Grundy/Hurley Recap

swvasport_7

Just so you know, Coach Plymal is the one responsible for most of the offensive decisions that were made. So you can put his name on that award.

Congrats to Grundy. The Wave were more physical but I don't think faster than Hurley. The Rebels what can I say, you guys flat out quit in the mid 3rd quarter. PERIOD!!!! I don't won't to hear any crap saying you didn't or you couldn't do any better or any other lame ass excuses.

On a side note, I like to give Greg Rowe the humanitarian award. Ole' Greg kicked an onside kick with a 21 point lead, then when no huddle when it was 50 something to 14 to score again and never took the first string out with the lone exception of Tanner Marshall.

I know Hurley's defense should have stopped the scoring but I would have liked to seen Hurley and Grundy's 9th. and 10th graders get a little action instead of watching the crap I was watching.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much congrats to Grundy!! Glad to see em back on track. When was the last time you guys started 3-0?? Not being an ass, just asking. Cant wait to see how you guys do in district play.

Actually last year lol, Grundy was 4-0 when Marion came here for Homecoming and we had the lead in the game with like 50 secs left in the 4th and Marion had long kick return and long QB scramble to score the go ahead TD with 15 secs left. But I see what your saying.

As for the people complaining about the score, don't blame it on the coaches...they players really wanted to stay in the whole game. Yeah Coach Rowe, and Compton and Pylmal could have pulled them but with what this Senior crew of boys have went thru the past years and sticked it out and worked hard all the way you owe them something. Word was Hurley talked alot of trash online thru topixs and MSN and all that to the Grundy players and they didn't really like it, they was wanting to send a msg. Not saying all that is true but thats what I heard all week.

Actually last year lol, Grundy was 4-0 when Marion came here for Homecoming and we had the lead in the game with like 50 secs left in the 4th and Marion had long kick return and long QB scramble to score the go ahead TD with 15 secs left. But I see what your saying.

As for the people complaining about the score, don't blame it on the coaches...they players really wanted to stay in the whole game. Yeah Coach Rowe, and Compton and Pylmal could have pulled them but with what this Senior crew of boys have went thru the past years and sticked it out and worked hard all the way you owe them something. Word was Hurley talked alot of trash online thru topixs and MSN and all that to the Grundy players and they didn't really like it, they was wanting to send a msg. Not saying all that is true but thats what I heard all week.

Internet will be the death of kids thes days.....

I'm picking up what you are laying down. Oh yea, I love the mullet on your profile. I had one of those back in the day, now it looks like I got the mange. lol

thats Lance Branham with the Mullet if you are talking about the old football pics...I have never been able to grow one with any success...I have tried to and failed...how sad is that ? lol. I have a pic somewhere of the greatest mullet in Buchanan County if I can find it I will post it up for you.

thats Lance Branham with the Mullet if you are talking about the old football pics...I have never been able to grow one with any success...I have tried to and failed...how sad is that ? lol. I have a pic somewhere of the greatest mullet in Buchanan County if I can find it I will post it up for you.

Justine Dotson "Doobie" rocked the mullet to Lance.

I wasn't there, and I'm really glad to see Grundy playing very good football now, but, it seems ( if true ) that they are up by as much as it looks like they were, that the coach could have played the younger kids and get them some playing time.

They work hard all week and help the team prepare for the game. They are also your future and need as much time on the field as possible. You hate to see a chance to get them on the field wasted like that. And it's good to show a little respect for the team you are thumping, sometime or another that could come back around.

But either way....congrats Grundy on a good win.

But it's just my opionion.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

hey is lance still down in the grundy way?i used to wrk with him and was just wondering where he was now.litl info would be great.

hey is lance still down in the grundy way?i used to wrk with him and was just wondering where he was now.litl info would be great.

yeah...his daughter is a cheerleader at grundy...so he's usually at all of the games.

I wasn't there, and I'm really glad to see Grundy playing very good football now, but, it seems ( if true ) that they are up by as much as it looks like they were, that the coach could have played the younger kids and get them some playing time.

They work hard all week and help the team prepare for the game. They are also your future and need as much time on the field as possible. You hate to see a chance to get them on the field wasted like that. And it's good to show a little respect for the team you are thumping, sometime or another that could come back around.

But either way....congrats Grundy on a good win.

But it's just my opionion.

Grundy did sub in, dont let these people fool you...it's not as bad as they are making it out to be...just some hurt feelings if you cant tell from the other posts.

Grundy did sub in, dont let these people fool you...it's not as bad as they are making it out to be...just some hurt feelings if you cant tell from the other posts.

Yea, I saw the other post.

That's why I shouldn't have posted anything. I wasn't there so i shouldn't has posted on that.

Good lesson to learn. If your not there, you really don't know what happen.

i think you are telling a big lie they may of put 1 in and thats it but it dont matter that show what crappy low down coaches you all have nothing against the boys just the coaches ..its comeing back around next fall its all over its time to get back to football we have east ridge next week hope everyone is over there stomach sickness by then it really hit us hard that slow us way down hurley is a better team than that and everyone from grundy knows that to.. grundy and hurley needs to pull for one another now they won and hats off to them grundy needs to get ready for haysi and hurley needs to get ready for eastridge

Now now Lance, my nephew plays on the team, and starts, and he along with another of his friend agreed with me on the subbing. I asked him again today to make sure I didn't make an incorrect statement.

Lance I always try to respect all your post and the things you do for the forum but you are in the wrong with your response to Bigrhsfan.

Romeo 37 you need to lay down, there is no excuses other they just quit. Stomach virus or no stomach virus doesn't give them the right to "bend over" if you now what I mean.

Now now Lance, my nephew plays on the team, and starts, and he along with another of his friend agreed with me on the subbing. I asked him again today to make sure I didn't make an incorrect statement.

Lance I always try to respect all your post and the things you do for the forum but you are in the wrong with your response to Bigrhsfan.

Romeo 37 you need to lay down, there is no excuses other they just quit. Stomach virus or no stomach virus doesn't give them the right to "bend over" if you now what I mean.

I wasn't referring to your post, more so the romeo37 with the hurt feelings comment.

Grundy did sub in and moved a lot of kids around to different positions to try them out...they had kids that ran the ball later in the game against Hurley that had never touched the ball all year...thats a fact. They also rotated kids in and out, even if there wasn't a mass exodus of 1st team to 2nd team.

Yeah, they could have let the JV play the 4th quarter...but, oh well...they had other things to work on.

The only thing I really thought was kinda dumb is that they left Cody Justus in with a broken arm...I would have pulled him at some point to keep him from maybe getting injured agian.

28-6 at the half is not where you call off the dogs...all I'm saying is that it's not as bad as the other guy is trying to make it out to be. Also, Grundy did not get much work on offense last week against East Ridge...I think they only ran 22 plays and most of those were at the end of the game to run out the clock...so they have to take advantage of situations like this to work on things as needed...the rest of the season ahead and the SWD games that are soon to be here are bigger than the Hurley game...sorry.

I wasn't referring to your post, more so the romeo37 with the hurt feelings comment.

Grundy did sub in and moved a lot of kids around to different positions to try them out...they had kids that ran the ball later in the game against Hurley that had never touched the ball all year...thats a fact. They also rotated kids in and out, even if there wasn't a mass exodus of 1st team to 2nd team.

Yeah, they could have let the JV play the 4th quarter...but, oh well...they had other things to work on.

The only thing I really thought was kinda dumb is that they left Cody Justus in with a broken arm...I would have pulled him at some point to keep him from maybe getting injured agian.

28-6 at the half is not where you call off the dogs...all I'm saying is that it's not as bad as the other guy is trying to make it out to be. Also, Grundy did not get much work on offense last week against East Ridge...I think they only ran 22 plays and most of those were at the end of the game to run out the clock...so they have to take advantage of situations like this to work on things as needed...the rest of the season ahead and the SWD games that are soon to be here are bigger than the Hurley game...sorry.

Fair enough.

I got a question, was you surprised by the Haysi/Giles score? I know Giles lost some big guys and a few skill people but I didn't think they would have to play from behind to beat Haysi.

There is always some mysterious sickness affecting hurley when they lose(same excuse last year when haysi beat them)

as far as Haysi v Giles Haysi played almost the perfect game, very few penalties and only 1(?) turnover. I bet both teams had 450+ yards of offense, crazy game

Fair enough.

I got a question, was you surprised by the Haysi/Giles score? I know Giles lost some big guys and a few skill people but I didn't think they would have to play from behind to beat Haysi.

Giles is down from usual from what i've heard...sounds to me like it was one of those games where whoever gets the ball last wins. Grundy has a great D this year so I think it will be a different story next week...if not, then we can score some points if it's a shoot out.

With a BYE week after this, Grundy doesn't want to overlook Haysi...this is the type of game that can creep up and bite you in the rear if you don't watch.

sounds me like both teams dont have any DEFENSE i dont really know.. what do i know that was a high score on both teams that always indicates no D thats what i always thought anyway james always comes up with a good team he is one of the best coaches in virginia

The defense was suspect for both teams, but both offenses did a great job. I personally have never watched a game like it. Ive seen high school shootouts but usually someone pulls away at the end. Haysi had 1 posession where the starting QB was out and I really believe that cost them the game

It was prob the best called offensive game (for Haysi) I have seen since '05 vs Powell Valley, Giles was off balance the whole night.

Edited by redtiger

There is always some mysterious sickness affecting hurley when they lose(same excuse last year when haysi beat them)

as far as Haysi v Giles Haysi played almost the perfect game, very few penalties and only 1(?) turnover. I bet both teams had 450+ yards of offense, crazy game

there was not any sickness on the team. Grundy beat us in every aspect of the game. congrats to Grundy.