Grundy vs Twin Valley pics...

Lance

Link to pics:

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo63/swvasports/2010%20Football/Week%201%20Grundy%20vs%20Twin%20Valley/?start=all

Wave looked good tonight...new jerseys and a golden boot showed up....Grundy still not hitting 100% yet in sync...looking pretty good though overall.

I took about 200 pics, about half were blurry...tried a lot of new things this week, so I apologize to those who might have wanted some better pics this week. I am still trying to figure out my camera and how to get better pics...the only way I can experiment is during the game due to lighting and player movement....so as a result i got a lot of crappy pics this week...sorry guys.

A few did turn out...here are a some random shots from Week 1:

First things first...once again...the man...the legend...Bull Bevins...Grundy's greatest citizen....ever.

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

Fumble....

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

edit: Nick Travis...lol.

IMG_1898.jpg

Zebras...

IMG_1869.jpg

and the notorious golden boot...

IMG_1866.jpg

Nice pics. Looks like Grundy got off to a good start. Too bad their in the same district as Richlands. To beat Gate City 31-0 at Gate City is mighty impressive. I'm a Clintwood fan,and we have a decent team ,we might hang close with Gate City but to shut them out 31-0 would take a herioc effort on our part. Richlands must be loaded this year and highly motivated. Just curios, when was the last time Grundy made it to the playoffs? I hear Grundy has a tremendous wrestling program and are good every year. You guys came over and scrimmaged us early this year. Your Qb, Rife looked pretty good,how did he do last night?

I met Bull a few years ago at a game (grundy v haysi @ grundy, we beat you all pretty bad that night), hes seemed to be a good man. Came over and talked to me like I was a guest at his house, not just someone watching a football game

Nice pics. Looks like Grundy got off to a good start. Too bad their in the same district as Richlands. To beat Gate City 31-0 at Gate City is mighty impressive. I'm a Clintwood fan,and we have a decent team ,we might hang close with Gate City but to shut them out 31-0 would take a herioc effort on our part. Richlands must be loaded this year and highly motivated. Just curios, when was the last time Grundy made it to the playoffs? I hear Grundy has a tremendous wrestling program and are good every year. You guys came over and scrimmaged us early this year. Your Qb, Rife looked pretty good,how did he do last night?

Grundy made the playoffs. Last year... And yes the wrestling team is amazing too many state titles to mention

I met Bull a few years ago at a game (grundy v haysi @ grundy, we beat you all pretty bad that night), hes seemed to be a good man. Came over and talked to me like I was a guest at his house, not just someone watching a football game

Bull is great...

When I had him in school, he drove a bus and taught History...I had him first period and he would send me out to his bus to get the Bristol paper and his lunch, which was a bananna and mayonaise sandwich...and a TAB from the Coke machines by the gym.

I would of course go play basketball in the gym for the entire period then go grab his stuff and show up right before 1st period was over...he would ask where the hell I had been...I told him it was a long walk to the bus...lol....he would say "BS"...next day we would repeat the process lol....wasn't every day, but it was often.

Then one day in practice he was coaching the D-Line for Grundy at the time...we had about 100 kids on the team that year...Bull was trying to tell us to keep our heads up and how not to get hurt and all that...gets side tracked on how strong his neck was...lol...made the entire D-Line group line up in a single file line and feel his neck/shoulders...lol...so Coach Curia was the coach at the time before Rowe took over...walks by and see's everyone lined up to feel Bull's neck and is like WTF? He just stood there with this look on his face...Bull is like "my neck is sore, just needed a massage"...Coach Curia just walked away shaking his head....we were 0-10 that year lol.

Good pics Lance ! Congrats to Grundy on their win last night. looks like Grundy is going to have a good season. It could just happen that both teams might end up 9 & 0 by the time that last game rolls around !

But that's getting ahead of ourselves, still a lot of football still to go and a lot that can still happen. Still fun to think about though, especially since this is gonna be the last time they play each other as part of the SWD.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Good pics Lance ! Congrats to Grundy on their win last night. looks like Grundy is going to have a good season. It could just happen that both teams might end up 9 & 0 by the time that last game rolls around !

But that's getting ahead of ourselves, still a lot of football still to go and a lot that can still happen. Still fun to think about though, especially since this is gonna be the last time they play each other as part of the SWD.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Grundy is improving every time I see them play...you see them doing the little things better...which is good...not so much in blowing out TV, but just the basics...the good thing about a game like this is that they went out and did what they were expected to do...and that's all you can ask. They have a long way to go, and they play 4 straight SWD games before they get Richlands in the last week...right now they have to get past East Ridge this week...so we will worry about that one for now.

Good picks Lance, on one you put up "Mr. 3 TDs Berg" are you sure that is not a pic of Nick Travis? One of them is 21 and one of them is 24 and there about the same size, the only reason I ask is because I thought Nick wore the black stuff on his wrist last night...could be dead wrong not totally sure.

Can't really give a opinion on last night since TV is prob the worst team in the state, or at least one of them. Im intrested in next weeks game aganist East Ridge. I know there Ky team who is big basketball school but they are getting a little better every year and I heard they have improved from last year team, who beat a pretty decent Hurley team and didn't play us too bad. Does anybody info on how they looked aganist Haysi? I heard they looked alot better than Haysi but I wasan't there.

I know Grundy has always been know as a run it down your throat team, I don't see that working so good in SWD play. The line don't have the size as Richlands and Graham does, and there running game went down big time last year when they started district play. I really do like the passing game though, John Kelly already has 3 years down as a startin QB and is in his senior year and he has alot weapons. Ben Rife has some good size on him a very good hands, Cody Justus has a hurt wrist but hes a tough WR with good hands and very hard tackle, he can take a hit as well. Dillon Oakwind is tall and is prob the fastest kid on the team, great deep threat. If the line can give John some time I think they can find alot of success throwing the ball.

My prediction is at the end of the regular season Grundys record will be 7-3

well grundy not played anyone yet they will get there test this friday the ky. team i seen in the teco bowl game looked good and as for the hurley team they will give grundy all they want hurley looks like they have a big line speed and passing i wish grundy and hurley a good season

well grundy not played anyone yet they will get there test this friday the ky. team i seen in the teco bowl game looked good and as for the hurley team they will give grundy all they want hurley looks like they have a big line speed and passing i wish grundy and hurley a good season

Clintwood and Pikeville are a couple of pushovers...you are right...haven't played anyone yet.

I'm sure Ervinton was a real challenge for Hurley.

Clintwood and Pikeville are a couple of pushovers...you are right...haven't played anyone yet.

I'm sure Ervinton was a real challenge for Hurley.

Hurley will have to bring their A game to beat Grundy....I hope they can keep it close. I cant believe they run it up on TV like that. I hope for a good game at the cliff.

that game was over in the first hurley have not played anyone yet either clintwood is not a power house like they was and they still out scored grundy a bunch of tds and pikeville is almost the weakest team in ky its this way grundy is not going anywhere and also hurley but grundy @ hurley it will be a good game ... grundy will get there first setback this friday

Hurley will have to bring their A game to beat Grundy....I hope they can keep it close. I cant believe they run it up on TV like that. I hope for a good game at the cliff.

hard not to score when you start out in the red zone every time...if Grundy wanted to run the score up on TV they could have hung 100+ on them...the last TD was on an INT.

that game was over in the first hurley have not played anyone yet either clintwood is not a power house like they was and they still out scored grundy a bunch of tds and pikeville is almost the weakest team in ky its this way grundy is not going anywhere and also hurley but grundy @ hurley it will be a good game ... grundy will get there first setback this friday

We will find out soon enough :)

East Ridge is improved but it is hard to gauge their win over Shelby Valley. SV was depleted due to graduation and East Ridge was bound to beat them one time.(East Ridge had never beat them until Fri.) Grundy has been more tested this season with Clintwood and Pikeville with TV being the weak link. Hurley has beat all three teams they have played but I believe they may get a little more of a test this Fri. with St. Paul. Lance, don't take this the wrong way but Grundy may end up with Ervington on their schedule because it is dang hard to get teams from the LPD,CMD, just to name a few, to travel to Buch. Co.

...right now they have to get past East Ridge this week...so we will worry about that one for now.

If Grundys D linemen will stay low and hold C gap its over, East Ridge did 2 things, run in C gap and throw the ball to the FB in the flats. THATS IT! 3 formations, but only 5 run plays, ALL IN C GAP!!!

East Ridge is improved but it is hard to gauge their win over Shelby Valley. SV was depleted due to graduation and East Ridge was bound to beat them one time.(East Ridge had never beat them until Fri.) Grundy has been more tested this season with Clintwood and Pikeville with TV being the weak link. Hurley has beat all three teams they have played but I believe they may get a little more of a test this Fri. with St. Paul. Lance, don't take this the wrong way but Grundy may end up with Ervington on their schedule because it is dang hard to get teams from the LPD,CMD, just to name a few, to travel to Buch. Co.

we talked about this back when the whole drop to A thing was being debated...it's not going to be easy to get a full schedule...they will end up taking who they can get. All I was saying is that Hurley didn't get any more of a test than Grundy did this past week.

If Grundys D linemen will stay low and hold C gap its over, East Ridge did 2 things, run in C gap and throw the ball to the FB in the flats. THATS IT! 3 formations, but only 5 run plays, ALL IN C GAP!!!

ok.

I have become a fan of Grundy. They are doing everything possible to get better. I picked them as a sleeper to finish second in the SWD this year in a office bet. I like what they are doing and see marked improvement in recent years. They just have to keep working hard and good things will happen this year. They will drop next year but "mark my words" have "potential" to suprise some folks. Keep pluggin fellas. I like the G-Men but will cheer for the Wave this year and catch some games. They opitimize what hard work will do this year. I just have a gut feeling. Don't know why, just feel that way.

BTW Bull is a fine fellow, first class guy.

Edited by YOTD

you know lance, that post you made about bull sending you out to get his lunch reminded me of when i had him in class. He would send me and another boy out to sweep his bus every other day, get him a cup of ice, we would take like 5 minutes to sweep the bus, then go play basketball for the res of the class, with just enough time to bring him his ice. lol, miss those days, but anyways.

Glad to see grundy doing good, diggin' the new jerseys, loved the pics, and wtf is up with the gold boot???

Couldnt make the game cause of work, but i'm planning on making the next home game.

same here me and Josh Lindsay every morning freshman year in first block went to the cafeteria to fill up bulls big Tennessee Jug with ice and then get him his Diet rite, and watch him eat those god forsaken awful sandwiches

you know lance, that post you made about bull sending you out to get his lunch reminded me of when i had him in class. He would send me and another boy out to sweep his bus every other day, get him a cup of ice, we would take like 5 minutes to sweep the bus, then go play basketball for the res of the class, with just enough time to bring him his ice. lol, miss those days, but anyways.

Glad to see grundy doing good, diggin' the new jerseys, loved the pics, and wtf is up with the gold boot???

Couldnt make the game cause of work, but i'm planning on making the next home game.

catch up with me at the game man...i'll be over on the visitors side taking pics again unless its raining...then i'll be up there on the Wave side.

same here me and Josh Lindsay every morning freshman year in first block went to the cafeteria to fill up bulls big Tennessee Jug with ice and then get him his Diet rite, and watch him eat those god forsaken awful sandwiches

I bet he was sad the day they stopped putting TAB in the Coke machines lol...they still sell that stuff at Kroger...I should get him a 12 pack and take it to him...lol.

Was he still eating the bananna sandwiches when you had him? man i figured those would get old after 20 years LOL.

Bull is great...love him to death.

I must have missed something, when did Hurley become such a big power house in SWVA football?

I wasn't saying Hurley was a power house it's just nobody likes to travel to Hurley. I think you should travel past Shortt's Gap because the world doesn't end at the top of the mtn.

catch up with me at the game man...i'll be over on the visitors side taking pics again unless its raining...then i'll be up there on the Wave side.

I bet he was sad the day they stopped putting TAB in the Coke machines lol...they still sell that stuff at Kroger...I should get him a 12 pack and take it to him...lol.

Was he still eating the bananna sandwiches when you had him? man i figured those would get old after 20 years LOL.

Bull is great...love him to death.

When I was in high school, I used to lift weights everyday and thought I had a pretty good sized calf but ole Bull put me in my place. I was throwing shot and disc and Bull walked up to me and said "that's a pretty good size calf for a boy" then he flexed his big calf and it looked like a cantalope.