Jamboree vs Benefit Game

redtiger

Which would everyone rather watch and which to you think is the most beneficial to the teams involved?

I personally am a football fan more than a team fan and I love to watch jamborees, you get to see lots of teams and lots of different styles. Its just more interesting to me.

I also think it is better for the teams involved, for the same reasons I would rather watch a jamboree. A team cant just settle into running what works on offense and I think it gives the defense a look at a wider variety of offenses,

Benefit. I'm not a big fan of controlled scrimmages. A benefit is also better for the teams as Ernie Hicks Stadium will be packed tomorrrow night. Likely wouldn't be for a jamboree.

Benefit. Scrimmages are just practices against someone other than your own team. So are jamborees. Benefit games are "warm up" games with almost nearly the same rules as real games. Not even close in my book.

Benefit. I'm not a big fan of controlled scrimmages. A benefit is also better for the teams as Ernie Hicks Stadium will be packed tomorrrow night. Likely wouldn't be for a jamboree.

The Jamborees I have watched are just like regular football games not controlled scrimmages. The teams got 2 quarters to play their 1st teams and one to play the rest. I think the Jamborees are better so you play two teams instead of one. It does not matter how packed the stadium should be so long as the teams get what they need.

The Jamborees I have watched are just like regular football games not controlled scrimmages. The teams got 2 quarters to play their 1st teams and one to play the rest. I think the Jamborees are better so you play two teams instead of one. It does not matter how packed the stadium should be so long as the teams get what they need.

The Jamboree at Chilhowie was always like this too. Really just a benefit game split between two different teams each half. We usually had a bunch of B rated teams in there but it was always fun. One of the last years they had it, Giles came down and it was really fun to see them. I actually miss it though I appreciate the Benefit games too having played Abingdon and Tazewell, I wouldn't mind having another jamboree. Chilhowie has a decent field with decent seating to facilitate it.

BigD4VT "I'm not a big fan of controlled scrimmages. A benefit is also better for the teams as Ernie Hicks Stadium will be packed tomorrrow night. Likely wouldn't be for a jamboree."

To me a schrimmage is made up of 10 play series with the coaches on the field and is basically a multiple team practice, where first and second teamers all get to play. When I think jamboree I think of at least 3 teams all playing each other with each "game" lasting a half.

I really enjoyed the Jamboree we played in, it was Haysi Ervinton Pound and Clintwood. The only down side was that all of those teams played each other in the regular season.

I have never been to one but I have heard of jamborees where there are maybe 8 teams with each "game" only lasting a quarter, I dont like the idea of that

Edited by redtiger

Personally I like jamborees because you can get at least an idea of what to expect from each team involved for the upcoming season and to see what your team can do against different offensive and defensive formations. It's better for the teams in my opinion and it's a good way for coaches to prepare their players for the season. I realize that alot of times teams don't show alot during these type of scrimmages but it's still well worth it for the coaches and players and well worth the money for me to sit there and watch at least 5 or 6 hours of high school football plus each school involved gets a portion of the gate.

They dont do the same thing, tazewell is playing chilhowie friday right, Chilhowie runs the wishbone and some I (I think thats still their basic offense). That doesent at all prepare them to face richlands who runs the spread. I like jamborees because of the variety each team faces.

I like both. I think jamborees are great for the first scrimmage. You get to see several different offensive formations and defensive alignments from different teams and that can help evaluate your team and help them work on the different looks they will be getting.

Then, the week before the season starts, I like benefit games that are played like a real game to get your team ready for the start of the season. It puts them under a little more pressure and lets you know if your ready for the season.