oil spill?

so...question for you guys who might know....

with this oil spill in the gulf, if it's still throwing out oil all this time after the accident without even being pumped, why were they moving to a new spot when all this happened? Is the spot about out or lower quality than they are looking for or whats the deal? If this spot was still producing why were they going to move?

have heard them talking about moving, but have not heard why they move...i dont know much about gulf drilling and cant seem to find an answer on google....anyone know?

no, they said this all happened when they were preparing to move to a new location?

Not so sure how off shore drilling works Lance, but if it's anything like drilling on inland after the rig drills the well another crew comes in to frack it and run the tubbing to actually pump the oil into pipe lines. Maybe this could help answer your question?

Not so sure how off shore drilling works Lance, but if it's anything like drilling on inland after the rig drills the well another crew comes in to frack it and run the tubbing to actually pump the oil into pipe lines. Maybe this could help answer your question?

I believe that is correct. There are platforms that do the drilling and those that do the pumping. The pumping platform is designed just for that function and the platform the drilled the well does only drilling.

I hope everyone got to see the 60 Minutes piece on this a few weeks ago. Great information about what probably went wrong from a supervisor who survived and an engineering expert.

I would imagine so lance, but heck who knows maybe its a conspiracy to raise oil prices:eek: haha jk... But I would imagine you are right tho.

only problem is that oil prices have dropped since that happened? which would kinda make you think this was never producing anything to begin with since it seems to have had no impact.

One well does not make any difference in prices in the big picture...also this well had not come into production yet (ie. adding to the supply of oil). It also has a lot to do with supply and demand...supply is as high as its been in a while and demand is lower right now with the economic turmoil in Greece/Europe.