Ncaa basketball poll ....next year

Duke and Purdue will be well outside the Top 10, that's for sure.

How can you say Duke will be out of the top 10? Yes they lose some key players but Singlar and Smith will step up along with Mason and Miles. Those four played quality minutes on this years championship team. With thier talent they will be in the top ten. Im not saying they will be the best but they will be good. I see them having another shot for a good tournament run.

How can you say Duke will be out of the top 10? Yes they lose some key players but Singlar and Smith will step up along with Mason and Miles. Those four played quality minutes on this years championship team. With thier talent they will be in the top ten. Im not saying they will be the best but they will be good. I see them having another shot for a good tournament run.

He says that because of his hatred for Duke. I agree with Singler, Smith, the Plumlees, and Curry coming I would not count them out.

He says that because of his hatred for Duke. I agree with Singler, Smith, the Plumlees, and Curry coming I would not count them out.

I would never count Duke out even though I dislike them a great deal. They are well coached and have quality players. However, Zoubek and Sheyer being gone hurts. I don't know that I would say championship caliber.

I think it's hilarious that all the media has seemed to fall off the UNC bandwagon, and magically appear on Duke's once again. Some of these news outlets don't even have Carolina in their Top 20 next season. Hence, why I put ZERO weight into preseason rankings.

They DO have the #1 recruiting class in the nation coming in, and its full of GUARDS. Add guard play (ala Harrison Barnes and Kendall Marshall) to an experienced Zeller, a seasoned Henson, and the Wear twins and they will be right back in the ACC and Final Four mix.

VT should be a LOCK next season...for the NIT...

A lock to go 9-7 in the ACC again, maybe a win in the ACC tournament. Gonna be a bubble team (unless the field gets expanded at which point we'll go and lose a round 1 game). All in all, another season of almosts. Another season of "hey, I think we're getting a little bit closer." Another season of close games, calls that should have gone our way, and that bad taste in your mouth when you learn that mediocrity is all that the season is going to amount to. Oh the joys of cheering for a middle-of-the-road team.

Anyway, did Ed Davis declare for the draft?

Haha I have been a Duke fan since the day I was born and I hear it all the time from UNC fans. Well untill this year. lol But it just doesn't make since to count Duke out with the talent they have coming back. Plus I see Dawkins coming on to add to those 5.

I would never count Duke out even though I dislike them a great deal. They are well coached and have quality players. However, Zoubek and Sheyer being gone hurts. I don't know that I would say championship caliber.

Duke has a hard and long road back to the championship if they make it. I wouldn't say that they have a championship caliber team either. But they have the potential to develope to become a championship caliber team.

A lock to go 9-7 in the ACC again, maybe a win in the ACC tournament. Gonna be a bubble team (unless the field gets expanded at which point we'll go and lose a round 1 game). All in all, another season of almosts. Another season of "hey, I think we're getting a little bit closer." Another season of close games, calls that should have gone our way, and that bad taste in your mouth when you learn that mediocrity is all that the season is going to amount to. Oh the joys of cheering for a middle-of-the-road team.

Anyway, did Ed Davis declare for the draft?

At least your team isn't a mortal lock for 12th, after losing Landesberg and Jones.

Seth Curry will be a nice addition for Duke, and I think Dawkins will step up as well; they also have some very good incoming recruits: Kyrie Irving (6'2"/172, #1 PG) and Tyler Thornton (6'2"/180, PG); Joshua Hairston (6'9"/220, #7 PF), as well as JC transfer Carrick Felix (6'6"/190, SF)......if Singler and Smith are back, they will be very good again. The Plumlee brothers should be really good too, but it is very early. Nobody really said they had a championship caliber team coming into this year either, but they just came together......long time between now and next basketball season so who knows what may happen. I'm a Duke fan, but I have to admit UNC could be unbelievable over the next few years with their returning players and incoming recruits!