ALL SWD Team

Lance

Was over at Abingdon High today and noticed the All SWD Team certificates for the Abingdon kids laying around on a desk...didn't look at them of course, but...they should be putting this out soon...anyone know the exact date? From what I've heard there will be some controversy...so get ready for some drama! lol.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was over at Abingdon High today and noticed the All SWD Team certificates for the Abingdon kids laying around on a desk...didn't look at them of course, but...they should be putting this out soon...anyone know the exact date? From what I've heard there will be some controversy...so get ready for some drama! lol.

I find it hard to believe these are just " . . . laying around on a desk . . ." for anyone to look at. What controversy do you expect? All-District teams are always a crap-shoot . . . some make it that shouldn't, some don't make it that should. Problem is--it's not always about the kids. The kids' stats should stand alone. All-District shouldn't be based on team records or coaching clout--just on the kids' performance and what they did for thier respective teams. We'll see, but I suspect when there are six teams in the District making post season, that everyone expects their players to be on the post-season team.

yeah they were laying around on a desk in the office...i was in the office and looked over and there were a few certificates laying there with All SWD on them...not that hard to believe lol...sorry.

As far as controversy, see the other post that gman started after i made this one...

If anyone could post the full list, I'd appreciate it...I can't find it here yet.

I will try to make a rundown of the 1st and 2nd teams.

First Team Offense

C- Alex Marrs Graham

G- Tony Barreras Graham

G- Mikey Quesenberry Carroll

T- Clark Case Abingdon

T- Tanner Marshall Grundy

TE- Torren Boyd Graham

WR- Cody Justice Grundy

WR- Austin Johnson Richlands

RB- Devon Johnson Richlands

RB-Brett Johnson Marion

QB- Dave Marrs Graham

KR- Austin Johnson Richlands

Place Kicker- Clark Case Abingdon

POY- David Marrs

2nd Team Offense

C-Taylor Wade Richlands

G-J Quetsch Abingdon

G-M Elkins Tazewell

T-D Carper Graham

T-K Winegard Carroll

TE- C Beavers Tazewell

WR- Bradley Strong Richlands

WR- C Spencer Abingdon

RB- T Berglowe Grundy

RB-Z Surratt Carroll

RB- Mickel Graham

QB- Cody Johnson Richlands

KR- Mountain Tazewell

Place Kicker- Reece Strong Richlands

yeah...looks like Carrol County and Tazewell got a little left out on the first team...but Graham had 4? and Richlands only had 2? ok.

anyone with the last name Marrs on the Graham team that didn't make it? just curious?

Here goes the 1st and 2nd teams Defense

1st Defense

DE- Z Pauley Tazewell

DE- C Johnson Richlands

DL- Jacob Mollett Carroll

DL-Shaquille McDonald Tazewell

DL- Will Lowe Richlands

LB- A Mickel Graham

LB- J Lamb Carroll

LB- Cody Thomas Richlands

LB- B Coleman Abingdon

DB- Brad Strong Richlands

DB-Jack Vance Richlands

DB-Jon Corner Tazewell

DB- Z Surratt Carroll

Punter- David Marrs Graham

POY- Will Lowe Richlands

2nd Team Defense

DE- N Groseclose Marion

DE-C Case Abingdon

DL- S Fannon Abingdon

DL- J Wolford Marion

DL- Hunter Brown Richlands

LB- Reavis Carroll

LB-T Barreras Graham

LB- L Allison Tazewell

LB- M Holman Marion

DB- A Fajardo Richlands

DB- T Howell Graham

DB- D Marrs Graham

DB- G Johnson Marion

Punter- Reece Strong Richlands

Hope that helps. I looked all over the net today and could not find anything. Apparently the free press doesn't do the on-line thing. Had to get out in the rain and wind and find a free press.

wow...thanks for posting those.

so...guess that answers my question...last name Marrs = 1st Team All District.

looks like the Graham and Abingdon programs might be better friends that most of us thought lol.

I'm not going to complain too much about Marrs... He's a heck of a player. I won't even complain about the Richalnds OL being snubbed. They're young and came together very well as the season went on. They will get their honors in the future. I am however going to complain about Reece Strong not getting 1st team kicker. Who in the SWD kicked more xp's than him, and who else in the SWD has his range?

Congratulations though to everyone who made it.

marrs player of the year? give me a break...

and on defense Zach Pauley 15 sacks on the season over 100 tackles how is that not defensive player of the year?

Edited by pimpdawg

so...guess that answers my question...last name Marrs = 1st Team All District.

not any different from last year lance. alex marrs make 1st team all region last year...why wouldn't he make 1st team swd this year hahah according to him he is getting many d1 looks haha

Here goes the 1st and 2nd teams Defense

1st Defense

DE- Z Pauley Tazewell

DE- C Johnson Richlands

DL- Jacob Mollett Carroll

DL-Shaquille McDonald Tazewell

DL- Will Lowe Richlands

LB- A Mickel Graham

LB- J Lamb Carroll

LB- Cody Thomas Richlands

LB- B Coleman Abingdon

DB- Brad Strong Richlands

DB-Jack Vance Richlands

DB-Jon Corner Tazewell

DB- Z Surratt Carroll

Punter- David Marrs Graham

POY- Will Lowe Richlands

2nd Team Defense

DE- N Groseclose Marion

DE-C Case Abingdon

DL- S Fannon Abingdon

DL- J Wolford Marion

DL- Hunter Brown Richlands

LB- Reavis Carroll

LB-T Barreras Graham

LB- L Allison Tazewell

LB- M Holman Marion

DB- A Fajardo Richlands

DB- T Howell Graham

DB- D Marrs Graham

DB- G Johnson Marion

Punter- Reece Strong Richlands

I am not taking anything from Corner, but how does he get first team defensive back, when he played outside linebacker.

same way mikey got guard when he played center. They don't know what there doing

Maybe they thought these guys were deserving enough to be on the team, however they had to be shown in other positions based on how every position was filled. Geez, most guards can play center and vise versa. Will Lowe played DE and they show as DL and Cody Johnson as DE and he played more of an OSLB. Not that big of a deal guys.....

marrs player of the year? give me a break...

and on defense Zach Pauley broke a state record! 15 sacks on the season over 100 tackles how is that not defensive player of the year?

What "state record" did Pauley break???

I'm not going to complain too much about Marrs... He's a heck of a player. I won't even complain about the Richalnds OL being snubbed. They're young and came together very well as the season went on. They will get their honors in the future. I am however going to complain about Reece Strong not getting 1st team kicker. Who in the SWD kicked more xp's than him, and who else in the SWD has his range?

Congratulations though to everyone who made it.

I actually agree for the Abingdon kicker getting 1st team honors. That kid has got a heck of a leg on him.

Maybe they thought these guys were deserving enough to be on the team, however they had to be shown in other positions based on how every position was filled. Geez, most guards can play center and vise versa. Will Lowe played DE and they show as DL and Cody Johnson as DE and he played more of an OSLB. Not that big of a deal guys.....

Actually Will played both DE and DT. Cody did play DE, which I guess is sort of like OLB in the Richlands' scheme.

I actually agree for the Abingdon kicker getting 1st team honors. That kid has got a heck of a leg on him.

yeah...he won the Grundy game for them...toss up between him and the kid from Richlands I think...either one is a good choice on that one.

Actually Will played both DE and DT. Cody did play DE, which I guess is sort of like OLB in the Richlands' scheme.

Yes, I know that Will played some (very little) DT only in certain schemes they ran. His damage was done from the DE position! Will Lowe and Nick Wolfe played as DE in almost all of the different schemes. Cody was an OSLB that would come down inside tight to stunt in most cases.

Edited by the_general

IMO team records DO count when considering any player's stats.

How do those stats come about? It's being successful against the other side you're lining up against. If stats are coming against "good on good".... a first team offense against a first team defense....there's nothing to debate.

However, when a team with a winning record pulls their first team defense, usually, after the game is in hand in the later qtrs. and the reserves come in.....yet, the losing team keeps in their first string offense against reserves....???? I can certainly see the losing team trying to score....but, it is not the best against the best.

I feel assured in saying that every Richlands first team offensive stat that was earned this year came against a first string defense.

IMO teams W/L records are a part of any stats garnered and cannot be discounted.

Edited by trublue