New Tazewell Coach????

Gym

I give him 3 years max before he is run out of town...wouldn't be a shock if it was a one year hitch since they didn't really have much time to search for a coach before 2-a-days start.

I was going to put the over/under at three years given his history of short stints at several schools combined with Tazewell's history of running off coaches...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to put the over/under at three years given his history of short stints at several schools combined with Tazewell's history of running off coaches...

scary when we get on the same page isn't it lol.

This is what is wrong with Tazewell Football. Negative postings like this as well as around the community are running this program into the ground. A new coach should bring excitement and a fresh start for everyone. Instead, the man is getting bashed by a Bulldog fan before he ever arrives. If we eliminate remarks and attitudes such as this we may be able to rebuild a program. Several kids are on this site and remarks like this will make it hard for a new man in town. If kids only hear how bad a coach sucks then how much effort are they going to put forth. There are several kids undecided if they will even play at all this year. These are talented kids that would help this football team but I am sure the negativity could help them make up their mind.

According to today's paper his resume looked pretty impressive. If he sucked at V-High then how did he win the district 3 out of 5 years. The man played at VT and was a graduate assistant at UVA and VT. I would imagine during those years he acquired a vast amount of football knowledge. He took over as OC for Lebanon after they played Tazewell this past year. During that time he put up a ton of points against Richlands and beat Gate City in the playoffs. Sounds pretty good to me.

If we are going to turn it around at Tazewell it will take an overall effort from the coaches, players and the community. That means eliminating posting garbage like this on a website. If you are a true fan then show some support and maybe that positive attitude will rub off on some of these kids.

These kids are to damn sorry to go out and play football, there is to much talent in that school that just sits on there ass because there parents allow, dude I bleed green more than the next guy in line, but this guy had all the talent in the world at VA High and couldnt pull anything out there! And what they put in the paper is what they want ya to hear.....

These kids are to damn sorry to go out and play football, there is to much talent in that school that just sits on there ass because there parents allow, dude I bleed green more than the next guy in line, but this guy had all the talent in the world at VA High and couldnt pull anything out there! And what they put in the paper is what they want ya to hear.....

But yet it was old coach Wyatt's fault everytime the dogs got beat. Dude you are sucj a tool!!!

But yet it was old coach Wyatt's fault everytime the dogs got beat. Dude you are sucj a tool!!!

Yeah you are a real piece of work there your self... Well maybe the new coach won't take a cruise during the open week right before the playoffs!

Edited by Bulldogs52

These kids are to damn sorry to go out and play football

Is it really necessary to talk about teenage kids like this? I’ve ranted about statements like this before, and it falls on deaf ears. Now I’m appealing to your sense of decency. These kids read this stuff, and to post something like this is irresponsible. Get on the coaches and the community all you want, but leave the kids out of this unless you have something positive to say about them. The attitude of the adults in any community is directly reflected by the attitude of the kids. Support these kids no matter what. They deserve to have a community where everyone gets behind them, not one where adults call them “sorry".

Edited by blueinbama

Is it really necessary to talk about teenage kids like this? I’ve ranted about statements like this before, and it falls on deaf ears. Now I’m appealing to your sense of decency. These kids read this stuff, and to post something like this is irresponsible. Get on the coaches and the community all you want, but leave the kids out of this unless you have something positive to say about them. The attitude of the adults in any community is directly reflected by the attitude of the kids. Support these kids no matter what. They deserve to have a community where everyone gets behind them, not one where adults call them “sorry".

Truth hurts. That's the problem with a lot of kids today, nobody wants to hurt their feelings as they are coddled their entire childhood. They expect everything on a silver platter without having to work for it. Maybe a good kick in the a$$ is the type of support these kids need.

Bulldog52's post pretty much nailed it whether you think he should have said it or not. Maybe some of those kids you mentioned will read it and take it to heart...

Truth hurts. That's the problem with a lot of kids today, nobody wants to hurt their feelings as they are coddled their entire childhood. They expect everything on a silver platter without having to work for it. Maybe a good kick in the a$$ is the type of support these kids need.

Bulldog52's post pretty much nailed it whether you think he should have said it or not. Maybe some of those kids you mentioned will read it and take it to heart...

I don’t think there is ever a situation where an adult should call a kid “sorry”. A kick in the a$$ is one thing, but it can be done without trying to destroy their self esteem. These kids need positive reinforcement. I’m not at all advocating giving these kids anything on a silver platter, however they need to be motivated to want to play, not degraded to a point where they feel worthless.

Edited by blueinbama

Blueinbama, I am blue blooded as they come, but to get on here and dog someone for calling a kid "sorry" is crazy.Have you ever sit back and listened to some of the "Name Calling" that comes out of these coaches mouth's that you praise every day.Not sure if you ever played football, but the word "sorry" is nothing I can assure you of that! Go Big Blue.

Blueinbama, I am blue blooded as they come, but to get on here and dog someone for calling a kid "sorry" is crazy.Have you ever sit back and listened to some of the "Name Calling" that comes out of these coaches mouth's that you praise every day.Not sure if you ever played football, but the word "sorry" is nothing I can assure you of that! Go Big Blue.

To answer your question I played football, baseball, and basketball. Coaches have their own language and methods and I understand and accept that. Kids that play football expect to get yelled at by their coaches. That’s part of it. I’m not talking about coaches, I’m talking about adults in the community (and on message boards) who call kids out in a public forum and call them “sorry”. I have a problem with that. If you and others don’t, so be it. I stand by my opinion. I think it’s counterproductive.

Edited by blueinbama

I don’t think there is ever a situation where an adult should call a kid “sorry”. A kick in the a$$ is one thing, but it can be done without trying to destroy their self esteem. These kids need positive reinforcement. I’m not at all advocating giving these kids anything on a silver platter, however they need to be motivated to want to play, not degraded to a point where they feel worthless.

well...he didn't single out anyone in particular and call them sorry, he just made a generalization of a generation, and I agree with it myself...it's not just Tazewell either, the kids today for the most part would rather sit home and play Madden rather than go out and play football. Which really makes me respect the kids that do go out and play the games on Friday even more. There are a lot of kids in every school that could really help the programs out that never play.

I think Coach Wyatt is a good guy and a great coach...I think he could have done good things over the long run at Tazewell if left alone to run the show...Terry Smith will soon find out the politics involved with Tazewell football...we'll see how long he lasts before he is either run off or takes another job to get the hell out of there.

A pat on the back will get you more results than telling them their sorry. There is nothing wrong with the kids today, it"s the adults thats raising them.

A pat on the back will get you more results than telling them their sorry. There is nothing wrong with the kids today, it"s the adults thats raising them.

i dont agree with that at all...i have kids in my family, kids of my own, and i'm around the kids that play ball and such and there are 2 distinct groups...those that get out and do things and those who dont...a lot of it is internet and gaming...kids don't want to go out and play ball like they did 20 years ago...that's just a sign of the times and the way things have changed.

parents do have a large part in it, but for the most part i think they are just letting the kids choose what they want to do...and it's not sports they are picking...which is why i say i have a lot of respect for the kids that do play sports..it's not the easy way to go.

I think a long time ago kids played outside more because that is all they had to do...not like that anymore.

i dont agree with that at all... parents do have a large part in it

I have 30 - 40 of those kids every year that choose not to play ball, and almost all of them have a darn good work ethic.

The so called ones that choose, I've had a few of them too, and sports has done nothing for their work ethics.

Edited by mrb

I dont like to be talked to that way,but the reality is its that way in most cases prep.,college,and professional levels .So the next sporting event you nice guys attend please!step down on sideline and listen carefully and when you hear this negative reinforcement tap the coach on the shoulder ask him to be a little more considerate for the kids feelings.LOL. so unless you unrealist plan on doing this please stop busting peoples b---s for calling some kids "sorry".

I dont like to be talked to that way,but the reality is its that way in most cases prep.,college,and professional levels .So the next sporting event you nice guys attend please!step down on sideline and listen carefully and when you hear this negative reinforcement tap the coach on the shoulder ask him to be a little more considerate for the kids feelings.LOL. so unless you unrealist plan on doing this please stop busting peoples b---s for calling some kids "sorry".

Can you read? Let’s try this again real slow so you can understand it.

To answer your question I played football, baseball, and basketball. Coaches have their own language and methods and I understand and accept that. Kids that play football expect to get yelled at by their coaches. That’s part of it. I’m not talking about coaches, I’m talking about adults in the community (and on message boards) who call kids out in a public forum and call them “sorry”. I have a problem with that. If you and others don’t, so be it. I stand by my opinion. I think it’s counterproductive.

Got it now? N-o-t t-a-l-k-i-n-g a-b-o-u-t c-o-a-c-h-e-s. Talking about adults in the community and on message boards. Hope that clears it up for you tough guy.

Edited by blueinbama

Let me say this, I get the pleasure to watch the Blues practices, rarely does Coach Mance raise his voice to his players. Most of the time he talks to them and gives them a pat when he is done. Maybe he knows something about this X and Y thing, because his teams sure do alot of winning.

Edited by mrb

Let me say this, I get the pleasure to watch the Blues practices, rarely does Coach Mance raise his voice to his players. Most of the time he talks to them and gives them a pat when he is done. Maybe he knows something about this X and Y thing, because his teams sure do alot of winning.

Oh, yeah I bet he's all sweet and innocent with them.....

so is the local county jail, when 95 pct of them are from Richlands

Probably got there because some so-called responsible adults in their community told them they were “sorry” from the time they were 15 years old.

Edited by blueinbama

Probably got there because some so-called responsible adults in their community told them they were “sorry†from the time they were 15 years old.

Then I guess you better point the finger else where!