Where is the G-Men vs Beaver Thread?

Bulldogs52

Thats a shocker for me to see Graham's LB's being that small, hopefully they can bring some wood because they have no size. Also Edwards is playing FB? I know that the G-men are running the option but what about blocking? IMO this would have been the year to implement the spread at Graham while you have a young team. As for the Graham/Beaver game, it's just not like it use to be. I'm sure it will be a close one this year not a blowout, but Graham will have to show a ton of heart, Bluefield doesn't really have the stand out playmaker that they usually have but im sure Simon has a very stout backfield as usual. Goodluck to both teams tommorrow night

Not a blowout, but I believe Graham gains experience to prepare them for the rest of the schedule. I expect them to perform like last year-a few beatings in the beginning, but a solid showing when the district schedule starts, probably second or more likely third.

Thats a shocker for me to see Graham's LB's being that small, hopefully they can bring some wood because they have no size. Also Edwards is playing FB? I know that the G-men are running the option but what about blocking? IMO this would have been the year to implement the spread at Graham while you have a young team. As for the Graham/Beaver game, it's just not like it use to be. I'm sure it will be a close one this year not a blowout, but Graham will have to show a ton of heart, Bluefield doesn't really have the stand out playmaker that they usually have but im sure Simon has a very stout backfield as usual. Goodluck to both teams tommorrow night

Edwards will block and hit you hard he has been lifting all offseason and he is a very stout 162! hes got great speed, strength, and a ton of heart! This kid is gonna be a great player for graham! Especially his senior year after he gets all this playing time this year!

Edwards will block and hit you hard he has been lifting all offseason and he is a very stout 162! hes got great speed, strength, and a ton of heart!

I always find this kind of post interesting... as if they haven't been lifting all offseason at Bluefield and every other high school that takes football serious. as if those same players on the other side of the field don't have speed, strength, and heart.

I don't doubt that he's been lifting all offseason and is a stout 162. I don't doubt that he's got great speed, strength, and a ton of heart. however, what I do doubt is that he'll be lining up against guys that don't posses those same attributes. I'll take a Sr with speed, strength, and heart, that has been lifting all offseason and is a stout 195 - 215 any day... I'm just saying when all things are equal, when 160 meets 200, it's usually pretty ugly.

If these two guys are starting at linebacker for Graham, I'd be concerned. I know a smaller lb corps equiped with more speed than size can surprise some people when it comes to battling with the opposing offensive line (ie, WVU linebackers vs. Oklahoma OL in Fiesta Bowl), but these two guys barely weighing 160 going against the likes of Ferguson and Brooks on Bluefield's OL doesn't look to be too promising.

That being said, I think Bluefield runs a lot for a lot, throw a little for a lot, and gives up a couple big plays on D, all leading to a considerable margin of victory for the Beavers.