Richlands @ Gate City..........8 days!!

Nadoball

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I hope it is not true but a reliable souce says thats the way it looks. He has or had the potential to be an all stater. He has great hands and was never overthrown all year last year. He could have had a bigtime year this year with a quarterback thats got a big arm. No-one could guard him one on one. We have other playmakers but only Bradley can catch like Austin. And Austins return game was one of a kind around these parts.

Yea I hope it is not true but a reliable souce says thats the way it looks. He has or had the potential to be an all stater. He has great hands and was never overthrown all year last year. He could have had a bigtime year this year with a quarterback thats got a big arm. No-one could guard him one on one. We have other playmakers but only Bradley can catch like Austin. And Austins return game was one of a kind around these parts.

If there are any doubts at all I would rest him against GC. Still wont change the fact Richlands has more depth than GC and will still roll.

I agree. He should not test the leg even if its just a sprain and the Richlands depth is better this year. Cody Thomas looked pretty good last week at reciever, he did not drop any balls and is pretty quick. I thought both Quarterbacks looked equally well. If Devon is back then our run game is different than Gate City remembers from last year. Should be a heck of a game this friday and I hope no players from ethier side get hurt. I still believe Richlands will win a close game.

idk bout tooting alot, but you better hope we dont have alot to toot about. instead of 3 horns, we have 6 now.

I stopped by the horn keepers house last Sunday and let me tell you they are unreal! A lot louder than I ever imagined. He could sit up at the credit union and they would still sound louder on the field than they did last year with him sitting next to the field house!

I stopped by the horn keepers house last Sunday and let me tell you they are unreal! A lot louder than I ever imagined. He could sit up at the credit union and they would still sound louder on the field than they did last year with him sitting next to the field house!

Sounds like I should bring some ear plugs......just in case !

Bad day or crappy life? HAHA - hate to inform you neither actually - it just seems most here want to discredit Gate City's win last year in whatever manner suits them (turnovers, early in the season, too hot out, too windy, no yard sale to speak of over the P.A. system during breaks in the game - whatever works best) & pound their collective chests about how the Devils don't stand a chance come August 27th. I guess you could say it just gets old after a while listening to the same old diatribe. Who knows, maybe Richlands will come down and put a spanking on Gate City - it could go the other way just as easily though.

If Richlands had even a mediocre passing game last year they would have won the game. They didn't and they lost. I still believe that a few games into last year Richlands became the better of the two teams.

This year both QB's are pretty accurate throwing the ball. The running game, with Devon Johnson, should be much improved. I believe the combination will be too much for Gate City ...........Blues 35 GC 14

Congrats to the Tornados with an impressive win at GC. The Devils had practically no offense tonight and the Richlands line dominated late in the game. Dusty Clark did not play for GC and he would have made a difference, but not enough to win.

Richlands jammed the line and GC had no answers apparently we have no short passing plays. We did manage to try and throw several long throws for incompletions, but nothing in the short yardage arsenal.

Both defenses and the officials dominated the first half of play. GC picked off a tornado pass deep in the GC territory late in the half and returned it to about the 25yd line. For some reason down 3-0 GC went for it on 4th and 3 instead of kicking the FG.

The story of the game was the Richlands offensive and defensive lines. They pretty much dominated. I was disappointed with the final score, as i thought it was a little closer throughout, but the best team won and deserved the win. Good luck the rest of the way!

Dusty would've definitely made a difference, but not in the outcome. We were just outmanned at every position. Richlands honestly shouldn't lose a game through the region at least. I'd honestly hate to see the team that beats them. We didn't have a prayer. I don't think we ran more than 4 or 5 different plays all night.

I was surprised by the final score - I really thought that GC should have been the favorite going into the game. I'm certainly not a Devil fan but I can tell you that Dusty Clark is a special player and losing him had to make a significant difference. Richlands must have turned on the jets in the second h.alf! When they annouced the score at halftime at the game I attended - Richland 3 and Gate City 0 - a fan I was sitting near commented that the game was right in line with what most would have guessed.

I hope Dusty is ok to play the rest of the season

Congrats to the Tornados with an impressive win at GC. The Devils had practically no offense tonight and the Richlands line dominated late in the game. Dusty Clark did not play for GC and he would have made a difference, but not enough to win.

Richlands jammed the line and GC had no answers apparently we have no short passing plays. We did manage to try and throw several long throws for incompletions, but nothing in the short yardage arsenal.

Both defenses and the officials dominated the first half of play. GC picked off a tornado pass deep in the GC territory late in the half and returned it to about the 25yd line. For some reason down 3-0 GC went for it on 4th and 3 instead of kicking the FG.

The story of the game was the Richlands offensive and defensive lines. They pretty much dominated. I was disappointed with the final score, as i thought it was a little closer throughout, but the best team won and deserved the win. Good luck the rest of the way!

Thanks guys and very classy post ! You guys will be just fine when you get Dusty back.

You have a stout Defense and will dominate most of your games this year and hopefully the passing game will come around. Your probably not going to see many teams with the lines and linebackers that we have this year so your running game will be fine too.

I wish we would have had Austin tonight as he is such a big threat in our deep passing game and that helps opens up the short routes for the other guys. But we have some other receivers that can do the job.

I want to wish you guys a lot of luck for the rest of your season and I hope you bring back another state championship to SWVA !

I was surprised by the final score - I'm certainly not a Devil fan but I can tell you that Dusty Clark is a special player and losing him had to make a significant difference.

No doubt GC is a better team with him on the field, but he would have had to have wings to make a significant difference. Let's not forget Richlands had an all-state gamebreaker (Austin Johnson) sitting out or that Devon Johnson played less than half the game.

Edited by parsons