BDT Region IV 1st Team

dawgs86

Coaches nominate players from their team, but can't vote for players from their team....

"That...and the fact other coaches are not happy about getting RUTS'd every year by the 'Naders...then, throw in the "transfer" issue...lots of votes not going Richlands' way... "

Quote from G-MAN

Just adds more weight to what "G" had to say here.

And Futbolking, your the one talking about how the River Ridge is so much better than the SW VA district. Explain this?

Don't know about voting in Double A but in Single A voting is done based on voting in each district. so if you are voted as a RB with a ranking of 1 and in another district a RB that has a crap load of better stats is ranked as a 2 in his district the guy with a 1 ranking wins over him.

Just be happy the newspaper (RT and BDT) posted the Region IV team. To my knowledge the Bristol paper didn't post SWD or Region IV.

Bottom line, no doubt Graham had a few good players, but so did all the other teams in SWD and River Ridge. Overall I think most would agree that the RR was a tougher district; therefore, I think more players should have come out of that District.

When the SWD team was picked and the kids that should have been there were not, I knew the Region IV team would be weird--and it was.

Its a done deal folks. Time to move on the b-ball or wrestling or swimming or something.

I have always felt that these All District and All Region teams should be picked to make a real team. Coaches should be given the task of selecting the players they feel would compliment each other and make the best TEAM since it's called the All SWD/Region Team. Then all the voting coaches names be placed in a hat and the one drawn be this team's head coach and the others can be assistance. Then the All SWD team could play the All River Ridge team or another district and then a Region team be picked from those players and a the regions could play a game --

I know my method would really add some weeks of football -- but it would also keep coaches honest and take some of the politics out of it -- if they were going to coach this team they would want the best players in each spot. Also if a player was selected that was possible not the most popular choice he or she could have an opportunity to prove they had deserved the honor.

I do congratulate those that were named to the team -- but I also realize that there are many talented athletes that were not given the credit they deserved.

Wow! You are really slow.

I'll try and break it down for you.

A football game is 4 qtrs. Not 2. (But maybe graham would have faired better than 5-7 is games were only 2 qtrs.)

It was 49-14 in that game when graham scored on richlands scrubs.

Graham scored 40+ several times??

Did you forget the scores of 55-12 and 42-0 to cave spring. Or the bluefiled score? or the richlands score?

I believe you got your teams mixed up. Graham was the team giving up 40+ a game.

Let me break this down 1st half richlands 14 cs 7 2nd half cs 28 richlands 7*with a touchdown called back. graham would have faired better if they didnt play a state champion and state semifinalist the first two games. guess they could have scheduled a lot of single a schools so they could win more games. But being slow seems to be a problem for a lot of people

This thread has been reduced to "potshots"..... however, some ppl will acknowledge the SWD getting so "many" players on the first team All Region offense was "surprising" but, it is time to move forward.

The "A" programs Richlands played this year....a state semi-finalist, Lebanon.

Richlands at Powell Valley (w/Pinkston playing), another "A" program that has a storied history and is certainly not a cupcake...in fact, one of the closer games this year for Richlands, 19-14.

Richlands at Gate City, another great, well respected program, where Richlands did have their only reg. season loss (10-7). GC also has on their resume this year a victory over a state champion.

As for Honaker, it is a game that will always be played just as the Graham/Bluefield game.

Time to move on folks....it's "lookin' ahead" to a new season for most of us.

Edited by trublue

Let me break this down 1st half richlands 14 cs 7 2nd half cs 28 richlands 7*with a touchdown called back. graham would have faired better if they didnt play a state champion and state semifinalist the first two games. guess they could have scheduled a lot of single a schools so they could win more games. But being slow seems to be a problem for a lot of people

Bad comparison.........Richlands had the ball down by seven with 2 minutes to go against Cave Spring. Graham was down by 35 against Richlands heading into the 4th quarter.

Guest quispbird

You got slow down to a science from reading your posts.

Did you have a crystal ball that said bluefield was a state champ in week 1? lmao. And btw, it was a BLOWOUT. Can't even keep up with your biggest rival.

And yes, your comparison of cave spring and richlands is rather comical when you look at the scores when graham played them. 55-12 and 42-0. Ouch! That still has to hurt!

Edited by quispbird

You got slow down to a science from reading your posts.

Did you have a crystal ball that said bluefield was a state champ in week 1? lmao. And btw, it was a BLOWOUT. Can't even keep up with your biggest rival.

And yes, your comparison of cave spring and richlands is rather comical when you look at the scores when graham played them. 55-12 and 42-0. Ouch! That still has to hurt!

Yes without a doubt cs beat graham badly don't really care. Comical comparison maybe but when the td was called back against cs it would have made it 35-14 tack the last one on it's 42-21. The most comical thing is cs had almost 500 yards in the game. Would have had 600 had two penalties not occurred on two huge gains. Comedy is four first team on d giving up those kind of numbers. Btw the funniest thing of all was mentioned on the radio cs top two players (two way starters) were injured and didn't play at all. Good thing they didn't but hey that's comedy for ya. You gave up 35 to their 18 best and could have easily been 42. Might have been more had they played but you know it's a bad comparison since you gave up 35 and graham gave up 42 a week before when they had all their players.

Guest quispbird

lmao.

damn son were you at the game?? You got some great make believe stats btw.

one more time, the score was 21-21 with about 5 minutes left in the game.

hell, it could have been 108-21 if they had scored 14 more td's by your calculations.

you name the 42-0 stomping graham took but left the 55-12 arse whoopin completely out of the mix. Nice spin numnuts!

lmao.

damn son were you at the game?? You got some great make believe stats btw.

one more time, the score was 21-21 with about 5 minutes left in the game.

hell, it could have been 108-21 if they had scored 14 more td's by your calculations.

you name the 42-0 stomping graham took but left the 55-12 arse whoopin completely out of the mix. Nice spin numnuts!

The bristol paper must be making up fake stats around 480 yards worth. It must have been an illusion that a td was called back. Upon further research it was two all-region kids who started both ways for CS not playing that must have been an illusion. It was said "to be the man you gotta beat the man" Let me ask you this, who is the man in region four this year? Don't think too long either. Damn son you got their 9 best and they still won. If they spotted you one more two way starter you might have gotten them.

The bristol paper must be making up fake stats around 480 yards worth. It must have been an illusion that a td was called back. Upon further research it was two all-region kids who started both ways for CS not playing that must have been an illusion. It was said "to be the man you gotta beat the man" Let me ask you this, who is the man in region four this year? Don't think too long either. Damn son you got their 9 best and they still won. If they spotted you one more two way starter you might have gotten them.

No doubt, there were far too many SWD players (including kids from Richlands) making the first team all-region team. I have no idea how the River Ridge coaches allowed that to happen. That being said, Graham placing 4 on the first team offense is preposterous.

As far as your comments about Richlands, they made it further than any other SWD team and were playing only 3 seniors.

No doubt, there were far too many SWD players (including kids from Richlands) making the first team all-region team. I have no idea how the River Ridge coaches allowed that to happen. That being said, Graham placing 4 on the first team offense is preposterous.

As far as your comments about Richlands, they made it further than any other SWD team and were playing only 3 seniors.

I am not trying to badmouth richlands. i have nothing but respect for richlands and what they do as a program. They have great players, tremendous coaches and will definitely be in contention for a state crown. You have some people who cant have a mature discussion without being insulting.

I am just now reading this thread and trying to gather as much info as possible with all the bricking. So this team is comprised of players from all teams in Region 4 including the likes of Cave Spring Hidden Valley, Salem, C'burg, etc? If so, then how the heck did the SWD get so many kids on the first teams ahead of the players from those schools?

Best clip I've found of game. Check Cody's runs, the long run by Austin, and wide open pass to Thomas.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11572064

Game could have very easy went the other way. Take away some penlites in Cave's first drive to score. Take away a turnover.

Cave's last score came with a minute left and really feel Richlands was expecting the QB to take knee and run clock since they had four downs, but he wanted more. That score accounted for about 80 of those yards.

By the way. Did anybody present at the game here or see a real whistle on our side. Felt like that ref got mad at being whistled at and started hunting penlites in the piles.

Best clip I've found of game. Check Cody's runs, the long run by Austin, and wide open pass to Thomas.

Game could have very easy went the other way. Take away some penlites in Cave's first drive to score. Take away a turnover.

Cave's last score came with a minute left and really feel Richlands was expecting the QB to take knee and run clock since they had four downs, but he wanted more. That score accounted for about 80 of those yards.

By the way. Did anybody present at the game here or see a real whistle on our side. Felt like that ref got mad at being whistled at and started hunting penlites in the piles.

Something else interesting found while digging around. The Barbar twins came thru Cave.

I never heard or saw a whistle.