Power Bill? How much is yours?

Lance

Are they going to refund this estimated crap once they figure out what the bill should be.

Supposed to, like they did a couple years back and deduct it from your bill....still getting rippped a new one any way you turn....

Let's see 2009 was a great year for me....no pay increase....health insurance up by 14%....energy costs up about 20 %.....gas continuing to skyrocket (long drive)..my whole family got the swine flu....

Guess I can be thankful that my wife and I both work....and haven't went belly up yet...

Glad to see 2010....though not looking much better.

Yeah, APCO could not have picked a worse time for a rate increase. Our bill is 350 per month now. We turned our heat pump back to 64 degrees but during this cold snap, it has not gone off. Scary to think what next month will be.

they're a bunch of heartless "bastages"....(johnny dangerously)

same goes for the insurance companies and banks....

They'll all rake in record profits while the rest of us toil away......

Edited by futbolking

Supposed to, like they did a couple years back and deduct it from your bill....still getting rippped a new one any way you turn....

Let's see 2009 was a great year for me....no pay increase....health insurance up by 14%....energy costs up about 20 %.....gas continuing to skyrocket (long drive)..my whole family got the swine flu....

Guess I can be thankful that my wife and I both work....and haven't went belly up yet...

Glad to see 2010....though not looking much better.

Yeah but the federal government says the cost of living didn't go up this year so people like my parents who worked hard all these years to finally retire don't get a raise on their social security this year. The first time in 35 years there isn't an increase. I have met no one who can tell me that their cost of living didn't raise this year.

cost of living for everyone goes up any time they raise min. wage....if you are making $15 an hour and min wage goes from $5.25 to $7.25 you think that you will get a raise to $17 an hour? fat chance.

Yeah but the federal government says the cost of living didn't go up this year so people like my parents who worked hard all these years to finally retire don't get a raise on their social security this year. The first time in 35 years there isn't an increase. I have met no one who can tell me that their cost of living didn't raise this year.

Probably won't have any SS by the time I retire....and my employer wants to slash retirement benefits drastically....yahoo!!

Working doesn't pay off......lay around on your behind taking drugs and claim to be disabled...and everything will be handed to you for free...no worries.

My grandfather installed a wood-burning heater into his home to supplement his power intake. His furnace has run for 25 MINUTES in the past month. Not coincidentally, his power bill is now $94 for his whole house. He just has to get tons of wood for it now...

Mine is $130. But my house in PA is less than 1000 SF.

My grandfather installed a wood-burning heater into his home to supplement his power intake. His furnace has run for 25 MINUTES in the past month. Not coincidentally, his power bill is now $94 for his whole house. He just has to get tons of wood for it now...

Mine is $130. But my house in PA is less than 1000 SF.

I think Natural gas is about the cheapest alternative nowadays.

I think Natural gas is about the cheapest alternative nowadays.

What my fiancee has in Lynchburg, and she loves it.

We have nothing but acres and acres of forest surrounding my grandfather's land. Might as well take advantage of downed trees. And there are lots of people donating wood, if you know where to look. Can't beat free.

when i get a home of my own and graduate from the apartment scene, i am getting some sort of wood/coal burning heater as well...if possible. I love those things anyway...lol. Also would like to get some sort of solar thing going (small scale) and have a small deisel generator as a backup...storm cellar would be nice too as we get the occasional tornado (non-blue type) that blows thru.

when i get a home of my own and graduate from the apartment scene, i am getting some sort of wood/coal burning heater as well...if possible. I love those things anyway...lol. Also would like to get some sort of solar thing going (small scale) and have a small deisel generator as a backup...storm cellar would be nice too as we get the occasional tornado (non-blue type) that blows thru.

Make sure you take advantage of all the insultlating you can do, at least R-30 cealing, thermal windows, etc, etc. plus energy efficency rated items. If geothermal heat pumps get affordable will be looking at prices next one I need. My bill last month was $130, total electric.

That's a good idea Lance. I've been using a Buck stove in my home for the past 20 years, it heats at least 50 % of my home. As I type this my den is 75 degrees. Can't be afraid of work.

I cut' split, and stack my self. Then you have deal with the mess as your burning. But seeing what some of these guys are paying to stay not near as warm as I am It's worth it. I have no idea what our heat pump/gas bill runs. My wife pays them.

Make sure you take advantage of all the insulating you can do,

Unbelievable the difference between good insulation and bad. Last year when we remodeled our kitchen, we also remodeled the den. The den was an expansion built off the back of our house about 30 years ago...has always been the coldest room in the winter and hottest room in the summer. When they "gutted" it, there was very little insulation at all. We had them put in the best insulation possible for that room. Its been a huge difference! This winter the room has stayed nice and warm without raising the thermostat and without having added any additional heat source to it. Now, we need to re-insulate the rest of the house...

Guest JJBrickface

My bill was $116 and I jack my heat up because I can't stand being even a little bit cold. However I do live alone and travel on occassion, I try to keep most appliances unplugged if they are not in use. My parents bill ran close to $400 this month and my uncles bill was approximately $350.

Last year I had a couple of $600 electric bills, had new heat pump put in and it was $400 last month. I was talking to a friend that has an oil furnace and he purchased a wood furnace from Northern Tool $999.00 to supplement his heating. He said he only purchased 150 gal of oil last year. It sets beside his oil furnace and ties into the trunk of it.

• 3 weeks later...

They just approved AEP another "surcharge" the other day...so get ready for it to go up some more next month....I'm just wondering how high it has to go to get peoples attention and someone puts an end to it.