tailgating beaver/graham game?

beaverbaseball

This is about as accurate as you are going to get...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Scroll in to see where the line runs on this map. This is what I've always known it to be and was enforced as "back in the day" when hanging out at the park was the cool thing to do.

The Wal-mart super center is listed between the Subway on College and the Kollege Mart. That is just a little off target

Edited by bhs7695

This is about as accurate as you are going to get...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Scroll in to see where the line runs on this map. This is what I've always known it to be and was enforced as "back in the day" when hanging out at the park was the cool thing to do.

if you go to google earth and look at the city and town of bluefield you will see the state line runs thru the last tennis court closest to the old train at the city park. and it shows the walmart where it actually is and it is a older map because it shows the old mitchell stadium before it was remodeled. but the state line does not change. bowen field and the city park have always been in virginia but wva has always taken care of it reason for this i do not know but it is in va.

They annexed the city park and bowen field years ago, from what I understand.

the park and bowen field still remain in virginia.would have to go to richmond and petition the state to annex a part of virginia. wv just cannot annex part of virginia without permission from virginia.just like counties in wv close to va in years past have tried to become part of va but had to go thru charleston with petition and on ballot and have not ever been able to leave wv. if a city could just annex a part of the state then why would wv not just annex the wal mart shopping center area in blfd va.all i know is that wv for years has taken care of the park and i think mainly because va did not want the upkeep of that park. if anyone has been there over the years it has been in need of lots of repair and upkeep. and then blfd va developed their own park which is a very nice park even being on the hill it is still much nicer than the old city park. and cost a lot less to keep up.this is just my opinion on this. not a lawyer

Here are some simple facts. 1.) The vast majority of Lotito Park, including Bowen Field are owned by the City of Bluefield WV and lie inside the Town of Bluefield, VA. The property was purchased from Leatherwood Farms (Tierneys) way back. 2.) Both Bluefield VA and WV share law enforcement responsibilities in the park. 3.) Any offense committed in the VA portion of the park would be tried in VA. 4.) Just because the City of Bluefield WV owns property in VA, does not make it a part of WV.

I hope this helps clear any confusion.

I never said it was in WV...I said they annexed it....not implying that it was made a part of another state. Towns have annexed parts of other towns before, just happens that these 2 are across state lines. At least the term "annexed" was being thrown around about the situation when I was a little kid...and that was a long time ago.

Here are some simple facts. 1.) The vast majority of Lotito Park, including Bowen Field are owned by the City of Bluefield WV and lie inside the Town of Bluefield, VA. The property was purchased from Leatherwood Farms (Tierneys) way back. 2.) Both Bluefield VA and WV share law enforcement responsibilities in the park. 3.) Any offense committed in the VA portion of the park would be tried in VA. 4.) Just because the City of Bluefield WV owns property in VA, does not make it a part of WV.

better stated than how i did but what i was saying. the property is in va and is not part of wv. that would have to go thru richmond for that to happen for va to give up part of its state to another state. and in a previous post i said that anything on the va side of the property would be taken care of in va. just went the long route to say that.

Alcohol sales at Bowen Field are governed by the VA ABC...just sayin'...

Alcohol sales at Bowen Field are governed by the VA ABC...just sayin'...

Now there is an option to make some serious cash for the Orioles. They could get a banquet permit off of their ABC permit. and hold a huge tailgate for the game. ABC would require off duty police to serve as security guards. Use the concession stands to handle the food.

Now there is an option to make some serious cash for the Orioles. They could get a banquet permit off of their ABC permit. and hold a huge tailgate for the game. ABC would require off duty police to serve as security guards. Use the concession stands to handle the food.

Doubt that would happen this year...not only have they lost their mascot to a bigger and better deal but the new GM just resigned. Sounds like the O's ship is sinking...

Doubt that would happen this year...not only have they lost their mascot to a bigger and better deal but the new GM just resigned. Sounds like the O's ship is sinking...

It has been sinking ever since the Aberdeen Ironbirds started playing in 2002. Bluefield stopped getting most of the quality players they had been getting. More of those players were being sent to Aberdeen. Ever since, the team has struggled and attendance has dropped.

It has been sinking ever since the Aberdeen Ironbirds started playing in 2002. Bluefield stopped getting most of the quality players they had been getting. More of those players were being sent to Aberdeen. Ever since, the team has struggled and attendance has dropped.

Known fact that Baltimore wants out of Bluefield...they've only stayed around as long as they due to the history between Bluefield and Baltimore...over 50 years worth.

I say the Bluefield Baseball Club needs to be proactive and take a look around at other possibilities and kick the pathetic Baltimore organization to the curb...

Known fact that Baltimore wants out of Bluefield...they've only stayed around as long as they due to the history between Bluefield and Baltimore...over 50 years worth.

I say the Bluefield Baseball Club needs to be proactive and take a look around at other possibilities and kick the pathetic Baltimore organization to the curb...

GMan for GM.

I think I'll show up at the game this year...with about 7 people...around 5:00...drop down the tailgate and start cooking some chicken.....and wait for Andy Merriman to come issue me a citation. They could use that as a hilight on ESPN.