Number 1 Entrance in all of NCAA football....

By the way, BigD have you ever been to a SEC game? Or for the matter, have you ever been to any other college game besides a Tech game? I have, Penn St vs Bama, Penn St vs West Virginia, Tennessee vs Bama, Tennessee vs Florida, Michigan St vs Texas Tech, VT vs WV, UCLA vs Tennessee, Notre Dame vs Tennessee, Virginia vs Miami, Virginia vs WV, Virginia vs Pitt, just to name a few.
\

Listen, I like SEC football, and I've always liked Alabama in particular, but Virginia Tech has always been and will always be my favorite. It doesn't matter (to me) what they did or didn't do 25, 50, or 100 years ago. It also doesn't matter what they do or don't do now. We each have our own reasons why we like the teams we do.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mapper:

When you have to resort to cheap shots like these, you've already lost your argument. Try and have a civil conversation with some people and they can't keep their cool long enough to remain credible. Jealousy is a horrible thing.

The truth will stand when the worlds on fire. It's not a jealousy thing at all. As an Alum of UK, I will tell you honestly that they earned every probation they have ever gotten in both football and basketball.

We should not put our blinders on to what programs have done to win.

The truth will stand when the worlds on fire. It's not a jealousy thing at all. As an Alum of UK, I will tell you honestly that they earned every probation they have ever gotten in both football and basketball.

How right you are...

I agree. But your cheap shot was still bush league. And it does sound like jealousy. Why else would you stoop to that level?

For kick we can compare the number of NCAA probations by conference too. Those are also an SEC tradition. (Bama)

A totally unnecessary cheap shot.

Edited by blueinbama

I agree. But your cheap shot was still bush league. And it does sound like jealousy. Why else would you stoop to that level?

A totally unnecessary cheap shot.

The number one conference of all should be the number one punching bag as well, right?

But my fight isnt anything to do with the probations or anything of that matter.

My point simply is, We live in Soutwest virginia, Virginia Tech is a southwest Virginia team. Why the world would we even have to have another reason to pull for them? I mean crap, I am one of the biggest Uva@Wise baseball followers around, and they are NAIA. I have never once said the ACC was better than the SEC, and even stated "SEC gets great recruits for just being the SEC" That should be a great compliment to your conference. I just dont understand why you have to fight and argue Tech is not worthy? Ok, Tech has never won a National Championship. For all I care they could go 0'fer the nest decade. I would still attend their games and wear their trademark apparel.

I just dont understand why you have to fight and argue Tech is not worthy?

Where did you get that? I said earlier I grew up in SW Va. and am also a Tech fan. I was born in Alabama, so I bleed Crimson first and foremost. You implied Tech was better at developing less talented players than the SEC, and I argued the SEC also developed 3 star players into stars like Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram. I also stated other teams in the SEC did that as well, and your assumption that Va. Tech was better than the SEC at developing those players was ridiculous. I'm not fighting, I'm just arguing my point. I think it's obvious you are wrong. The SEC is one of the best conferences at developing players in the nation. That's why they are the #1 conference in the nation.

Here's my exact post, since you seem to have forgotten what I said:

I'm a Tech fan as well. I pull for Tech because I grew up in SW Va. I was born in Alabama, so my first loyalty is to the Crimson Tide. I agree the coaching staff at Tech has done a great job developing players, but you can't be serious if you think teams like Alabama, Florida, LSU, Georgia, etc. don't take 3 star players and develop them into great players as well. A perfect example is Mark Ingram. He came to Bama as a three star prospect, and last year he won the Heisman. Now that's player development at its finest. And believe me, it doesn't end there. Bama has had three good recruiting years, but the National Championship the Tide won in 2009 was with mostly three star recruits. I know a lot of you guys don't like the SEC, but let's give credit where credit is due. And the SEC was not always considered the #1 conference in the nation. They earned it.

Now tell me where I said Va. Tech is not worthy? Stop making things up as you go along.

Where did you get that? I said earlier I grew up in SW Va. and am also a Tech fan. I was born in Alabama, so I bleed Crimson first and foremost. You implied Tech was better at developing less talented players than the SEC, and I argued the SEC also developed 3 star players into stars like Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram. I also stated other teams in the SEC did that as well, and your assumption that Va. Tech was better than the SEC at developing those players was ridiculous. I'm not fighting, I'm just arguing my point. I think it's obvious you are wrong. The SEC is one of the best conferences at developing players in the nation. That's why they are the #1 conference in the nation.

Here's my exact post, since you seem to have forgotten what I said:

Now tell me where I said Va. Tech is not worthy? Stop making things up as you go along.

Where did I say, you said that?

my post to you was on line one, HENCE the double spacing prior to me starting my second argument. And also, where did I state the ACC was better in developing 3 star recruits? Please point that one out to me Mr Bama, haha Grimm was a walk on for crying out loud and earned All-American. SO that speaks volumes about the program and Grimm himself. But never once did I state the ACC was in any form better than the SEC. So go ahead and continue making yourself look like the symbol for the Democrats (jackass)

And Third, I did not make it up about "YOU ALL" (if that makes you feel less pointed out) It was my entitled assumption about "YOU ALL" making it as if Tech doesnt deserve to be in the NCAA D-1 ranks. And you tell Hacker ( I believe it was him) that it was a low blow stating the obvious facts about the Very long history of SEC recruiting violations. When it seems to be very low blows to me trying to make Tech out as a medicore football school. And Yes all conferences have violations, but the Number one conference, sure seems to have a few more?

Edited by mapper

my post to you was on line one, HENCE the double spacing prior to me starting my second argument. And also, where did I state the ACC was better in developing 3 star recruits? Please point that one out to me Mr Bama, haha Grimm was a walk on for crying out loud and earned All-American. SO that speaks volumes about the program and Grimm himself. But never once did I state the ACC was in any form better than the SEC. So go ahead and continue making yourself look like the symbol for the Democrats (jackass)

nd Third, I did not make it up about "YOU ALL" (if that makes you feel less pointed out) It was my entitled assumption about "YOU ALL" making it as if Tech doesnt deserve to be in the NCAA D-1 ranks. And you tell Hacker ( I believe it was him) that it was a low blow stating the obvious facts about the Very long history of SEC recruiting violations. When it seems to be very low blows to me trying to make Tech out as a medicore football school. And Yes all conferences have violations, but the Number one conference, sure seems to have a few more?

If you can't find where you said that, look at the post above and it is right there in plain view, and it's your post. You said it. I can't help you beyond that.

For the record, not once have I said VT is inferior to the SEC or anyone else. Those are your words, not mine.

Here's your statement, and if you want to spin it some other way I guess you are entitled, but to me this says Tech takes the lesser known recruits and developes them better than teams in the SEC. I disagree.

And look at the recruits the SEC gets for just being the SEC. Players like Grimm, Tech turns into ball players. Tech doesnt get the #1 ranked QB, #1 ranked TB, or big name coach like Urban Myer to come in. Because Tech makes players, and has a coaching staff that came from no where and been loyal to the program. That alone is what makes Tech great.

That quote is from you, and it speaks for itself.

Also, it's not necessary to stoop to the third grade level of calling me a jackass. I have an opinion, as do you. So let's try and keep this conversation civil if you don't mind.

Edited by blueinbama

And Third, I did not make it up about "YOU ALL" (if that makes you feel less pointed out) It was my entitled assumption about "YOU ALL" making it as if Tech doesnt deserve to be in the NCAA D-1 ranks. And you tell Hacker ( I believe it was him) that it was a low blow stating the obvious facts about the Very long history of SEC recruiting violations. When it seems to be very low blows to me trying to make Tech out as a medicore football school. And Yes all conferences have violations, but the Number one conference, sure seems to have a few more?

Where is your documentation to prove your point? All schools self report violations both secondary and major violations. I think you will be surprised what schools led the pack.

Geez, looks like Pete Carroll has been circumventing rules ever since he got to USC. Here is one list, however it is a bit dated.

http://blog.al.com/bn/2008/03/sec_no_2_for_most_ncaa_infract.html

Edited by the_general