Congrats to Holston..Holston 30 Bath 7

WahooRoon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holston also would have had to come up with fencing for around the field before Saturday to play at home. I believe that is a prerequisite for hosting a state semifinal.

Yeah, never really understood why the fences were taken down. Maybe little yellow ropes just look better... Don't get any of this.

I believe I was told the fences were taken down so they can put hedges around the field a la Georgia Bulldogs. Could be wrong but I have heard that from a few people.

Think that you are right, lohead, however, IT WILL TAKE YEARS FOR HEDGES TO GROW IN!!!!

yeah,i kinda thought that..no clue on that one..question?will holston bring their announcer or will one be assigned by vhsl..

WE BETTER GET OUR ANNOUNCER! IF NOT, I'M GOING TO PICKET THE VHSL OR WHOMEVER ELSE WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE. SURELY, David will announce. If not, why not just have it at UVa Wise?

that dude who announces goes just a tad overboard.... all season he did!! during the bath game just sounded like an idiot. he even don a 6th 7th grade game one day acted the same way till the little rebel team went up 22-0 at half then he never said a word

what..this guy has fun..if he isnt there like 84 said why even have it over here..gives alil homefield advantage..i laugh at him causes he's funny and isnt this what is really all about..havin fun,lets let this kids have their moment and enjoy all the hype..both teams deserve respect and i really think who wins this ballgame might be looking at a state trophy so i'm starting to watch the days go by and getting excited....plus,i havent saw the new turf since they put it down.

Not quite right.

Your admin. HAS the say as to where... they coulda done like Essex (seating-800) or Poquoson last year and brought in portables. They coulda picked PH or Abingdon. But they picked E&H, THEN all the VHSL did was rubber-stamp it.

As to WHY E&H & not Ab or PH - my guess is that the admins are taking a jab at the SB.

Bringing in portable seating that is ADA approved costs money...a lot of money. Our county is suffering with severe budget cuts just like the rest of the school districts in this state. Maybe our administration thought it would save someone their job in the long run if they didn't spend that money on seating for a football game. We do not know all the factors that must be considered for these decisions. Stop speculating and deal with the fact that we are playing at Emory. The coach is thrilled with it and so are the players. Isn't that what this is all about...these young men? They got us to this point. Let them enjoy this experience. GO BIG RED!

Speculating? I said "my guess". Not even an opinion. Nothing behind it. Just like a score... it's a guess... far from speculating.

Why ADA approved? What's involved? Essex is bringing in portables. Poquoson did last year. Don't think temps have to meet that requirement. (yes, I'm speculating again.) And how much does that cost? Paying 2 guys 2 days to move them in, then back from whatever field they came from, plus gas. Maybe some local business woulda donated a trailor, or the guys, or the gas... might not have cost the SB a penny. (Gee, I just can't stop speculating, can I?)

"Deal with the fact"??? Huh??? You obviously have me confused with someone who gives a rats about it. I don't care where they play. Coulda played at Galax for all I care. But if Lebanon wasn't so close, I might have went to this game, since I knew some Damascus girls years ago and know the band director (AGAIN, I'm speculating, since I don't know for sure if UD's still there). Emory would have actually been closer for me, esp. if I went down 80.

Edited by VHSLhelper

Bringing in portable seating that is ADA approved costs money...a lot of money. Our county is suffering with severe budget cuts just like the rest of the school districts in this state. Maybe our administration thought it would save someone their job in the long run if they didn't spend that money on seating for a football game. We do not know all the factors that must be considered for these decisions. Stop speculating and deal with the fact that we are playing at Emory. The coach is thrilled with it and so are the players. Isn't that what this is all about...these young men? They got us to this point. Let them enjoy this experience. GO BIG RED!

You are right. Those of us who "spouted off" without knowing the facts are uninformed, to put it nicely, and we put our keyboards in action without thinking it through. We were wrong.

It will be fun! Coach Adams put it best in this morning's paper by giving credit to Coach Matlock in saying that at this point in the season, it's not about the communities it's about giving the guys the opportunity to play in the best facility available. He is right too. Congrats to the Cavs, Congrats to the coaching staff - great job this year, and can't wait for tomorrow! Go Cavs!!!

Speculating? I said "my guess". Not even an opinion. Nothing behind it. Just like a score... it's a guess... far from speculating.

Why ADA approved? What's involved? Essex is bringing in portables. Poquoson did last year. Don't think temps have to meet that requirement. (yes, I'm speculating again.) And how much does that cost? Paying 2 guys 2 days to move them in, then back from whatever field they came from, plus gas. Maybe some local business woulda donated a trailor, or the guys, or the gas... might not have cost the SB a penny. (Gee, I just can't stop speculating, can I?)

"Deal with the fact"??? Huh??? You obviously have me confused with someone who gives a rats about it. I don't care where they play. Coulda played at Galax for all I care. But if Lebanon wasn't so close, I might have went to this game, since I knew some Damascus girls years ago and know the band director (AGAIN, I'm speculating, since I don't know for sure if UD's still there). Emory would have actually been closer for me, esp. if I went down 80.

From thefreedictionary.com:

speculate - talk over conjecturally, or review in an idle or casual way

and with an element of doubt or without sufficient reason to reach a

conclusion;

Synonyms: guess, venture, pretend - put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation;

Sounds to me like "my guess" and "speculate" are really the same thing...

its gonna be like christmas..snow and well i just hope santa brings us toys and not a bag of coal from norton..(i kinda just thought of that..lol)GO BIG RED

Norton's got a heckuva chunk of coal in Miles,and the Southside Scooter is going to be a diamond tomorrow. LPD PRIDE-GO RAIDERS!!!