Jv boys in the swd

blow_tornado_dog

Tazewell's JV had no trouble with Twin Valley's beating them bad early, they also almost beat Oak Hill at oak hill last night..lost 45 39 from what i heard they were winning going into the 4th

Which Oak Hill team are we talking about? they've got about 3..... if it was their 3rd team...I wouldn't be too excited...

Which Oak Hill team are we talking about? they've got about 3..... if it was their 3rd team...I wouldn't be too excited...

it was their 3rd but theyve gotta be atleast decent to make an Oak Hill team. plus u think if a team from around here played the gold or red it would even be close?

it was their 3rd but theyve gotta be atleast decent to make an Oak Hill team. plus u think if a team from around here played the gold or red it would even be close?

No, the 3rd team is made up of the "regular" students that go there for the education...the 2nd team is the group of kids that go there for athletics but aren't good enough to play for the 1st team, which is the group that gets "recruited" to go there and end up going D-1/NBA...

When Ahmad was a senior, Graham did play the Red team...played them very close but lost none the less...80-74...

When Ahmad was a senior, Graham did play the Red team...played them very close but lost none the less...80-74...

When Dexter Moore was a senior, Bluefield lost in OT to the Red team 80-79... Oak Hill Academy had a kid who started off on the Gold team, but was playing down on the Red team because of attitude problems, if I recall correctly. He's currently on UNLV's roster.

http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/mitchell_deshawn00.html

EDIT: Didn't notice that was the 2008-2009 UNLV roster. Looks like he's transferred to Rider.

http://www.gobroncs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=96746&SPID=11878&DB_OEM_ID=20200&ATCLID=3744096&Q_SEASON=2009

Edited by hokie07

The year Twin Valley went to the state finals they played Oak Hill Red. Twin Valley won 90-40 at Twin Valley. I was there for that game.

That was the "3rd team" not the Red Team...they typically take the "3rd team" to play public high schools unless they know how good the public high school team actually is. I'm pretty sure they played twice that season and OH played the actual "Red" team and beat TV fairly easily...

No, the 3rd team is made up of the "regular" students that go there for the education...the 2nd team is the group of kids that go there for athletics but aren't good enough to play for the 1st team, which is the group that gets "recruited" to go there and end up going D-1/NBA...

Exactly....the 3rd team is nothing special...just another team.........Floyd County's J.V. beat them a few years back and that was the only game floyd county won all year..(maybe I'm wrong...they may have won 1 or 2 more, but I don't remember any other wins).

Twin Valley did beat the Red team by about 40 some at Twin Valley that year. When they played the Red team at Oak Hill, Twin Valley lost by 2 in OT. I just looked it up online.

no way, plus when we played Oak Hill i talked to a student there who said the actual ''red'' team travels with the gold team. so technically theres 4 teams

Twin Valley DID beat Oak Hill RED by 40 that year. Witnessed it myself. And YES it was the RED team. Not the 3rd team.

Yes, it was the Red team...but it was the benchwarmers for the Red Team...the subs, the 2nd/3rd teamers of the Red team...

Yes, it was the Red team...but it was the benchwarmers for the Red Team...the subs, the 2nd/3rd teamers of the Red team...

your right. if it was the actual red team who is good then TV couldnt beat them by 40

There is only 3 teams at Oak Hill. The 3rd team is the JV team. They consist of att 9th and 10th graders. The Red team is the actual high school varsity team. They are the 11th and 12th graders. Then there is the Gold team who are the players who try out for the team. They are not recruited they call the school to set up try outs. Red team is good this year but they have their years where they are not that good.

There is only 3 teams at Oak Hill. The 3rd team is the JV team. They consist of att 9th and 10th graders. The Red team is the actual high school varsity team. They are the 11th and 12th graders. Then there is the Gold team who are the players who try out for the team. They are not recruited they call the school to set up try outs. Red team is good this year but they have their years where they are not that good.

its a high school academy the gold team is still 11th and 12th graders

The Red team really has two different "squads"...the "starters" that play the tougher schools on their schedule and the "backups" who play the smaller, weaker schools on their schedule...I promise, this is fact, I'm not just making it up...

I am real good friends with the Red team head coach and I have been to a couple of there games and it is only one team. They go around playing local high schools like Graham, Tazewell, and Twin Valley. They do play in some over the weekend tournaments but they mostly just play high schools. There is only 3 teams JV Red and Gold.

I am real good friends with the Red team head coach and I have been to a couple of there games and it is only one team. They go around playing local high schools like Graham, Tazewell, and Twin Valley. They do play in some over the weekend tournaments but they mostly just play high schools. There is only 3 teams JV Red and Gold.

whatever