Battle Football Coach

Blue_Crue

no...we dont live for this on here. We dont attack a person on here based on non factual information......infact we dont attack people on here at all. We have some heated debates about our teams, and tempers may rise, but in the end its all in good fun. What you're talking about can ruin an innocent man's life. And he is innocent until proven other wise.

Thats what this forum is about.....not what you're doing.

Please Mod's.....delete this topic before it gets way out of hand.

Edited by battleftbl

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redneckman

Hey battleftbl no one has said anything about what he has done so why are you so offensive about this. I guess you are hopeing that money will shut this up or that they will throw it under a rug. Guess what big man not going to happen wait and see wait and see. WASHINGTON COUNTY AT ITS BEST ladies and gentelman.

Hey battleftbl no one has said anything about what he has done so why are you so offensive about this. I guess you are hopeing that money will shut this up or that they will throw it under a rug. Guess what big man not going to happen wait and see wait and see. WASHINGTON COUNTY AT ITS BEST ladies and gentelman.

I know both parties involved in this, as I'm close to everyone on the football team and they're going through a tough time also. This is not the type of thing to talk about on a message board. It isnt fair to any of the people involved, especially when everything you could say is just rumors. This is peoples lives we're talking about here...not a game.

Redneckman and footballsense...you're futher proof that you can take the trash out of the trailor, but not the trailor out of the trash.... It's obvious that you have no common descency at all. You are indeed Washington County's finest. Sarcasm intended

Edited by battleftbl

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2010/oct/28/john-battle-football-coach-under-investigation-ar-611753/

John Battle football coach under investigation

By Jim Sacco

Published: October 28, 2010

» 0 Comments | Post a Comment

vote

nowBuzz up!BRISTOL, Va. --

John Battle High School’s football coach Ryan Witten won’t be on the sidelines Friday night. Authorities confirmed Wednesday that he is being investigated by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office – accused of sex crimes against a minor.

School officials would not reveal who would be holding the clipboard for the Trojans, nor would they elaborate on why the 33-year-old coach would be absent. But a pair of search warrants filed in Washington County Circuit Court reveal that sheriff’s deputies searched two of the coach’s cell phones, looking for call logs, calendars, contacts, text messages, pictures and videos.

No charges have been filed.

The search warrant lists two potential criminal offenses: taking indecent liberties with a child by a person in a custodial or supervisory relationship and the use of communication systems to facilitate certain offenses involving children.

From a black Nokia phone, police seized 211 digital photographs and from a LG phone, police retained a “digitally recorded video documenting the examination of the device.”

Sheriff Fred Newman confirmed Wednesday that the investigation is ongoing, but declined to elaborate.

Washington County Public Schools Interim Superintendant Jim Sullivan would not comment on the investigation. He said the school “is still working on the situation” and did not know the name of the person who will be filling in for Witten on Friday, when the team travels to Castlewood for a non-district game.

John Battle Principal Jeff Hawkins did not return phone calls made to the high school and his home earlier in the week. On Wednesday at the Clinch Mountain and Hogoheegee cross country meets, Hawkins said that “all information needs to go through the superintendant” and repeated himself when asked who would lead the Trojans against the Blue Devils.

An e-mail sent to both Sullivan and Hawkins on Wednesday asking for the name of Friday’s football coach was not returned.

Battle Athletic Director Kevin Perrigan did not return calls to his cell phone.

Witten had the Trojans on the cusp of their first .500 season since 1998. Heading into Friday’s game at Castlewood, Battle sported a 4-4 record and, under Witten, has compiled a 7-11 record in his two seasons at the school.

Since 1998, the John Battle football program has rolled out seven head coaches and has yet to win a game in the 3-year-old Clinch Mountain District.

Witten is the older brother of Dallas Cowboys tight end and former University of Tennessee standout Jason Witten. His other brother, Shawn, is head football coach at Elizabethton High School.

Ryan Witten did not return a voice mail left Friday evening and, since Monday, a recording said that his voice mail box is full.

Staff writer Claire Galofaro contributed to this report.

jsacco@bristolnews.com I (276) 645-2572 I Twitter: Sacco_BHCSports

I suppose we've kept it out of the news as long as possible. What the paper doesnt say, and doesnt know is what the pictures are of. The writer attempts to lead the pubic into believing that all 211 photo's are of the female student. We're still very hopeful that this is false. Like I said before, the main victims here are the players who bought in to this program, and believe in Coach Witten. Running this into the ground on message boards that they read will only make this more difficult for them. I'm not sure how Friday Night will turn out, but hopefully it'll give them 4 quarters of fun, and a chance to get away from all of the negative comments going around.

Once again, no charges have been filed, and we still dont know any facts. Lets just all let this play out.

Guest redneckman

I rest my case BATTLEFTBL show how big of a moron and liar you really are to try to hide something like this. Also shows how yellow the adminstration is and wont return any phone calls, like I said if it was someone else you would hang them out to dry there at battle seen it done before over less doings. No charges have been filed is what you said goes to show how stupid you are because somthing happen or nothing would be said. Like you said you were sitting with the horses the other day and didnt know anything about it there at Battle but you got one thing wrong you are not horses you all are YELLOW PONIES.

The news paper collected all of their information from court records. In those, it states that Witten had 211 photos. The sheriff's dept. collected all 211..........That could be pics of dallas trips, team pics, anything. The paper did a fine job of trying to make it look like a worst case scenerio.

Redneckman......maybe you should find a hobby or something......maybe a job? Do something other than come on here and try to ruin someones name. Seems to me that you may have more interest in this case than most. It seems you're trying to be the judge and jury when charges havent even been filed yet. I got an idea....how about you meet me for lunch...maybe we can discuss whats going on up here at Battle. I'll be glad to show you just how yellow I am.

You'd never do that though....you'd rather hide behind a computer screen and make accusations about things that you have no idea about. Get a life

Edited by battleftbl

Redneck you're way to bitter for this whole thing when reality it does not involve you....?

For the sake of our area and John Battle I hope he's innocent. Something like this can tarnish his life and his last name.

Guest redneckman

Hey Yellow Battleftbl I know excatly who you you are and what you do but my dad wont let me meet you sorry.

Redneckman......maybe you should find a hobby or something......maybe a job? Do something other than come on here and try to ruin someones name.

All do respect here, Mr. Witten has done this to himself. Even if he hasn't participated in a sexual act, he should know better than to communicate with a minor via cell phone. In addition, a coach or authorative figure should never put themselves in a position to be accused of such nonsense. No, my friend, the one person who ruined his name would be Mr. Witten himself. I am apalled that you would defend such nonsense. This is why young women and/or men don't report misconduct or abuse. They get ridiculed by authorative figures like you.

Guest redneckman

Thats what im saying vatech its all about his name. Thats all you all are worried about. Why should we worry about his name being tarnished because he did that to himself. He is a 33 year old man and if he get convictied then he did that to himself not people on here talking about it. Not once have I accused him what the paper said not once I just said he was in trouble. So you Yellow fat belly washington county adminstrators need to go to work and protect those kids today.

If you know....send me a pm. Im pretty sure that you have no idea.

Ohhh, your dad......does he know that you're on a message board when you should be in class? wow.

You've basically accused him of doing wrong. You've not been that blunt about it, but you have accused him of doing wrong. Trust me, the kids are fine. I'm sure the teachers and administrators are doing a great job. Maybe the admin isnt talking, because truthfully...its none of my business....none of your business...and none of the Bristol Herald Couriers business. They're protecting the kids, by not talking. If you had any idea what you were saying, then you'd know that.

Im about tired of this argument. I'd have never done it, if I knew you were a kid. I do apologize for that. no wonder you know so much, you're one of the ones that started spreading rumors.

Edited by battleftbl

All do respect here, Mr. Witten has done this to himself. Even if he hasn't participated in a sexual act, he should know better than to communicate with a minor via cell phone. In addition, a coach or authorative figure should never put themselves in a position to be accused of such nonsense. No, my friend, the one person who ruined his name would be Mr. Witten himself. I am apalled that you would defend such nonsense. This is why young women and/or men don't report misconduct or abuse. They get ridiculed by authorative figures like you.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Ridiculed??? I'm trying to protect the kids here. Do you think people running their mouths about the situation on message boards, and having it broadcast on the news, and in the papers.....do you think that benefits the kids that're involved? Why do you think that the administration isnt talking? How about you tell that to the kids who're trying to practice today with reporters taking pictures while sneaking and sniffing around the field. How about you tell that to the boys friday night while fans and opposing players are running their mouths about something they have no idea about. In fact, how about you tell that to the female student who's involved, and has to listen to crap every day now. That my friend, is why it shouldnt be talked about on message boards, and in the papers when nothing has even been proven. If this did happen, then he's a grown man and should be held fully responsible for his actions, however it shouldnt be talked about on a message board when charges havent even been filed. Like I said, the more this story gets blown up, the more it effects the students, and the team.

Edited by battleftbl

I am not taking up for Witten. He should not have put himself in the position to be investigated. I was making more comment toward his family then him because they do not deserve this. If he is found innocent he is still going to have his reputation dragged through the mud and the damage would have already been done. Now that this has leaked out to the media I honestly don’t see him keeping his job. To much pressure on the county and school now.

I am not taking up for Witten. He should not have put himself in the position to be investigated. I was making more comment toward his family then him because they do not deserve this. If he is found innocent he is still going to have his reputation dragged through the mud and the damage would have already been done. Now that this has leaked out to the media I honestly don’t see him keeping his job. To much pressure on the county and school now.

I can tell you that if he is innocent...he'll be back.

That I know for a fact. Lets just hope that he is proven innocent.

vatech...you're right about his family. His grandparents are great people. I know that they have to be torn up over this. Im very hopeful that i'll all come out alright though. Thats really all we can do, is hope that he is innocent.

No dog in this one, just things I've seen

1. A false allegation of this kind can ruin a career in a heart beat. I have seen a man's career and good name destroyed because of charges like this that proved false.

2. Teachers are in delicate situations at our high schools. Sometimes younger teachers and coaches are in positions where they get undesired attention from students. When that happens, they need to report it directly to administration. (If they don't they run the risk getting into a bad situation.)

3. These kinds of situations happen all to often. I have no magic solution for them. I just know that if you are a teacher you have to take certain precautions to avoid such situations. One of those is to not become emotionally attached to students.

I hope the best for all involved, because the coaches, players, the student involved, and the entire school are now going through what for many will be a traumatic situation. My prayers go out to all.

Why don't we all just let those who are in proper authority work through this. If no charges are filed,the school must do what their policies state. Just curious,had the student been 18 or older and dated a teacher what happens ?

I was looking at some past threads were battftbl had posted. He had no trouble making a remark about Doug Marrs and his boss John Oneal. Practice what you preach. You did not worry the impact it had on him, his family or the KIDS.

hmm..Im pretty sure Coach Marrs has tanked the graham football program. That is fact, not rumor. in most of my comments, theres an LOL, or they're intended with a little humor.

those Marrs threads are a totally different situation than this. Nothing that was said about him can destroy his future, family, and friends. Nothing that was said about him can cause damage to the student body. The only thing destroying his future is on a career basis, and that is his Win/loss record.

No dog in this one, just things I've seen

1. A false allegation of this kind can ruin a career in a heart beat. I have seen a man's career and good name destroyed because of charges like this that proved false.

2. Teachers are in delicate situations at our high schools. Sometimes younger teachers and coaches are in positions where they get undesired attention from students. When that happens, they need to report it directly to administration. (If they don't they run the risk getting into a bad situation.)

3. These kinds of situations happen all to often. I have no magic solution for them. I just know that if you are a teacher you have to take certain precautions to avoid such situations. One of those is to not become emotionally attached to students.

I hope the best for all involved, because the coaches, players, the student involved, and the entire school are now going through what for many will be a traumatic situation. My prayers go out to all.

Agreed 100% with everything you said. All it takes is one little rumor to destroy someones life when you're a teacher. This day and age...kids will say anything if they dont get their way. There are steps you can take to help prevent it though.

Guy's I'm finished with this topic. Nothing good can come from this topic, and IMO should be deleted. All that I ask is that you keep the John Battle faculty, students, and football team in your thoughts, as they're all going through a difficult time right now.