Why is the Tech defense the only one having these such meetings?

Bluefield_Rules

If it doesn't, you'll be lucky to win 6 games. I'm serious, you all should come out with cannons blazing Saturday.

Hell, with Stinespring running the O, we'll be lucky to win 6 games even if the defense does show up...

Lock bet of the week...ECU +19.5...book it!!!

http://www2.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline_ncaaf.html

VT will be lucky to score 20 points vs. ECU...in three games with Stinespring as OC, VT has averaged 18.3 pts/game vs. ECU...

Hell, with Stinespring running the O, we'll be lucky to win 6 games even if the defense does show up...

Lock bet of the week...ECU +19.5...book it!!!

http://www2.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline_ncaaf.html

VT will be lucky to score 20 points vs. ECU...in three games with Stinespring as OC, VT has averaged 18.3 pts/game vs. ECU...

No way we score 20 points. ECU +19.5 all day. I'm saying that final will be Tech 17, ECU 13.

If Stinespring every did decide to hold a meeting with the offense it would go like this. "Now guys, I know that you are working really hard and out there. Just keep working hard and win or lose we know that we are winners in our hearts. Tyrod, you just keep scrambling and gain those two yards instead of hitting Danny Coale over the middle for about 20. Let's go offense" (Feminine voice included)

No way we score 20 points. ECU +19.5 all day. I'm saying that final will be Tech 17, ECU 13.

I revise this. We're going to have to score more than 20. ECU's offense will put up at least that much. I forgot that they play that Mike Leach-esque offense.

There's too much that this Tech team has to figure out to be able to roll over ECU. I expect another tight game, but we should get the W. Should.

3 Things we need on Saturday:

-O-line playing closer to an acceptable level. It doesn't have to be an extraordinary performance, doesn't even have to be acceptable.... Just closer to acceptable than they have been playing.

-Interception. This defense could use the confidence to know that they can get the ball back, forced or not.

-D line pressure. Get to the QB, fellas.

I don't know if there is such thing, but ECU on Saturday is what I would consider a rebuilding game. We have to take this opportunity to refocus and get back to some semblance of our "typical" play, whatever that is.

I revise this. We're going to have to score more than 20. ECU's offense will put up at least that much. I forgot that they play that Mike Leach-esque offense.

There's too much that this Tech team has to figure out to be able to roll over ECU. I expect another tight game, but we should get the W. Should.

3 Things we need on Saturday:

-O-line playing closer to an acceptable level. It doesn't have to be an extraordinary performance, doesn't even have to be acceptable.... Just closer to acceptable than they have been playing.

-Interception. This defense could use the confidence to know that they can get the ball back, forced or not.

-D line pressure. Get to the QB, fellas.

I don't know if there is such thing, but ECU on Saturday is what I would consider a rebuilding game. We have to take this opportunity to refocus and get back to some semblance of our "typical" play, whatever that is.

Virginia Tech is starting to remind me of the Texas A&M teams from the late 90's and early 2000's under R.C. Slocum that put a ton of guys into the NFL but always managed four of five losses every year and lost most of their bowl games.

Edited by bhs7695

Not to get of the subject but:

Hey UVAObserver great choice the hoos made for the HC job. I watched most of the USC game and found myself truly impressed with the FIRE from the Cav players. I will be following UVA this year to see if the new attitude maintains. Wishing you guys a good year!

Not to get of the subject but:

Hey UVAObserver great choice the hoos made for the HC job. I watched most of the USC game and found myself truly impressed with the FIRE from the Cav players. I will be following UVA this year to see if the new attitude maintains. Wishing you guys a good year!

Thank you very much! I, too, was surprised with the fire and passion they came out with on Saturday night. Craig Littlepage really hit a home run with London, I think. Like Groh, London appears to be hitting the ground running and having early success. Unlike Groh, London can connect with his players, the media, and the state of Virginia in a way that Groh was incapable of doing.

I hope they can keep that same passion for the rest of the season. If they can, it'll surprise quite a few folks and teams along the way. I'm just thrilled to have hope in my program again.