Bluefield Basketball

phatbeaver

I'm curious to see how they do this season. A fan of another school wrote on WVP they saw them scrimmage (Parkersburg) South and that Bluefield looked good. According to the individual, Bluefield was athletic, had shooters, and good size. Of course, these were observations from a single scrimmage. The season tip-offs on Tuesday night @ Graham.

I'm curious to see how they do this season. A fan of another school wrote on WVP they saw them scrimmage (Parkersburg) South and that Bluefield looked good. According to the individual, Bluefield was athletic, had shooters, and good size. Of course, these were observations from a single scrimmage. The season tip-offs on Tuesday night @ Graham.

That game has been moved to Monday, December 21st...according to the BDT...

while logan is always tough I just dont see the young Beavers laying down and taking a beating. i expect this team will be full of heart and hustle. There has been a few staff changes and i am sure that some of those will equate to a different mindset and positive influences for the team. I plan to get my phat @$$ out there and support this year. I missed quite a few last year, However I have a renewed energy this year. Hope to see you all out there raisin' sand in da stands..... Go Beaver!

Bluefield is without a doubt in the toughest region in AA. I watched them against a good, athletic St. Albans team in a scrimmage. They looked good at times and lost at times, but it was there first scrimmage of the year. I think by the time they get there football players in basketball shape and Joe gets more used to playing with them, they will be fine. This team will have the most size that Bluefield has had in many years. I look for them to be a factor by years end and possibly a trip back to Charleston.

There's no doubt, Bluefield's toughest competition comes from within it's own region with Oak Hill and Wyoming East. Both of those teams do have question marks though. The question for Oak Hill is can they play to their ability each and every night? Talent-wise, Oak Hill is head and shoulders above everyone else in "AA," but will that translate on the court? They have a couple of kids receiving serious D-1 interest including a sophomore.

The question for Wyoming East is how will the new coach fair? Coaching at the high school level is so very important, just ask Bluefield, Westside, and Beckley. None of those schools have been as good, especially Bluefield and Westside since their coaching legends (Gaither, Barksdale, and Hopkins) left. The new coach may be able to continue the excellence, then again he may not.