Marion 1 Tazewell 0

abad4nr

Trent Snavely scores on a penalty kick.

yea worst game ever by the ref's for both sides but Tazewell dominated everything but the score line. there was two controversal calls that went marion's way and ultimately got them the win. Tazewell probably should of won 2-1. In the first ten min the marion goal keeper made a "save" from inside the goal that was very controversal. I though it was an obvious goal considering the ball went across the line but thats just my opinion. also in the second half We made a nasty free kick that got called back because it was indirect apparently, but the ref called the foul as if it was a normal foul and didn't tip off a single tazewell player that it was indirect umm hello????

but its totally whatever. hate that the game was won on a PK big letdown......

as a player, you should probably know the rules--you know, what kinds of infractions lead to direct and indirect kicks, stuff like that. i bet every football player can tell you how many yards a holding penalty is, and every basketball player knows when you get foul shots. just sayin'.

as a player, you should probably know the rules--you know, what kinds of infractions lead to direct and indirect kicks, stuff like that. i bet every football player can tell you how many yards a holding penalty is, and every basketball player knows when you get foul shots. just sayin'.

well explain me this The same type of foul happen twice to us that game that caused the indirect kick. How was it that the first time the same type of foul was committed and it was ruled as a DIRECT kick and then minites later, when we scored the goal off of the set piece, It was called back because it was "called" as an INDIRECT kick?!?!?? The marion players fouled almost the exact same way both times.....explain that riddle......

there really aren't that many types of infractions that lead to an indirect kick. a passback to a keeper, offsides, and obstruction are a few of the most common. perhaps you misunderstood what was called, and there's always the possibility that the referee was completely incompetent.

there really aren't that many types of infractions that lead to an indirect kick. a passback to a keeper, offsides, and obstruction are a few of the most common. perhaps you misunderstood what was called, and there's always the possibility that the referee was completely incompetent.

Worst refed soccer game I have ever been associated with for both teams in my life.

And also the goalkeeper touched the ball before it went in on the "indirect" kick. so it really shouldn't of mattered.

Worst refed soccer game I have ever been associated with for both teams in my life.

And also the goalkeeper touched the ball before it went in on the "indirect" kick. so it really shouldn't of mattered.

If your accounts are true, then yes the goal should have been allowed. It's easy and quick to blame the refs, and yes refs do cost games. But little chances here and there make a game, and by the sound of it, Tazewell didn't execute.

The goalie did not touch the ball and his save you describe earlier was a good save as the ball did not cross the goal's plane. Tazewell had a lot of real good opportunities to score but were not able to finish it off - the Marion goalie did a decent job on that.

The goalie did not touch the ball and his save you describe earlier was a good save as the ball did not cross the goal's plane. Tazewell had a lot of real good opportunities to score but were not able to finish it off - the Marion goalie did a decent job on that.

the goalie may not have touched the ball on the ''indirect kick'' but the foul was a trip, which is direct. but the ball did cross the plane in the air. i had just arrived at the game and was standing right even with the goal..so the direct kick was arguable but the goal that crossed the line should have counted..atleast a tie in this one

I guess it would have been a difficult call for the officials to make since none of them where level with the goal. Maybe they were caught off guard by the unorthodox save by the goalie. There was also a hand ball right in front of the Marion goal by a Tazewell player that everyone saw that wasn't called. But again, Tazewell had a lot of chances to score but did not execute. So no ties, 1-0 Canes.

I guess it would have been a difficult call for the officials to make since none of them where level with the goal. Maybe they were caught off guard by the unorthodox save by the goalie. There was also a hand ball right in front of the Marion goal by a Tazewell player that everyone saw that wasn't called. But again, Tazewell had a lot of chances to score but did not execute. So no ties, 1-0 Canes.

yes there were multiple hand balls by both teams not called..poorly refed game, nothing to be done now..it will just have to be settled next time at ol lincolnshire park

ok well if the ball "didnt" cross the plane, then why did everyone on the field including the goalie and the refs stop flat for 5 to 7 seconds???? its obvious that it went across just by the way the goal keeper acted. also like mentioned eariler the foul was a trip, therefore a direct kick

In all reality Tazewell should of won 2-1 Tazewell DOMINATED everything but scoreline and we are twice the team Marion is. Sometimes teams catch a break and this time marion did

ok well if the ball "didnt" cross the plane, then why did everyone on the field including the goalie and the refs stop flat for 5 to 7 seconds???? its obvious that it went across just by the way the goal keeper acted. also like mentioned eariler the foul was a trip, therefore a direct kick

In all reality Tazewell should of won 2-1 Tazewell DOMINATED everything but scoreline and we are twice the team Marion is. Sometimes teams catch a break and this time marion did

I didn't notice "everyone on the field stop for 5-7 seconds" but if they did, maybe it was they were stunned at the goalie's excellent move?

Tazewell did dominate everything but the scoreline, and goalkeeping.

Twice the team? Maybe it will show next time.

I didn't notice "everyone on the field stop for 5-7 seconds" but if they did, maybe it was they were stunned at the goalie's excellent move?

Tazewell did dominate everything but the scoreline, and goalkeeping.

Ok well "appearently" the goalie stunned himself. haha The goalkeeper knew it went in and was "Stunned" that the center offical didn't call it a goal.

Maybe not exactly 5-7 seconds, that was a guess, but everyone at one point stopped playing because most understood that it was a goal.

Twice the team? Maybe it will show next time.

so your telling me we didn't show it????? we killed you in everything,except score. This has been mention quite a bit on this thread. You can't deny it. Marion got lucky, no disrespect, but it was a fluke. Im sorry

so your telling me we didn't show it????? we killed you in everything,except score. This has been mention quite a bit on this thread. You can't deny it. Marion got lucky, no disrespect, but it was a fluke. Im sorry

That is why they play the game right? Good luck on the rest of your season.

I think it is funny when an odvious foul or goal happens and both teams stop becasue they realize what happens and the officals don't call and everyone speeds back up starts playing again.