Earthquake in Richlands?

Not sure if any of you have been paying attention but the earth has been shaking more than usual all around the world...its just a matter of time before we have a major quake in a major metropolitan area here in the US...and not necesarily in California...

Not sure if any of you have been paying attention but the earth has been shaking more than usual all around the world...its just a matter of time before we have a major quake in a major metropolitan area here in the US...and not necesarily in California...

The earth's not "shaking" any more than it normally does. It just so happens that we've had some major ones in metropolitan/highly populated areas whereas the others have typically been in sparsely populated areas or in the ocean.

Tectonics is one area where humans do NOT have an impact.

The earth's not "shaking" any more than it normally does. It just so happens that we've had some major ones in metropolitan/highly populated areas whereas the others have typically been in sparsely populated areas or in the ocean.

Tectonics is one area where humans do NOT have an impact.

Did I say that humans DO have an impact...don't think so.

Our planet is going through a phase of changes right now. The earth is shaking more, and in more locations, than it ever has. Scientist aren't readily admitting this because they don't want to cause a "panic" among the masses. Places that have had minimal shakes since man's recorded time are shaking more frequently. Places located near/on edges of tectonic plates are more "at risk" for the "big one" than they ever have been. The New Madrid fault is one of those areas that is a ticking time bomb...as is most of California and the Pacific northwest. And don't be surprised if one occurs in the southeast along the coastline (Charleston, SC).

The "Big One" is going to happen soon (ie. next several years, if that long)...I'm not sure if we are ready for the amount of death and destruction its going to cause though...

i used to live in Summerville SC and there is a major fault line right under that place...if i was a betting man, i'd put my money on Charleston getting the big one...it's just a matter of how long before it happens.

Our planet is going through a phase of changes right now. The earth is shaking more, and in more locations, than it ever has. Scientist aren't readily admitting this because they don't want to cause a "panic" among the masses. Places that have had minimal shakes since man's recorded time are shaking more frequently. Places located near/on edges of tectonic plates are more "at risk" for the "big one" than they ever have been. The New Madrid fault is one of those areas that is a ticking time bomb...as is most of California and the Pacific northwest. And don't be surprised if one occurs in the southeast along the coastline (Charleston, SC).

The "Big One" is going to happen soon (ie. next several years, if that long)...I'm not sure if we are ready for the amount of death and destruction its going to cause though...

Please for the love of God Gman, do NOT predict anything. If any indications of your bad winter you predicted months ago. Your the prophet of swvasports.com lmfao

Yeah, I've definitely heard the same up here. There's a little bit of worry starting to grow because many of the buildings in the city were built without earthquake prevention in mind. If an earthquake hits here, there is going to be a lot of rubble.

I don't know if GMan is psychic, but someone I grew up knowing claims she is one and she too is predicting a major devastating earthquake.

Do I buy into it, no. We have gotten pretty accurate at weather predictions, but earthquakes are a different thing. I will say if you suddenly hear of animals leaving an area rapidly, you might want to pay attention.

i used to live in Summerville SC and there is a major fault line right under that place...if i was a betting man, i'd put my money on Charleston getting the big one...it's just a matter of how long before it happens.

Dont say that Lance ill be livin in the ville' in 6 months :(

Dont say that Lance ill be livin in the ville' in 6 months :(

you going to Charleston Southern or something? It's a nice place down there...they have a big thing up there in town that shows the damage from the last quake to hit it...and a thing that tells all about the fault that runs under that place.

Please for the love of God Gman, do NOT predict anything. If any indications of your bad winter you predicted months ago. Your the prophet of swvasports.com lmfao

Sometimes, I just get these feelings about certain things...unfortunately, this is one of them. I've never claimed to be a "prophet" or "psychic" or a "seer", nor would I want to be any of those...its more of an intuitiveness from paying attention to what's going on around me...

BTW, another big quake in China this morning...

Sometimes, I just get these feelings about certain things...unfortunately, this is one of them...

BTW, another big quake in China this morning...

I thought about your prediction there, Phil, when I was watching the news at 6 this morning!

I don't believe that there will be any major earthquake, nothing more than normal. The media fill everyone's heads full of nonsense, then we the people take it for more than what it's worth and us being simpletons and having fear of a major catastrophic disaster get images from movies stuck in our heads which goes back to the media and how they show diasters, we just take it for more than what it's actually worth. I'm not calling you a liar GMAN but i just don't believe that anything from the norm is happening, Just like the wonderful 2012 predictions, God will decide when what will happen

Nothing that doesn't normally go on, just with much greater media attention.

Read an article today that said the same thing. A ton of media attention due to earthquakes hitting heavily populated areas, but overall seismic activity is about average.

you going to Charleston Southern or something? It's a nice place down there...they have a big thing up there in town that shows the damage from the last quake to hit it...and a thing that tells all about the fault that runs under that place.

No, just moving down there with family to have an opportunity in life, because God knows i dont wana end up like everyone else stuck in this county all my life.

No, just moving down there with family to have an opportunity in life, because God knows i dont wana end up like everyone else stuck in this county all my life.

i hear you....best of luck.

Giles, Bland, Tazewell, Russell, Scott, Pulaski, Wythe, Smyth, Washington, and parts of Buchanan, Dickenson, and Wise counties are part of the "New River/Giles County Seismic Zone."

When the "Big One" happens here (in the US) soon, don't say I didn't warn you...

There is a fault that runs through Memphis Tenn. The discovery channel predicted this area to be a disater waiting to happen, and will be the biggest earthquake the US has seen. They showed what could happen... it would rock everything from Chicago to atlanta.... Crazy!