Rchlands signs 4 year deal with Beaver

HB Burke

we do play beaver the next two years

I'm at the point .....unless I see photos of Mance and Simon shaking hands, nodding heads, giving thumbs up, and "pinky fingers" locked together...I'll then believe it.

Honaker dropped Tazewell County schools though

I hear that the game with Richlands is back on but who knows ?

I've heard so many things about that situation. I heard that Bowerbank wants them to play and he's the one that financed both of the fields for Richlands & Honaker and wanted them to play each other every year, and he wasn't very happy that the series was canceled.

But you hear so many things It's hard to tell whats true and whats hearsay.

I've heard so many things about that situation. I heard that Bowerbank wants them to play and he's the one that financed both of the fields for Richlands & Honaker and wanted them to play each other every year, and he wasn't very happy that the series was canceled.

What has fan attendance been like at the Richlands/Honaker game last couple of seasons rhsfan? I also thought the schedules weren't worked out until around the first of the year. Why would they be worrying about next season's schedule when this season is barely half over?

We tried to pick up Honaker and they didn't want any part of the Falcons. I wish we could play Bluefield but they said to long of trip, so they made us drop Graham too. We lost an easy W every year losing Graham.

We tried to pick up Honaker and they didn't want any part of the Falcons. I wish we could play Bluefield but they said to long of trip, so they made us drop Graham too. We lost an easy W every year losing Graham.

Honaker played Abingdon for four years. Are you sure the reason Honaker and Abingond don't play each other is the Falcons had two consecutive homecomings spoiled by Honaker and they lost all 4 of their games against Honaker?

I wish it was true that we were not playing honaker!! Richlands and Honaker needs to play the benefit game!!!

Personally, I could care less what Bowerbank likes or doesnt like!!!!!

What has fan attendance been like at the Richlands/Honaker game last couple of seasons rhsfan? I also thought the schedules weren't worked out until around the first of the year. Why would they be worrying about next season's schedule when this season is barely half over?

The attendance has been good like it always is. Both schools have good followings so there will always be a pretty good gate. I don't think the Honaker side was as full this year as in the past, but it was still a good crowd for them. They have good fan support.

As far as why their worrying about next years schedule now.........well I'm not sure, I could lie about it and act like I know, but I wouldn't have clue...lol. I was just a dumb jock, I don't know how they work the schedule and when, I was just commenting on the Honaker & Richlands game for next year....LOL ! I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ or anything, I just am not sure how the whole schedule thing works and there's no reason for me to act like I do !

I already do a pretty good job at making a fool out of myself on here as it is...LOL !

I wish it was true that we were not playing honaker!! Richlands and Honaker needs to play the benefit game!!!

Personally, I could care less what Bowerbank likes or doesnt like!!!!!

The Bowerbank thing, I don't even know if that is true or anything. It could be true and it could be a bunch of bull. I think only he and the heads of both athletic departments know that for sure.

As far the Honaker/Richlands series goes, I agree with you on that as far as the competition part of it goes. I would like to see Richlands play some more AA schools myself to help get us be better prepared for the playoffs.

But it seems like we have done pretty well in the playoffs for the most part.

But I do enjoy it as far as a community part of it goes because I have a lot of family and very close friends that live in the Honaker area and my wife teaches in the area also. I also have a lot of in laws there too so it makes it a lot of fun that week.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

The Bowerbank thing, I don't even know if that is true or anything. It could be true and it could be a bunch of bull. I think only he and the heads of both athletic departments know that for sure.

As far the Honaker/Richlands series goes, I agree with you on the that as far as the competition part of it goes. I would like to see Richlands play some more AA schools myself to help get us be better prepared for the playoffs.

But it seems like we have done pretty well in the playoffs for the most part.

But I do enjoy it as far as a community part of it goes because I have a lot of family and very close friends that live in the Honaker area and my wife teaches in the area also. I also have a lot of in laws there too so it makes it a lot of fun that week.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Sorry, bowerbank just rubs me the wrong way!!!

I agree, being single A and hurting our points is the only reasons i would not want honaker on regular season schedule

Sorry, bowerbank just rubs me the wrong way!!!

I agree, being single A and hurting our points is the only reasons i would not want honaker on regular season schedule

Hey that's cool. Everybody has a right to their opinion. I can't really say anything about him ( Bowerbank ) because I don't know him and have never talked to him so I will let others speak on that. I just don't know whats true and whats not.

But it would help us to have more AA teams on our schedule as far as points go.

Hasn't Graham beat you guys the past two years?

Bluefield has not signed a contract with Richlands. If they did it would only be for two years, thats the only contracts that Bluefield has is for two years, they do not have 4 year deals. Its been said that after the Bluefield JV team beat Richlands, they were not interested in signing a contract, don't know how true that is, only a rumor.