Found this to be interesting....

Lance

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/20/conservatives.meeting/index.html?hpt=T2

I would vote for Ron Paul/Romney or Ron Paul/Huckabee

If the Republicans have one ounce of common sense that is who they will run in 2012...if they put up Gingrich, Palin, McCain, or any of the rest of the "front runners"....they are going to go down again.

Paul has a lot of what I think are great ideas...he is a very common sense sort of guy...I think the country would do very well under him and I think Huckabee would be my first choice as a running mate, but I could live with Romney...I'm not sure the GOP could handle both Paul and Huckabee in the same year, it would hurt too many feelings...lol.

The rest are just idiots as far as I'm concerned...I would rather see Bush back in than Palin, Gingrich, or McCain...I can not even stand to look at Gingrich.

The Democrats, at this point...I'm not impressed with...I like Obama a lot...I think he is a good guy and I'd vote for him again in a heartbeat...however, I hate Nacy Pelosi...if they don't get rid of her and get rid or her fast, then she is going to be the one that sinks the ship for the Dems in 2012...i don't know of one person who likes Pelosi.

I think that one thing Pelosi is good for, is throwing her under the bus...if you get rid of her and put someone in there that can actually get something done...then you might convince enough people in the USA to not "punish" Obama for Pelosi being a Dem...plus it would give some impression that they are actually doing something and trying to head in the right direction. I don't think it will happen though...I think they ride the Pelosi train right down the drain.

Republicans should really be spending this time trying to get a game plan together and worry about internal issues...honestly though, i don't think they are smart enough to do any of this on either side...so, who knows what will happen.

If Ron Paul is anywhere on the Republican ticket in 2012, I will vote whatever stiff the Constitution Party throws out there. Or, I will write my own name in. Paul is nothing more than a rabid Libertarian running as a Republican, and if you don't know the Libertarian stance on social/foreign policy matters, do yourself a favor and look it up. Appalling is the word I'd use for it. Paul's own constituents don't even like him (and yes, I know some, from both UVA and PSU).

A Ron Paul/Mike Huckabee ticket would get ANNIHILATED by the Democrats in 2012. As laughably terrible as Obama has been, the media would go into "there's-no-way-these-two-are-getting-elected" mode, and seal up a second term for Obama.

If Ron Paul is anywhere on the Republican ticket in 2012, I will vote whatever stiff the Constitution Party throws out there. Or, I will write my own name in. Paul is nothing more than a rabid Libertarian running as a Republican, and if you don't know the Libertarian stance on social/foreign policy matters, do yourself a favor and look it up. Appalling is the word I'd use for it. Paul's own constituents don't even like him (and yes, I know some, from both UVA and PSU).

A Ron Paul/Mike Huckabee ticket would get ANNIHILATED by the Democrats in 2012. As laughably terrible as Obama has been, the media would go into "there's-no-way-these-two-are-getting-elected" mode, and seal up a second term for Obama.

couldn't disagree more.

Guest JJBrickface
couldn't disagree more.

He is absolutely right.

The liberal media will NEVER let that ticket win. Ron Paul has made some very controversial comments in his career, and the media will unleash that on him.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/20/conservatives.meeting/index.html?hpt=T2

I would vote for Ron Paul/Romney or Ron Paul/Huckabee

If the Republicans have one ounce of common sense that is who they will run in 2012...if they put up Gingrich, Palin, McCain, or any of the rest of the "front runners"....they are going to go down again.

Paul has a lot of what I think are great ideas...he is a very common sense sort of guy...I think the country would do very well under him and I think Huckabee would be my first choice as a running mate, but I could live with Romney...I'm not sure the GOP could handle both Paul and Huckabee in the same year, it would hurt too many feelings...lol.

The rest are just idiots as far as I'm concerned...I would rather see Bush back in than Palin, Gingrich, or McCain...I can not even stand to look at Gingrich.

The Democrats, at this point...I'm not impressed with...I like Obama a lot...I think he is a good guy and I'd vote for him again in a heartbeat...however, I hate Nacy Pelosi...if they don't get rid of her and get rid or her fast, then she is going to be the one that sinks the ship for the Dems in 2012...i don't know of one person who likes Pelosi.

I think that one thing Pelosi is good for, is throwing her under the bus...if you get rid of her and put someone in there that can actually get something done...then you might convince enough people in the USA to not "punish" Obama for Pelosi being a Dem...plus it would give some impression that they are actually doing something and trying to head in the right direction. I don't think it will happen though...I think they ride the Pelosi train right down the drain.

Republicans should really be spending this time trying to get a game plan together and worry about internal issues...honestly though, i don't think they are smart enough to do any of this on either side...so, who knows what will happen.

"But Paul's victory might be seen, in part, as a result of his support among anti-establishment Tea Party activists -- who turned out in force at this year's conference and expressed some frustration with the Republican Party.

Reflecting the college atmosphere of the annual event, young people dominated the voting: 54 percent of participants were between the ages of 18 and 25".

Paul will never get the vote of the over 25 voters. He's too off the wall. He supports some extremely liberal issues, one being the legalization of marijuana making an irresponsible statement recently that marijuana doesn't impair an individual from being able to operate a motor vehicle. He also supports the termination of federal income tax. Now how in the world are you going to do that? It's an appealing idea, I'll admit, but it will never happen. He's out of touch with reality. We'll see what happens, but I don't feel he will ever become a serious front runner.

Ron Paul has some good ideas, and doesn't seem to be in the pocket of special interests. That will mean he will run a good race and be done in by the GOP power structure and special interests. It is the same circumstance for the Dems.

You're also a Democrat, hence any ticket involving Ron Paul would be in your best interests...

So, you're not exactly impartial here.

I'm not a democrat by a long shot...lol. I vote for whoever I think will be the best for the job regardless of what party they are from...to do anything otherwise to me seems ignorant...why vote for a person just because he is a dem or a rep?

If I had my way Huckabee would be President right now lol...but, sadly he didn't make it to the big dance, and no way I was going to vote for McCain/Palin...so, that left me with one choice. Prior to that I voted for Bush over Gore and Bush over Kerry....before that Clinton...so I guess that makes me a Democrat lmao.

I only wish I was half as smart as you think you are.

I'm not a democrat by a long shot...lol. I vote for whoever I think will be the best for the job regardless of what party they are from...to do anything otherwise to me seems ignorant...why vote for a person just because he is a dem or a rep?

If I had my way Huckabee would be President right now lol...but, sadly he didn't make it to the big dance, and no way I was going to vote for McCain/Palin...so, that left me with one choice. Prior to that I voted for Bush over Gore and Bush over Kerry....before that Clinton...so I guess that makes me a Democrat lmao.

I only wish I was half as smart as you think you are.

Would it be fair to say that more often than not, you've taken the left-leaning stance on this board? It would be reasonable for one to assume that you vote Democrat more often than not, given your stated ideology. And nice little personal jab, too. Ad hominem attacks get you nowhere, and just decrease the veracity of your claims.

Would it be fair to say that more often than not, you've taken the left-leaning stance on this board? It would be reasonable for one to assume that you vote Democrat more often than not, given your stated ideology. And nice little personal jab, too. Ad hominem attacks get you nowhere, and just decrease the veracity of your claims.

once again, and i'll type slower for you this time....I vote for whatever or whoever I think is the best for the job...I have no party affiliation at all...i despise the current two party system and I don't really care for the "tea party" either, as that seems to be where the Republicans ran to with their tail between their legs when the crap hit the fan.

As for you, well...you are just the forum know-it-all...lol...so, don't get surprised when I call that as I see it either...but, to be fair about it...I respect your opinion on a lot of things, not all, and I have asked for your opinion on many things over the years...I just don't think you are the expert on everything...but, who is? Alex Trebek maybe? lol.

Ron Paul makes several great points, however his Libertarian stance on foreign policy is a little bit to hard for most folks. Likewise, his position on border control is also hard for many folks.

I do believe however that a PROGRESSIVE LIBERTARIAN movement could be just the ticket, that America is looking for, it allows conservatives to agree on many issues while also allowing Christians an opportunity to not be forced to sacrifice on issues that are important to them. While at the same time, appealing to a large group of moderates.

Only time will tell, but I firmly believe that Paul lacks the charisma and appearance that our conditioned society has come to expect from a leader. It is indeed a sad state when how a man looks and how he speaks is more important than his leadership skills and his ideologies on how government should be ran.

Ron Paul makes several great points, however his Libertarian stance on foreign policy is a little bit to hard for most folks. Likewise, his position on border control is also hard for many folks.

I do believe however that a PROGRESSIVE LIBERTARIAN movement could be just the ticket, that America is looking for, it allows conservatives to agree on many issues while also allowing Christians an opportunity to not be forced to sacrifice on issues that are important to them. While at the same time, appealing to a large group of moderates.

Only time will tell, but I firmly believe that Paul lacks the charisma and appearance that our conditioned society has come to expect from a leader. It is indeed a sad state when how a man looks and how he speaks is more important than his leadership skills and his ideologies on how government should be ran.

I dont think America will elect Paul for mostly that reason...he is not very personable...he's rather dry, but speaks the truth...he would make a cabinate member somewhere in the right administration.

I don't agree with everything he wants to do...but I agree with a majority of what the man says, even if i don't really "like" it...he makes good valid points and logical deductions for the most part across the board.

I can tell you that Newt and Palin is not the answer...if you want to see the country go straight to hell, put either/or in charge. I don't really see anyone other than Paul and Huckabee in the Rep arena that I would feel good supporting at this point...they have some serious leadership issues and are starting to become two parties within one, almost three...you have your hardline republicans, the middle of the road, and then some that could just as well be Democrats...the Tea Party groupies within the Rep's think that is the answer, and it may help on a smaller scale to try to align with them...but at some point there is going to be backlash within the party which I think could cause a major split...which will make it hard to beat an egg at that point....I think they should tread lightly where they are starting to move towards.

I dont think America will elect Paul for mostly that reason...he is not very personable...he's rather dry, but speaks the truth...he would make a cabinate member somewhere in the right administration.

I don't agree with everything he wants to do...but I agree with a majority of what the man says, even if i don't really "like" it...he makes good valid points and logical deductions for the most part across the board.

I can tell you that Newt and Palin is not the answer...if you want to see the country go straight to hell, put either/or in charge. I don't really see anyone other than Paul and Huckabee in the Rep arena that I would feel good supporting at this point...they have some serious leadership issues and are starting to become two parties within one, almost three...you have your hardline republicans, the middle of the road, and then some that could just as well be Democrats...the Tea Party groupies within the Rep's think that is the answer, and it may help on a smaller scale to try to align with them...but at some point there is going to be backlash within the party which I think could cause a major split...which will make it hard to beat an egg at that point....I think they should tread lightly where they are starting to move towards.

what about scott brown for prez?

what about scott brown for prez?

He may have pissed in his Wheaties:

Scott Brown's 'tea party' fans feel burned by jobs vote

The new Massachusetts senator crosses the aisle to block a Republican filibuster on a $15-billion jobs bill. His supporters, who used the Internet to rally behind him, now turn on him.

February 23, 2010|By James Oliphant

Reporting from Washington — For Scott Brown, it appears that the "tea party" is over.

Literally overnight, the fledgling Republican senator who ended Democrats' filibuster-proof majority by winning a special election in Massachusetts has gone from being the darling of America's conservative activists to being their goat.

"Monday night, Brown announced that he would join four other Republicans in voting to block a GOP filibuster and move forward with a $15-billion jobs bill designed by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.).

Almost immediately, the political blogosphere exploded.

Cries of "letdown," "betrayal," "sellout," and "RINO" -- "Republican in name only" -- flew around Twitter. By late Tuesday afternoon, more than 4,200 people had left comments on Brown's Facebook page, most harshly negative. (And liberals engaged in some cyber-schadenfreude at the same time.)

Just five days earlier, Brown had been cheered loudly by conservative activists at a gathering in Washington. He was so warmly received that some in the crowd began suggesting he could be another Ronald Reagan and help usher in a new era of conservatism.

Tea party and other conservative activists felt particularly let down by Brown's Monday vote because many of them had poured money and manpower into his underdog bid to capture the Senate seat long occupied by liberal icon Edward M. Kennedy.

By Monday night, many of his Twitter followers had concluded that a White House run had become out of the question -- even as he entered Day 19 of his Senate tenure.

The fracas served as a reminder of how online grass-roots movements can be a double-edged sword. Brown took advantage of the Internet's exponential power to get the word out and raise money as he campaigned. On Monday, he faced its wrath in real time.

For his part, Brown has maintained since winning the Kennedy seat that his votes would reflect his diverse, liberal-leaning constituency.

Two other northeastern Republicans, Susan Collins and Olympia J. Snowe of Maine, also voted with the Democrats.

"I came to Washington to be an independent voice, to put politics aside, and to do everything in my power to help create jobs for Massachusetts families," Brown said in a statement after the vote. "This Senate jobs bill is not perfect. I wish the tax cuts were deeper and broader, but I voted for it because it contains measures that will help put people back to work."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/23/nation/la-na-scott-brown24-2010feb24

Its basically a bill full of tax cuts, something that every republican should have voted for. This is the perfect example of a good republican standing for the people, and a good example of how selfish the rest of them are, to vote against their own policies just to hurt the party in power.

Its basically a bill full of tax cuts, something that every republican should have voted for. This is the perfect example of a good republican standing for the people, and a good example of how selfish the rest of them are, to vote against their own policies just to hurt the party in power.

i agree.

Just like Ron Paul, there is no way that the media will allow either Newt or Palin to come within sniffing distance of the White House. And if the GOP runs them, it will ensure a Democratic victory in 2012. It's like the GOP is dead set on using the Democratic strategy of 2004, and we all know how that turned out.

Two words: Bobby Jindal. Book it.

Two words: Bobby Jindal. Book it.

This. As I've said since the election was over.

Bobby Jindal will get the nod for the 2012 Presidential Election, if he so chooses to accept it. He's young, he's smart, and he's not the "typical" Republican candidate. Oh, and he's ranked as one of the nation's most popular governors with a 77% approval rating.

His name was floating around as McCain's running mate in 2008, but McCain picked his own poison in choosing Palin. If McCain would've chosen Jindal then I am almost certain that Obama wouldn't have won in a landslide like he did.

My prediction: Jindal/Romney 2012.