Democrat Leadership

Guest JJBrickface

How does this loser still have a job???

I'm sure he meant that the fact the the job loss rate has decreased is what is good. Not the fact that 36,000 people lost their jobs. Another case of the spin that you all love putting on everything. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he meant that the fact the the job loss rate has decreased is what is good. Not the fact that 36,000 people lost their jobs. Another case of the spin that you all love putting on everything. :rolleyes:

exactly-good point!

Guest JJBrickface

I know what he was trying to say, and he was the one SPINNING it.

There is NOTHING good about 36,000 people losing jobs.

I know what he was trying to say, and he was the one SPINNING it.

There is NOTHING good about 36,000 people losing jobs.

Big deal that "only" 36,000 jobs were lost in February. Over the last few months, 584,000 jobs were lost in November, 500,000 were lost in December, 598,000 jobs were lost in January.

That's over 1.6 million jobs lost...gone...and won't be coming back in all likelihood...in just three months.

Maybe the reason "only" 36,000 jobs were lost is because there aren't nearly as many jobs to lose now...most are gone already. Its hard to take anything away from nothing.

Unemployment is still almost 10% according to the government...other factions indicate its more like 16%-17%.

Agreed! There is NOTHING good about losing 36,000 more jobs...

Big deal that "only" 36,000 jobs were lost in February. Over the last few months, 584,000 jobs were lost in November, 500,000 were lost in December, 598,000 jobs were lost in January.

That's over 1.6 million jobs lost...gone...and won't be coming back in all likelihood...in just three months.

Maybe the reason "only" 36,000 jobs were lost is because there aren't nearly as many jobs to lose now...most are gone already. Its hard to take anything away from nothing.

Unemployment is still almost 10% according to the government...other factions indicate its more like 16%-17%.

Agreed! There is NOTHING good about losing 36,000 more jobs...

Bingo!

first off the title of this thread needs to change "Democrat Leadership."

those two words are not meant to go together...

And the title "Republican Leadership" is any better? Are you friggin kidding me, Bush Started this mess and now Obama is finishing what Bush started. We are screwed any way we go with the government the way it is. No matter the party involved.

Just as our school system budget crisis, The "Democratic" Governor proposed a budget cut for our school systems, but now our "Republican" governor propsed an even larger cut than our previous one. And in Buchanan County alone is facing a possible shortage of $7 million this fiscal year. And are hoping that the board of supervisors will help fill that loss, when the Board is already spending more money every year to help them from falling short. And they are facing a budget crisis their self. We are loosing over $500,000 a year becasue of the county is not fully mapped for the tax boundaries from coal companies. And yet, we have the means to map the entire boundary of Buchanan County to do so, but we have "people" willing to spend $800,000 on a gym on popular gap that is mostly un-used. But for that exact amout could hire a consulting firm to map the county, and make that money back in a year and half, and then profit from it? No single party can fix this mess, but it will take everyone even "we" the people to fix this.

Edited by mapper

And the title "Republican Leadership" is any better? Are you friggin kidding me, Bush Started this mess and now Obama is finishing what Bush started. We are screwed any way we go with the government the way it is. No matter the party involved.

Bush didn't start anything...this has been going on since the Clinton administration. The fact is it's just now gotten to the point of no return. Bush was fighting something no president has ever had to fight before...a deliberate attack on U.S. soil by terrorists killing thousands of Americans. His main focus was to keep us safe after that attack, and history will show he did just that. Sure he could have made better decisions on the economy, but you can't blame this all on Bush. Obama has been in office now for over a year, and he has run up the national deficit more than any of his predecessors. Unemployment is staggering...10% is the most conservative estimate, and still rising. The inmates are running the asylum.

Listen, I'm not crazy about any of the choices we have in the Republican party, and I'm definitely not happy with this bunch in office now. I would like nothing more than to see someone who is not a professional politician come forth and make sense of all this crazyness, run for president on an independent ticket, and have such overwhelming support from the voters in this country that we would elect this person to lead us out of this economic disaster. Show both Democrats and Republicans we are sick and tired of all the bullshit...tired of the political positioning. We need someone to put the people first, not the political agenda. And that will never happen unless the people make it happen.

Bush didn't start anything...this has been going on since the Clinton administration.

Clinton's signing of the NAFTA agreement was the nail in the coffin for American industry...

True dat G-Man, however I remember listening to Rush Limbaugh sing the praises of NAFTA at the same time. Also (back to the subject of school funding), please remember that no one wants their funding cut, however there can be no "sacred cows" when it comes to balancing our state budget. I applaud Gov. McDonnell for doing what is necessary in these tough economic times. After all he could have come out with massive spending increases and given us some crap about spending our way out of debt. Our current president has absolutely no private sector experience, and was not qualified, and is not qualified to perform this job. 2012 can't come soon enough.

Lets see, exactly where did I say that the Republican Leadership was any better? I didn't!

Second, my allegiance isn't to a political party, I don't kiss the rear end of either one of them!

Third, Bush didn't start this mess by any means, this problem has been ongoing for the past 20 or 30 years.

Finally, As long as we have a fake 2 party system, which is really a one party system, nothing will improve in this country, and it is safe to say that if a real alternative comes on the scene, within 3 or 4 years they will be just as corrupt. The only hope for America, is fiscal responsiblity, personal responsibility and morality!

and that has to start at the bottom and work it's way to the top!

Lets see, exactly where did I say that the Republican Leadership was any better? I didn't!

Second, my allegiance isn't to a political party, I don't kiss the rear end of either one of them!

Third, Bush didn't start this mess by any means, this problem has been ongoing for the past 20 or 30 years.

Finally, As long as we have a fake 2 party system, which is really a one party system, nothing will improve in this country, and it is safe to say that if a real alternative comes on the scene, within 3 or 4 years they will be just as corrupt. The only hope for America, is fiscal responsiblity, personal responsibility and morality!

and that has to start at the bottom and work it's way to the top!

First- Not once did I mention you saying a Republican Leadership is any better. But in your "Intentional" wording of that sentence directed any negativity away from the Republican party.

Second- I like to note, than when Bush was in office everyone blamed this one him. If you say otherwise you can be proven wrong with just a few searches on google. It wasn't just Swva it was all of American and the world who blamed Bush.

Third- why in the hell did we go to war with Iraq? Hmm even till this day there is no proven fact why we went and ended up drawing more troops away from the land who slaughtered our very own friends and family in 9/11.

Fourth- I LOVE how alot (well roughly) 80% or more of Republicans will not admit to being full pledged Republican. They are always straddling the fence so to speak. I am out right Democrat, but will be the first to tell you Obama is not our answer. Just as if I was a Republican I would be right there giving Bush the criticism he deserves and not wait until another political party takes over and blame them and say "Oh well this has been going on years and years and years" (which I will agree with to some extent.) and try to take all the negativity away from The first and Second Bush administration.

And on a final note I agree with you about fiscal responsibility (We The People) need to step up and get ourselves out of this mess. No miracle is going to happen or no political party or leadership is going to help. Rather the government wants to spend a fortune (Obama) or not spend enough to get us back up and running full steam. "us" as a society has became dormant to the fact that we rely on someone else to take responsibility and lead us in hard times. We need to be more like our fathers before us and work for what we achieve, not have it given to us.

Edited by mapper

"Fourth- I LOVE how alot (well roughly) 80% or more of Republicans will not admit to being full pledged Republican. They are always straddling the fence so to speak".

If someone will not admit to being a full "pledged" (actually I believe the term is full fledged) Republican, then obviously they aren't full fledged Republicans. They vote for the man, not the party.

And did you pull that 80% figure out of your arse...what do you do, sit around and count the number of Republicans and lay in wait catching them straddling the fence? What does a Republican look like? If you want to be taken seriously, stop making idiotic claims like this.

"Fourth- I LOVE how alot (well roughly) 80% or more of Republicans will not admit to being full pledged Republican. They are always straddling the fence so to speak".

If someone will not admit to being a full "pledged" (actually I believe the term is full fledged) Republican, then obviously they aren't full fledged Republicans. They vote for the man, not the party.

And did you pull that 80% figure out of your arse...what do you do, sit around and count the number of Republicans and lay in wait catching them straddling the fence? What does a Republican look like? If you want to be taken seriously, stop making idiotic claims like this.

Yes sir that is what I do, I sit and wait like a stalker. And thank you for the one mistake in my use of one word, it will give me a reason to be more of a prick next time. And as the saying goes, "You know 67% of statistcs are made up at the spot?" It was a non litteral term. Yes I do aggree ppl need to vote for the man, not the party. But most of the time as we all know that is not the situation, so stick to your guns and do not pass blame off to the next person in line. I said I am straight Democrat, and I put blame towards Obama. But I also put blame towards Bush (Both Administrations, Since the first bush term is all I have been around to witness in my life, I can't pass blame any longer back than that.) Apparently it bother's you to talk to a Democrat who will not only critisize his opposing party, but his own. Does an intellectual coversation make you feel offended Mr. Bama? And it must have been taken seriously sir, becasue you felt the need to reply :D And please point out my Grammar or Punctuation mistakes I might have had, I didn't take the time to proof read, so any help would be very appreciated.

Read and enjoy everyone http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1970413,00.html

Doesn't really pertain (or is that correctly used or spelled right there?)

But to prove my point as in, No government leader is going to make the right choices for us. We as a country need to build a strong foundation for "US"

Edited by mapper

"Does an intellectual coversation make you feel offended Mr. Bama?"

Now that's funny. Your post is about as far from intellectual as anything I have ever read.

I know this is not english grammer class, but to claim your ramblings are anything close to intellectual strikes me as hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

"Does an intellectual conversation make you feel offended Mr. Bama?"

Now that's funny. Your post is about as far from intellectual as anything I have ever read.

I know this is not english grammer class, but to claim your ramblings are anything close to intellectual strikes me as hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

But see the thing is, You have nothing to say in response? You never do, so do us all a favor and go sit in a alone in a corner and wine a little more. And by the way "Grammer" is spelled "Grammar", so enjoy your day. Just as the case Bama, you wont even reply to the link I posted? So why even post in this thread anyway? You have no idea what is going on, haha!

But see the thing is, You have nothing to say in response? You never do, so do us all a favor and go sit in a alone in a corner and wine a little more. And by the way "Grammer" is spelled "Grammar", so enjoy your day. Just as the case Bama, you wont even reply to the link I posted? So why even post in this thread anyway? You have no idea what is going on, haha!

Thank you for your intellectual response...and it's "whine" not wine. Wine is an alcoholic beverage. Whine is what you're currently doing. Just thought I'd clear that up for you Mr. Intellectual.

As far as reading the article in your link, you stated yourself it didn't really pertain. But I did read it, and you were correct. But in relation to the article, one thing on which we do agree is the fact that Obama is screwing up. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

The difference between you and me is obvious. You are a full "pledged" (lol...that one still cracks me up) Democrat, and I am not committed to any political party. I vote for the man...unfortunately in the past several years it has been a vote for the lesser of two evils.

Edited by blueinbama

No offense to anyone, but the fact that there are so many STRAIGHT TICKET Dems and Repubs is an indication of WHY we have some of the problems that we have in America.

Political party allegiance is and has gradually destroyed this country. My allegiance is to America not the RNC or the DNC...........

No offense to anyone, but the fact that there are so many STRAIGHT TICKET Dems and Repubs is an indication of WHY we have some of the problems that we have in America.

Political party allegiance is and has gradually destroyed this country. My allegiance is to America not the RNC or the DNC...........

Spot on!

Second- I like to note, than when Bush was in office everyone blamed this one him. If you say otherwise you can be proven wrong with just a few searches on google. It wasn't just Swva it was all of American and the world who blamed Bush.

Third- why in the hell did we go to war with Iraq? Hmm even till this day there is no proven fact why we went and ended up drawing more troops away from the land who slaughtered our very own friends and family in 9/11.

I can assure you that EVERYONE did not blame George Bush, the liberal media wanted you to believe that, but everyone did not blame the man for our problems. I supported him the first time and voted for him the second time, (both times because I viewed him as the least of 2 evils) he is the reason that I am no longer a Republican, it took me a while but I have seen the light concerning the manipulation of party allegiance.

We went to war with Iraq, to overthrow a harsh dictator, due to intelligence information that said they had WMD's and primarily because we needed more control in the Middle East. This is called imperialism and I am opposed to it but there were reasons, folks just may not agree with them philosophically.

Furthermore, if we really wanted to stick it to the folks "who slaughtered our very own friends and family in 9/11," we should have attacked Saudi Arabia instead of Afghanistan, but then again, they are our imperial friends and we ignored the 17+ Saudis invovled in the 9/11 attacks.

Thank you for your intellectual response...and it's "whine" not wine. Wine is an alcoholic beverage. Whine is what you're currently doing. Just thought I'd clear that up for you Mr. Intellectual.

As far as reading the article in your link, you stated yourself it didn't really pertain. But I did read it, and you were correct. But in relation to the article, one thing on which we do agree is the fact that Obama is screwing up. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

I will agree with you, it has been the case of having to vote for the lesser of the evils. And I will agree with you that Obama is a major screw up. But I am not "Whining" lol and thank for for pointing out a one letter mistake. I am just stating the facts that this didn't start with Obama and has a heck of a lot to do with Bush also. I think Clinton was a wonderful president (affair or two, but oh well lol) and I think the Nafta agreement was ignorant on his part. It isn't something that one party or president has done, but a building up of small agreements or policies that each president has done that has put us in the predicament that we are in today.

"It isn't something that one party or president has done, but a building up of small agreements or policies that each president has done that has put us in the predicament that we are in today".

Besides Slick Willy's Nafta agreement, can you cite some examples of agreements or policies that has put us in this predicament? Just curious to know specifically where you stand on these agreements and policies you mentioned.

Edited by blueinbama

"It isn't something that one party or president has done, but a building up of small agreements or policies that each president has done that has put us in the predicament that we are in today".

Besides Slick Willy's Nafta agreement, can you cite some examples of agreements or policies that has put us in this predicament? Just curious to know specifically where you stand on these agreements and policies you mentioned.

Well Bush's labor policy didn't work for American workers. Since the start of his Administration, President Bush has turned his back on workers and taken every opportunity to undermine workers' rights and safety. Which can be pointed into some of the reason we are in a recession, go ahead and read this and I am going to take my lunch break and will start on another president.

February 2003

Proposes to eliminate overtime pay for millions of workers. The Bush Administration is expected to issue new rules in March that could eliminate overtime pay for many of the 80 million workers currently covered under the overtime pay rule of the FLSA, which says workers are entitled to "time-and-a-half" pay for every hour worked above 40 hours in a week. According to news reports, the Bush Administration is considering changes to several exemptions to the current rules, which may allow employers to exclude more workers from overtime. Currently, workers who are legitimately classified as executive, professional or administrative employees are exempt.

Terminates collective bargaining rights for 1,300 federal workers. On January 30, the Bush Administration terminates the collective bargaining rights of more than 1,300 workers at the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA). Following the lead of other Bush Administration officials, James Clapper Jr., the agency's director, invokes the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 as the reason for curtailing workers' rights. However, union leaders said the move comes just as NIMA workers - members of AFGE Local 1827 in St. Louis and Local 3407 in Bethesda, Maryland - were pursuing concerns about safety, promotions, and gender and racial bias in the agency. The Administration also strips workers in the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Attorney's offices nationwide of their collective bargaining rights, as well as the union rights of newly federalized airport screeners.

January 2003

Denies airport screeners freedom to choose a union. The Bush Administration denies collective bargaining rights to newly federalized airport security screeners. Admiral James Loy, undersecretary of transportation for security, signs an order precluding workers' rights to bargain, saying that such rights were not compatible with the nation's war against terrorism and "collective bargaining conflicts with national security needs."