What ever happened to....

Jason

a good old fashioned prank to a teams rival or just plain opponent? This morning Gate City FB players were treated to the site of a red t-shirt draped over their football player statue in front of the high school with "Lebanon Owns Gate City" on the front and "We Are LHS" on the back. That got me to thinking. Why do we see so little of stuff like this now? Just a few years back it was as common as playing on Friday night! Now we hardly hear of this. I can remember opponents sending their rivals funeral type flowers on game day or even back before Scott County hired that nut that locked up all the dumpsters seeing where teams would come in and spray paint their school initials with their colors. Heck Sulivan North and Gate City set each others fields on fire before! People just dont get into football around here like they used to. I know some would take it too far but I miss the good clean pranks like what Lebanon treated us to this morning.

a good old fashioned prank to a teams rival or just plain opponent? This morning Gate City FB players were treated to the site of a red t-shirt draped over their football player statue in front of the high school with "Lebanon Owns Gate City" on the front and "We Are LHS" on the back. That got me to thinking. Why do we see so little of stuff like this now? Just a few years back it was as common as playing on Friday night! Now we hardly hear of this. I can remember opponents sending their rivals funeral type flowers on game day or even back before Scott County hired that nut that locked up all the dumpsters seeing where teams would come in and spray paint their school initials with their colors. Heck Sulivan North and Gate City set each others fields on fire before! People just dont get into football around here like they used to. I know some would take it too far but I miss the good clean pranks like what Lebanon treated us to this morning.

because now people are stupid and you get arrested for doing stuff that was common fun a few years ago.