Graham trio inks on dotted line

tbgfan

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_034235147.html

Congratulations to all three young men, Alex Marrs, Nathan Sturniolo and Darius Carper.

May you go in God's grace, walking with humility, never letting your talent be your legacy, but your character.

Proverbs 18:16 - "A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men."

Life has many choices---eternity two

Congrats to these guys... May their lives be blessed with knew knowledge both on the field of play and in the classroom. BDT released the names of of a number of local and regional players that will be attending good 'ole Concord U. This is truly a blessing folks to have these young men stay here in the area and get an education/ expand their football careers. i pray that all of them are successful.

Jake and Marcus will still be together after all.... these two young men has played football together since they wore huggies...... I also see that the very talented Jake Rollo from Sherman was on that list.... Wouldnt it be nice to see Concord grab a national title in the years to come with Graham, Bluefield, and other components..... I plan to be in attendence as much as possible and support all of these young men.

I'm sorry, but i can't sit back and take this any longer. Can anyone not see what is going on???

TJ Marrs-University of Tennessee

Alex Marrs-University of North Carolina

David Marrs- Deciding between 3 D-1 schools as an "athlete"

Now out of all of the athletes that have come from Graham which ones are playing Division 1 football?? What about names like T.J Carper and Steven Brown? George Damon or Josh Broyles to point out a few, well they all ended up at Division III schools and IMO they all had a lot more talent then these 3 boys and dont get me wrong im happy for them, but they are not divison 1 talent and it kills me to see someone get an oppurtunity that they don't deserve when some deserving young man that works very hard and has talent doesn't get the shot. But i guess thats why im sitting at a computer and not recruting but i think that these colleges will soon see what Doug has sent them. Anyways congrats to these 3 young men along with Marcus and Jake

I'm sorry, but i can't sit back and take this any longer. Can anyone not see what is going on???

Now out of all of the athletes that have come from Graham which ones are playing Division 1 football?? What about names like T.J Carper and Steven Brown? George Damon or Josh Broyles to point out a few, well they all ended up at Division III schools and IMO they all had a lot more talent then these 3 boys and dont get me wrong im happy for them, but they are not divison 1 talent and it kills me to see someone get an oppurtunity that they don't deserve when some deserving young man that works very hard and has talent doesn't get the shot. But i guess thats why im sitting at a computer and not recruting but i think that these colleges will soon see what Doug has sent them. Anyways congrats to these 3 young men along with Marcus and Jake

Jealous much???? :D

tj carper/robert henry are at marshall. george damon never played college football. josh broyles chose to go to ferrum and sustained an injury. steve brown chose to go to E&H but he hurt himself in the classroom, but he was doing well at E&H. maybe these players choose to go D-II and D-III because of reasons outside of football. Coach Marrs has done more for getting his players to college than any other in the area, not to mention he assisted jake lilly in getting his highlight tape sent out, and the kicker from virginia high. every player from graham that has gone D-I either finished his career or has committed themself and stayed with it. the names you mentioned in damon, broyles, and brown, no longer play football. D-I is about committment as well as a love for the game. darius carper and torren byrd both had marshall's attention, darius took a full-scholarship at D-II which is very great for him and was also HIS decision. and torren is deciding between carson-newman (very good D-II school) and marshall. stop looking at the last name and judging.

The choice a young man makes about college and football is a tough one. Do I stay close to home. Am I interested in playing D1 no matter what and willing, able and afford to do the invited walk-on thing. How far away am I willing to go for a shot to play.

No matter what route a young man chooses, there is still a lot of hard work, and luck involved in making a successfull college career.

To all of you who are getting the chance to pursue your dream, keep working and make sure that you get the education as well.

if all that is the case then Doug has fed you all a ton of lies. I've seen the things he's done because i was there.

1. After Will Cole transferred from Graham Doug got 3 letters from colleges for Will and threw them away. I watched him do it. So how and why would he help Jake?

2. Josh Broyles got letters from VMI, the last letter he got was stating that they never recieved a highlight film from Doug, when Josh went to ask Doug where it was it was used to prop up the projector in the team room.

3. Last year i quit 2 games before the end of the season, because of comments Doug made to me for helping my dad after his heart attack. After i quit he gave me an F in his class, i had to transfer out and start all over. To this day Doug will not talk to me or look at me

I understand that some players may be better off going to smaller schools but, Doug sent TJ to Ferrum, he had to work his butt of to get to Marshall, the same with Rob but yet his family has all in some way had a straight shot to D-1 schools

if all that is the case then Doug has fed you all a ton of lies. I've seen the things he's done because i was there.

1. After Will Cole transferred from Graham Doug got 3 letters from colleges for Will and threw them away. I watched him do it. So how and why would he help Jake?

2. Josh Broyles got letters from VMI, the last letter he got was stating that they never recieved a highlight film from Doug, when Josh went to ask Doug where it was it was used to prop up the projector in the team room.

3. Last year i quit 2 games before the end of the season, because of comments Doug made to me for helping my dad after his heart attack. After i quit he gave me an F in his class, i had to transfer out and start all over. To this day Doug will not talk to me or look at me

I understand that some players may be better off going to smaller schools but, Doug sent TJ to Ferrum, he had to work his butt of to get to Marshall, the same with Rob but yet his family has all in some way had a straight shot to D-1 schools

what happened with rob henry? didn't he have to wait a year before he could go to marshall?

okay here's my 3

1. Sounds to me that you have a grudge against Doug. Which is making you have a biased opinion of him.

2. It doesn't matter where josh went one concussion anywhere and his football was over which unfortunately is what happend at ferrum.

3. The way will quit was wrong randomly walking into the coaches office coach im going to bluefield. No loayalty but obviously it was the best decision for him look where he is

As for T.J. he had a walk on to Marshall and Richmond out of highschool

Now we all know nobody's perfect but it was these players decision nobody forced them to go anywhere Coach Marrs does a good job getting players to the next level he's put 5 through this season alone and 4 of them had D1 walk on offers so.....you tell me what other school in the districts done that.

okay here's my 3

1. Sounds to me that you have a grudge against Doug. Which is making you have a biased opinion of him.

2. It doesn't matter where josh went one concussion anywhere and his football was over which unfortunately is what happend at ferrum.

3. The way will quit was wrong randomly walking into the coaches office coach im going to bluefield. No loayalty but obviously it was the best decision for him look where he is

As for T.J. he had a walk on to Marshall and Richmond out of highschool

Now we all know nobody's perfect but it was these players decision nobody forced them to go anywhere Coach Marrs does a good job getting players to the next level he's put 5 through this season alone and 4 of them had D1 walk on offers so.....you tell me what other school in the districts done that.

I myself do have a grudge against Doug, I played for him and i know personally how things are, and so do a lot of other people from around this area. Don't you recall a petition being signed by a ton of people to remove Doug from Graham High School? But not even Va High wanted him (not talking bad about Va High's program) the point im trying to make is that yes Doug has sent many players to college, but as i said for the most part out of the past players that are now playing D-1 football, most of them had to fight themSELVES to that school, yes Doug got them to Ferrum or Emory and Henry but thats it, but he sent TJ to Tennessee without question, he's now sending Alex to UNC and i guess we'll just have to wait and see where David goes. I'm happy that these 3 are going on to better themselves but they don't deserve to be playing football at a D-1 school and its not like the coaches can see that because theyre going as long snappers and punters. If they had earned what they are getting i would never say anything but it kills me to see this. and by the way, Will didn't just walk into coaches office and say bye, he weighed his options, he betterd himself by going to a program that would use his skills, and yes look at where its gotten him, a state ring and a bowl ring, not to mention he went into Dougs office like a man and told him that he would be transferring and Doug said we don't need you.

Dang, AJ, thought we were friends.

I guess things have changed, huh ?

You have a problem with Doug , fine. I'm going to politely ask you to stop bringing me into these conversations

TJ

No offense to anybody....but I would do anything in my power to help my family get the best education possible, as well. I see nothing wrong with it.

If some of these other guys wanted to go the extra mile to get the attention of more colleges...then they should've taken it upon themselves to request more effort on their behalf (or their families could've stepped up and asked for more help). Why leave your future in the hands of somebody else? If you want it...go after it.

Obviously these Universities have some say as to who they allow on their football team. They obviously see talent in all 3 of these young men....u have got to be kidding me if you think a D-1 school is going to take players...without thoroughly investigating their talent.a

All 3 are outstanding young men on and off the field. Other players from Graham have played D-1. You can't expect a school the size of Graham High School to be producing tons of D-1 Talent...Also, these 3 play very specialized positions and that has something to do with it as well.

What are some of you people thinking??? Do you think GHS is a school full of 4 star talent??? Heck...1 star talent???

Get over it...these 3 young men had the TALENT and the foresight to do well at a position that would get them an offer.

To question why they received an offer is just ridiculous...and the most recent....David Marrs can punt the ball out of the stadium....Not to downplay the rest of the team..but...without him last year, I would question if Graham would've won any games at all, but that's just my opinion, not trying to rile anybody up.

Please everybody do us all a big favor and quit questioning whether these guys deserve a chance...they all do.

Edited by futbolking

I myself do have a grudge against Doug, I played for him and i know personally how things are, and so do a lot of other people from around this area. Don't you recall a petition being signed by a ton of people to remove Doug from Graham High School? But not even Va High wanted him (not talking bad about Va High's program) the point im trying to make is that yes Doug has sent many players to college, but as i said for the most part out of the past players that are now playing D-1 football, most of them had to fight themSELVES to that school, yes Doug got them to Ferrum or Emory and Henry but thats it, but he sent TJ to Tennessee without question, he's now sending Alex to UNC and i guess we'll just have to wait and see where David goes. I'm happy that these 3 are going on to better themselves but they don't deserve to be playing football at a D-1 school and its not like the coaches can see that because theyre going as long snappers and punters. If they had earned what they are getting i would never say anything but it kills me to see this. and by the way, Will didn't just walk into coaches office and say bye, he weighed his options, he betterd himself by going to a program that would use his skills, and yes look at where its gotten him, a state ring and a bowl ring, not to mention he went into Dougs office like a man and told him that he would be transferring and Doug said we don't need you.

AJ shut up all you do is bit** and complain bout how Coach Marrs treated you bad you couldnt take the yelling you never could. No one signed a Da** petition. Coach Marrs didnt want to go because his son wasnt bout to play at a new school his senior year. o please crawl out of will's butt while your at it. and just quit talkin crap because you have no info to back up your complaints just save us all the trouble and quit please

AJ shut up all you do is bit** and complain bout how Coach Marrs treated you bad you couldnt take the yelling you never could. No one signed a Da** petition. Coach Marrs didnt want to go because his son wasnt bout to play at a new school his senior year. o please crawl out of will's butt while your at it. and just quit talkin crap because you have no info to back up your complaints just save us all the trouble and quit please

Hahaha Alex i didn't want to bring this up because its none of anyones business but since you've called me out here goes. The reason i quit is because my dad had a heart attack, my family has a farm with 10 horses on it, in Falls Mills, I missed practice on day because someone wrecked into our fence and our horses got out, the next day i come into school where Doug usually stands every morning, as i walked by he stopped me and asked where i was i told him exactly where i was and his exact quote was " If you want to be a fu**ing farmer then be a fu**ing farmer and get the hell out of here" now i was only helping my dad who just had a heart attack, he wasn't allowed to do any heavy lifting, so i never came back to practice, then Alex your dad being the man he is fails me in his class that i've had an A-B in all year. But the thing that really just pissed me off about the whole thing is that my dad ( which i got in trouble for helping) Fund Raised a Harley ride for the football team to raise money,my dad also was on the boosters helping raise money, he often left straight from work to come help out and thats how your dad treats people?? To be honest Alex i could give a damn less what you or Doug do with the rest of your lives, but you should really check into things before you say stuff. And im not up Will's butt, just a good friend, you should get some it might help with your denial