Gate City at Bluefield,WV

LegendatLegion

Everybody was predicting a Bluefield victory last season....and they lost...I expect a close game....Gate City will bring a physical style of play....it'll be interesting to see how Bluefield responds to somebody smacking them in the mouth...I'll be in the stands for this one, for sure.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I thought. I knew I remembered him playing most of the game

OK. What difference does it matter? Gate City won, we didn't!! That was last year!!!

I expect it to be a good game this year. Bluefield also returns a lot of starters and we will also have our quarterback back. Please don't come to Bluefield thinking it will be easy. I don't care if we win by 1 or a 101, a victory is a victory.

I also don't care who played or who didn't play last year!!!! I also know that Patterson played last year but I don't think he played the entire game. The Devils will be in for a hard fought game but I think we win by 3.

OK. What difference does it matter? Gate City won, we didn't!! That was last year!!!

I expect it to be a good game this year. Bluefield also returns a lot of starters and we will also have our quarterback back. Please don't come to Bluefield thinking it will be easy. I don't care if we win by 1 or a 101, a victory is a victory.

I agree. Both teams will be in for a huge battle and hope it makes for an even better game to build on for future games between the two.

This should be a great game. But Gate City is alot better now than they where when they faced Richlands earlier in the year. Clark is back, Vaughn is healthy and they have been playing lights out. They are not near as good as Richlands but they can play.

Bluefield will have to slow Gate City's running game down and Gate City will have to keep Bluefield from making big plays. Whoever does that should win. Gate City done it the last time they met. They are better this year IMO. I would look for more of the same.....

I take Gate City and 2 Touchdowns maybe 3. If 5A Sullivan South didnt stop em, Bluefield wont. South isnt as good as last year, but we're seeing that they are a good team. Everyone looked down on them after losing to Knox West and Greeneville....anyone see what Greeneville did to Tennessee High the other night? Gate city is light years ahead of where they were during the Richlands game. They're playing lights out right now. Gate City's D vs a freshman QB.... good luck.

Gate City-35 Bluefield-21

Honestly, South isn't very good. Boone should have beaten them as well. They had 7 turnovers. 280 yards to 80 yards where the first half stats but they where down 20 to 16. They have Hayden and that is about it. Really the only game they should have won was the Central game and we all know how bad Central is.

But that doesn't change the fact Gate City is better than they where last year. I think it will be a tight game. I don't think Gate City is going to blow them out. But I think they win.

Honestly, South isn't very good. Boone should have beaten them as well. They had 7 turnovers. 280 yards to 80 yards where the first half stats but they where down 20 to 16. They have Hayden and that is about it. Really the only game they should have won was the Central game and we all know how bad Central is.

But that doesn't change the fact Gate City is better than they where last year. I think it will be a tight game. I don't think Gate City is going to blow them out. But I think they win.

I wasnt aware of the stats. Everyone made it out like South Dominated the game from start to finish. That game had alot of influence on my pick this week.

In that case...Gate City wins 28-21

I just cant agree with the South is not all that good part. They only lost to Greeneville by 15 and I think Greeneville would beat any team in Northeast TN on any night. South will not beat DB tomorrow night but I would not be surprised if they keep it close. I see South finishing 6-4 to finish out the season winning the rest of their games after tomorrow night.

This should be a great game. But Gate City is alot better now than they where when they faced Richlands earlier in the year. Clark is back, Vaughn is healthy and they have been playing lights out. They are not near as good as Richlands but they can play.

Bluefield will have to slow Gate City's running game down and Gate City will have to keep Bluefield from making big plays. Whoever does that should win. Gate City done it the last time they met. They are better this year IMO. I would look for more of the same.....

Bluefield is better as well. We will see tomorrow night. just hope its a good game and noone gets hurt. Still plenty of season left!

I take Gate City and 2 Touchdowns maybe 3. If 5A Sullivan South didnt stop em, Bluefield wont. South isnt as good as last year, but we're seeing that they are a good team. Everyone looked down on them after losing to Knox West and Greeneville....anyone see what Greeneville did to Tennessee High the other night? Gate city is light years ahead of where they were during the Richlands game. They're playing lights out right now. Gate City's D vs a freshman QB.... good luck.

Gate City-35 Bluefield-21

Richlands stopped you and they are not 5A! You can bet Bluefield will be there. Gonna be a good game. Freshman QB? we'll see!!

Richlands stopped you and they are not 5A! You can bet Bluefield will be there. Gonna be a good game. Freshman QB? we'll see!!

1st game of the season, plus the scoreboard doesn't tell the story of the game seeing how it was 3-0 at halftime. We are a load better now than we were that night. It'll be a tight game and I wish you all luck for the rest of the season.

Gate City wasn't the toughest or even close to the toughest team Bluefield played last year. They lost because they played like pure trash. I'm taking Bluefield by a lot, it won't even be close. If for some odd reason they loose this game, they will have major trouble in the playoffs.

Gate City wasn't the toughest or even close to the toughest team Bluefield played last year. They lost because they played like pure trash. I'm taking Bluefield by a lot, it won't even be close. If for some odd reason they loose this game, they will have major trouble in the playoffs.

All I can say is you better be able to stop the run..... If you can then you may be right. But you didn't come close last year and this Gate City team is better than that one.

I just cant agree with the South is not all that good part. They only lost to Greeneville by 15 and I think Greeneville would beat any team in Northeast TN on any night. South will not beat DB tomorrow night but I would not be surprised if they keep it close. I see South finishing 6-4 to finish out the season winning the rest of their games after tomorrow night.

Greenville was winning 35-7 going into the fourth quarter then played the young'ns. Greenville also had several turnovers. Greenville could beat anyone in NE TN I agree.

South will not beat Johnson City and Tenn. High on the road. They will finish 4-6 with wins over Boone (which was a gift), Central, Volunteer, and Crockett. They aren't very good.... Not the same team as Gate City played last year..... Hayden is a player but other than him they just don't have alot. Carter knew when to leave.....

Guest StoneyCalhoun

Bluefield wins this game only one way, David Edwards at quarterback.

Without him Bluefield is one dimensional.