Honaker vs VA High

hhstigerfan

Anyone have any thoughts on this game? Don't really know anything about VA High's team this year. Hope Honaker get's back on track this week after shooting themselves in the foot last week!

I would like to see Honaker win this game. To do it, I think they will need to be able to run the ball and control the clock and the fact that it's a home game for the Tigers will help some to.

But I'm afraid that VA high might have too many athletes for them this year and a little to much speed.

Va 28 Honaker 20

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Shut down Charlio and that other guy (don't remember who it was, I'll post it if I remember) and you have a chance. That's ALL they did against Battle. I think at least 60% of the time Charlio ran the ball himself right up the middle. If Honaker's defensive line can stop them, then they have a shot. But I still think VHS might win this game mostly because of their speed and the athletes they have.

Shut down Charlio and that other guy (don't remember who it was, I'll post it if I remember) and you have a chance. That's ALL they did against Battle. I think at least 60% of the time Charlio ran the ball himself right up the middle. If Honaker's defensive line can stop them, then they have a shot. But I still think VHS might win this game mostly because of their speed and the athletes they have.

Well shutting down Charlieo isn't that easy, he has a very good line in front of him and receivers that can catch anything and if you didn't catch the news threw 4 TD Friday night also; and against JB Thurman saw a weakness in Battles defense and exploited it...Run, Run, and Run. JB couldn't stop it so why do other wise???

The other one your referring to is Ramey??? or Johnson because both had a field day...

As for "VHS might win..." thats BS and you know it. VHS wins by 35+ easily...on turf and their speed= no chance Honaker

Yes,what if the qb gets hurt, where's the team go from there? Is there a good back up qb.

Not sure who it would be...Somebody from Honaker tell me how the JV qb did Monday over there?

I am the first to say anything can happen on Friday night...thats why they play the game!

Well shutting down Charlieo isn't that easy, he has a very good line in front of him and receivers that can catch anything and if you didn't catch the news threw 4 TD Friday night also; and against JB Thurman saw a weakness in Battles defense and exploited it...Run, Run, and Run. JB couldn't stop it so why do other wise???

The other one your referring to is Ramey??? or Johnson because both had a field day...

As for "VHS might win..." thats BS and you know it. VHS wins by 35+ easily...on turf and their speed= no chance Honaker

honaker has definetley had problems finding a way to win .but to be honest with ye, i think the Bigfootball statement is really OVERCOOKED.

Edited by litltiger

and it did

Was at the game, and Honaker played a really good game tonight, The Honaker D kept pressure on the QB for VA and he just kept chucking it up for grabs and the tiger CB's would get it and take it to the house !

The line for Honaker did a good job and RB's busted a couple of big TD runs.

VA has some speed and good athletes, but give up the ball too much. There's no way you can win a game were you have 5 interceptions and at least 2, maybe 3 were run back for TD's.

Congrats on the win tonight Honaker !! You played a heck of a football game !

I guess it was not BS Honaker won by 25.

I hope Bigfootballfan didn't give someone Honaker and 35 points and lay money on the game.

I'll have to admit i was surprised when i saw the final score.

Safe to say the Bearcats are quite unpredictable. Way to bounce back Tigers!