Abingdon vs Richlands 8th Grade

BigO

27-6 Abingdon....maybe a sign of things to come in 3-4 years if Richlands doesn't go around recruiting like they are a freakin college. Would have been much much worse had the coach not started putting subs in in the 1st quarter.

27-6 Abingdon....maybe a sign of things to come in 3-4 years if Richlands doesn't go around recruiting like they are a freakin college. Would have been much much worse had the coach not started putting subs in in the 1st quarter.

I have no affiliation with either school but the whole Richlands recruits topic is jus getting too damn old! Lay off of it already and lets have something better to talk about. PLEASE!

Or, just don't read it.

Hard not to read it when you have tried to hijack every thread you posted in with that crap. You have just 7 posts and looks like your only purpose for registering here is to cry a river of how Richlands recruits. I am very sorry no one wants to play for or give two shits about Abingdon. Does baby want a baba? Oochiegoochiegoo! Does lil baby need its diaper changed?

the difference is winning in 8th grade vs. learning in 8th grade....Grundy had an 8th grade team that went for years doing nothing but winning...the kids didn't learn much and it ran off a lot of kids by the time it was all said and done...there was nothing to show for it at the High School level...sure you had some good kids and good teams along the way, but nothing that equated out to the 8th grade wins...most of the kids didn't learn the basics that they needed.

Richlands has a program in place that breeds high school football players...winning at 8th grade is probably not high on the "to do" list I am guessing.

I'm beginning to think that instead of the wine and cheese crowd, they are the wine and tears crowd....

And your right Lance about 8th grade. You can't project how kids will do that far in the future. You will have some kids that mature faster then others, some will quit and some that are not very good right now but will become good players. Plus you also have the kids that will come in front of and behind the team that will make a difference.

8th grade should be about learning the basics of football and having fun !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Wow, the maturity level, or lack thereof, is insane on here. First, when you have to cuss to make your point then you immediately lose any credibility you might have had. Shows nothing but a lack of intelligence. Second, I find it ironic that whenever RHS posters make a comment about Abingdon everyone outside of Abingdon suddenly become sheep and agree. Yet, let a RHS poster say something about their hometown team and they get offended. Does everyone on here that lives outside of Abingdon have "town envy"? If you dish it out then you need to be able to take it as well...that's why this is a "public" forum. Lastly, swvaoutdoors, I have made 2 comments about the recruiting and it apparently hit a nerve with you...wow, a little touchy huh? Speaking of babies....the best part of you is still running down your momma's leg.

the difference is winning in 8th grade vs. learning in 8th grade....Grundy had an 8th grade team that went for years doing nothing but winning...the kids didn't learn much and it ran off a lot of kids by the time it was all said and done...there was nothing to show for it at the High School level...sure you had some good kids and good teams along the way, but nothing that equated out to the 8th grade wins...most of the kids didn't learn the basics that they needed.

Richlands has a program in place that breeds high school football players...winning at 8th grade is probably not high on the "to do" list I am guessing.

I remember those Grundy 8th-grade teams. Put the fear of God in you as a middle school player.

High school, not so much. It's like they all peaked awfully early...

Wow, the maturity level, or lack thereof, is insane on here. First, when you have to cuss to make your point then you immediately lose any credibility you might have had. Shows nothing but a lack of intelligence. Second, I find it ironic that whenever RHS posters make a comment about Abingdon everyone outside of Abingdon suddenly become sheep and agree. Yet, let a RHS poster say something about their hometown team and they get offended. Does everyone on here that lives outside of Abingdon have "town envy"? If you dish it out then you need to be able to take it as well...that's why this is a "public" forum. Lastly, swvaoutdoors, I have made 2 comments about the recruiting and it apparently hit a nerve with you...wow, a little touchy huh? Speaking of babies....the best part of you is still running down your momma's leg.

You have me in tears! Damn good thing I was not drinking anything when I read the part of the best thing of me! I must be doing great if thats the best part of me! I admit you got me and I have no comeback nor am I mad over that comment. I like to have a little fun on here at times and this one has been fun. But it does get old coming here having to wade through all the Richlands does this or that comments to read actuall good posts. You have not been the only one to post such comments and wont be the last. Everyone does know Richlands gets a lot of good transfers some years but that is not what makes them good. They are good because they live and breath football. They work very hard in the offseason to be good. They also have a great feeder program. When you have success in a sport kids will come to your school to become a part of that success. I doubt the coaches have to do anything to lure those kids there. Best thing other schools need to do is not cry about it but work harder and become better. Since Gate City and Richlands started playing again in 2001 both have 5 wins against the other. When GC loses to Richlands you will not hear GC say only reason RHS won was because the Tornados recruit. We always say the better team won and keep working hard so we can come back the next year and have a great game with a possible victory. Richlands has a damn good program. If you take away the transfers they do have this year I could still see them going 10-0.

That's fine, give those 8th graders time. However, Abingdon's JV was taken to the woodshed. 62-12, could have been worse, Abingdon's coach asked for the quaters to be shortened to 8 minutes and a running clock in the 2nd half.

8th grade success probably isn't a good indicator for future success. The 2006 senior class at Richlands that won a state title, only won a single game in 8th grade. So, don't hang your hat on that evaluation.

You have me in tears! Damn good thing I was not drinking anything when I read the part of the best thing of me! I must be doing great if thats the best part of me! I admit you got me and I have no comeback nor am I mad over that comment. I like to have a little fun on here at times and this one has been fun. But it does get old coming here having to wade through all the Richlands does this or that comments to read actuall good posts. You have not been the only one to post such comments and wont be the last. Everyone does know Richlands gets a lot of good transfers some years but that is not what makes them good. They are good because they live and breath football. They work very hard in the offseason to be good. They also have a great feeder program. When you have success in a sport kids will come to your school to become a part of that success. I doubt the coaches have to do anything to lure those kids there. Best thing other schools need to do is not cry about it but work harder and become better. Since Gate City and Richlands started playing again in 2001 both have 5 wins against the other. When GC loses to Richlands you will not hear GC say only reason RHS won was because the Tornados recruit. We always say the better team won and keep working hard so we can come back the next year and have a great game with a possible victory. Richlands has a damn good program. If you take away the transfers they do have this year I could still see them going 10-0.

Let's call a truce. Seriously. Since I am so new I didn't know that the "recruit" thing had been rehashed over and over again. I feel certain that Richlands has a phenomenal team, seriously. Do I also think that in about 3-4 years Abingdon will be looking good? Yep, I do. We will be much more competitive in the years to come...and I am sure Richlands will continue to be competitive as well. It will make for some great football and that's what all of us really want, right? Best of luck to Richlands and we will see you guys Friday night.

I disagreee that 8th grade success is not an indicator of things to come, if certain things come to pass. Things such as: the team staying together throughout, good coaching, etc. I am a realist and i know that Abingdon is not considered a "football school" but I think that if this 8th grade team sticks together they could be really special. This team has the best group of athletes at all positions that I have witnessed at Abingdon. Maybe they could help change the labels and monikers that have been attached to Falcon football.

Let's call a truce. Seriously. Since I am so new I didn't know that the "recruit" thing had been rehashed over and over again. I feel certain that Richlands has a phenomenal team, seriously. Do I also think that in about 3-4 years Abingdon will be looking good? Yep, I do. We will be much more competitive in the years to come...and I am sure Richlands will continue to be competitive as well. It will make for some great football and that's what all of us really want, right? Best of luck to Richlands and we will see you guys Friday night.

A truce it is. As for you believing Abingdon will be good that is great. If no one believed in their team then what is the use in watching them? You can tell Abingdon has improved a lot from last year. Norton is no slouch and the Falcons played within a 2 point conversion of sending that game to OT.

I disagreee that 8th grade success is not an indicator of things to come, if certain things come to pass. Things such as: the team staying together throughout, good coaching, etc. I am a realist and i know that Abingdon is not considered a "football school" but I think that if this 8th grade team sticks together they could be really special. This team has the best group of athletes at all positions that I have witnessed at Abingdon. Maybe they could help change the labels and monikers that have been attached to Falcon football.

One of the best 8th grade teams I ever saw was last years Princeton WV team. They came down and put the beat down on Gate City's 8th grade team that was undefeated in VA. I dont know why Princeton cant do well in High School as well as those 8th grade kids are coached. Those kids really knew their stuff!

Couldn't agree more!

One of the best 8th grade teams I ever saw was last years Princeton WV team. They came down and put the beat down on Gate City's 8th grade team that was undefeated in VA. I dont know why Princeton cant do well in High School as well as those 8th grade kids are coached. Those kids really knew their stuff!

Plain and simple...coaching, or lack thereof at the high school level.

Princeton could be a major player in WV AAA if they had a head coach that had a clue. Everyone around here has known that to be the case for a long time...

Sounds like the 8th grade coaches need to be the Varsity coaches. Those kids were very fundamental last year. Espeacially being in the 8th grade.

That's what the Princeton folks have been saying for a long time...they want to get rid of the Varsity coach as bad as anybody but they can't seem to extricate him from the position...

My point exactly, there are too many variables between 8th grade and varsity to automatically infer that you will have a great program 3-4 years from now. Like I spoke of in my first post, it possible for a crappy 8th grade team to win state at the varsity level. But, I guess Abingdon should a least look on the bright side of things...............always the glass is half full not half empty........