Shocking news from Abingdon

southbound

Some of the players coming back this year informed me that Coach Bowles may be stepping down. What a shock? I really thought he was doing a good job with the Falcons. Oh well, I wonder what else can happen with Bowles leaving and Hess possibly transferring. What else can happen with the Falcons? Stay tuned!

Some of the players coming back this year informed me that Coach Bowles may be stepping down. What a shock? I really thought he was doing a good job with the Falcons. Oh well, I wonder what else can happen with Bowles leaving and Hess possibly transferring. What else can happen with the Falcons? Stay tuned!

If this is in fact true who walks through the revolving door next?

why the hell would they leave very good jobs to coach a bunch of birds ..go south..who cares about abindon..we are still playin football..

What are you talking about? Abingdon is a much better job than the two teams you pull for. The Falcons put good athletes on the field every year. Also, if you could please watch your choice of words with me. If I recall, one of your so called teams are dribbling too. ha ha lol :D

Heard the new recruiting coor. has made some unofficial phone calls from big blue heaven regarding hess

I have already stated what will happen if he leaves Abingdon for Richlands. I do know some people up the road that will keep their eyes open on this matter. :cool:

Southbound, there are changes going on here so fast, the man called falcon cant keep up. Duncan, Noe, english teacher, a gym teacher, and now coach bowles? Maybe Jacob? Whats a falcon to do these days? :confused:

Southbound, there are changes going on here so fast, the man called falcon cant keep up. Duncan, Noe, english teacher, a gym teacher, and now coach bowles? Maybe Jacob? Whats a falcon to do these days? :confused:

Get ready for bumpy ride...its only going to get worse.

If the coach leaves, Noone with any clue about southwest VA football will have that Abingdon job. The program has been on the decline in recent years and The program is controled by politics and parental influence. Mix that with the very tough district schedule and the job isnt very appealing at all.

Get ready for bumpy ride...its only going to get worse.

If the coach leaves, Noone with any clue about southwest VA football will have that Abingdon job. The program has been on the decline in recent years and The program is controled by politics and parental influence. Mix that with the very tough district schedule and the job isnt very appealing at all.

haha and you don't think the battle job isn't one of the worst in swva?? Look at your record, your district. I mean, not to brag (cough), the FALCONS slapped you, all up and down the field! How can you say Abingdon isn't a good job? Come on Man!!! .:cool:

The new name being thrown around in A-town is Jamie Harless. An ex-Falcon, he is now the defensive coordinator at Cave Spring. This move would make a lot of sense to bring a true Falcon back home. I can't wait to see what happens. Stay tuned fo me fom Falconland! ;)

haha and you don't think the battle job isn't one of the worst in swva?? Look at your record, your district. I mean, not to brag (cough), the FALCONS slapped you, all up and down the field! How can you say Abingdon isn't a good job? Come on Man!!! .:cool:

I've kept my nose out of the Abingdon Bashing...but SWD, im joining you starting right now.

It did you all so much good. You have a team dominated by seniors, defeated our team which was starting 8 freshman....and ended up with same record as us...3-7.... and once again watching the playoffs from home.

Im not sure you understand this, but the tide is turning. Within the next 2 seasons Battle will end that winning streak that abindon has going and start one of their own.

Im the first to admit the battle program hasnt been very good, but while we're coming up and have alot of young talent in grades 7-10..... your program has been sinking fast. Do you see me on here predicting district championships, and running my mouth about how good my 3-7 football team is doing ALL the time??? no.....

If abingdons players put in as much time in off season program as their fans spend running their mouths, They would be raising state championship banners every year. Unfortunatly....this is not the case. Coaches leaving, Talent level is dropping, numbers are dropping, # of wins of dropping, BUT the # of trash talking fans keep rising.... Im not sure how that works... Does anyone else on this board understand how this could happen? *anyone outside of abingdon I mean*:confused: