridge is very deep this year and quality from top to bottom.

Don't ever say that foosballsking has all his marbles in place. He posts some of the most stupid reasons for things on here i've ever read. And it all boils down to him loving graham and graham not being good for a long time.

SWDRules is his va preps username.

Hey bigd. How is practice looking this week?

Haven't been there. I don't usually make it to practice.

They've done quite well over the past few years, but those accomplishments won't help them this friday night. The River Ridge is very deep this year and quality from top to bottom.

I don't doubt that... but Richlands isn't playing the River Ridge from top to bottom. They're playing Cave Spring.