How about Gate City ?

Bigrhsfan

Ok blue devil fans. We've heard a lot about the blues from Richlands, how about the blue devils from Gate City ? Has anyone on the forum here seen them practice or scrimmage, and how did they look?

Big game in 2 weeks and it would be nice to hear a little from them.

I'll be keeping up with the devils even after the Richlands game because they have a good shot at bringing a state title back to Southwest Virginia again this year ! And I love to see state titles coming back to our part of the state !

They look good so far but should know more after Friday night.

Yea, I believe they scrimmage Graham & George Wythe. Should tell them something. I didn't get to watch Graham up at Bluefield last week but George Wythe is very young but has some speed and is athletic but needs a lot more experience. Didn't seem to have a lot of size either, but they will be a very good team when they get the experience. Could cause some teams some problems with big plays.

Richlands didn't play their starters against Wythe so it would be hard to compare how the 2 schools did against them.

Of course we all know that Gate City is gonna be a very good if not great team this year with all they have coming back

Ok blue devil fans. We've heard a lot about the blues from Richlands, how about the blue devils from Gate City ? Has anyone on the forum here seen them practice or scrimmage, and how did they look?

Big game in 2 weeks and it would be nice to hear a little from them.

I'll be keeping up with the devils even after the Richlands game because they have a good shot at bringing a state title back to Southwest Virginia again this year ! And I love to see state titles coming back to our part of the state !

I like Richlands,and their Coach. Great program there. It should be a great game with GC. The running backs of GC are something else. If Richlands cannot stop the run,game goes to GC in my opinion.:)

We have running backs coming out of our ears, which is a very good thing. If our passing game develops into anything at all, I look for us to have alot of excitement this year.

I heard last years QB moved to running back.

We have running backs coming out of our ears, which is a very good thing. If our passing game develops into anything at all, I look for us to have alot of excitement this year.

I think you guys will have a lot of excitement this year ! You'll be able to run the ball at will against most teams. Any kind of a passing game......and look out.

But I do think it will be harder to run on Richlands this year. You guys did a very good job of running up the middle on us last year. We just could not seem to stop it when we needed to. But I think our D is better this year than it was last year.

Our offence looks pretty good so far also. The running game has improved and both QB's can throw and run with the ball.

It's gonna be a lot of fun seeing which team imposes it's will and should be some gooooood football.

It's gonna be a big crowd too with the following that both schools have.

I wish you guys a lotta luck for your season............just not until after the 1st game....LOL

I think most local highschool football prognosticators will give Gate City the edge in this game. The Blue Devils host at Legion Field (the biggest home field advantage in SWVA.) Also, the Devils will be a better team this season than last (when they defeated Richlands) and GC may have the most balanced team in our area. They'll have a very strong kicking game, solid line, hard hitting defense, and a deep corp of running backs. I do think Richlands will be a good team - I'd rank them as a pre-season third in our area behind Clintwood & Gate City - but GC is the objective choice in this match-up.

I think most local highschool football prognosticators will give Gate City the edge in this game. The Blue Devils host at Legion Field (the biggest home field advantage in SWVA.) Also, the Devils will be a better team this season than last (when they defeated Richlands) and GC may have the most balanced team in our area. They'll have a very strong kicking game, solid line, hard hitting defense, and a deep corp of running backs. I do think Richlands will be a good team - I'd rank them as a pre-season third in our area behind Clintwood & Gate City - but GC is the objective choice in this match-up.

I just cant see Richlands behind Clintwood this year with what they return. I like to think of the game on the 27th the battle for 1st in SWVA.

Two good coaches, two good football towns (with fans out the ying), and tons of talent. What Friday nights are all about come this time of year. Will be a great game. I do believe Richland's is better than Clintwood and has a good chance to beat GC at Legion next week. All about turnovers. Good luck to both teams and no injuries.

I just cant see Richlands behind Clintwood this year with what they return. I like to think of the game on the 27th the battle for 1st in SWVA.

Did you get GC confused with Clintwood? Im a Clintwood fan,it would be great to see them play this year,they each play Powell Valley. Clintwood has Honaker tonight in a benefit game at Honaker.

No I did not get them confused but was replying to the post earlier in this topic which had Gate City number 1 Clintwood number 2 and Richlands Number 3 this year. My Opinion is Richlands and Gate City are both above Clintwood this year and thats not taking away from Clintwood but Richlands and Gate City are loaded. It would be nice to see a Richlands- Clintwood game sometime. Come playoff time I always support the local Southwest teams and wish only good things for Clintwood this year as well. One of the Mooney boys of the Late 70's Clintwood teams is one of my best friends and we always argue football this time of year. Unless two teams actually play opinions is all that you can have and you know what they say about opinions.

Did you get GC confused with Clintwood? Im a Clintwood fan,it would be great to see them play this year,they each play Powell Valley. Clintwood has Honaker tonight in a benefit game at Honaker.

No. I was referring to the same post Gizmo was talking about. I too would love to see GC and Clintwood play this year. I wish Clintwood had not dropped GC. It was a great game more years than not. I went to the State Championship game Clintwood played in 2008 and wore a Clintwood pullover. I pull for Clintwood in every game they play except when they would play GC.

No. I was referring to the same post Gizmo was talking about. I too would love to see GC and Clintwood play this year. I wish Clintwood had not dropped GC. It was a great game more years than not. I went to the State Championship game Clintwood played in 2008 and wore a Clintwood pullover. I pull for Clintwood in every game they play except when they would play GC.

We're all lucky to have good teams this year. There's no way of telling who's best without playing on the field like GC and Richlands will do. I'm like the others, I always pull for any of the teams around here especially come playoff time. I hope that GC & Clintwood both have great seasons, except for the first game for GC ....lol !