Honaker @ Hurley

rebel1

Should be a good one, Hurley has nothing to lose (I believe even w/o winning district outright Hurley will make the playoffs) and Honaker has everything to gain(if they dont win no playoffs).

I think Honaker will be too much for the Rebels, Honaker will be able to match their toughness. All I know is it should be a great game!

Hurley has speed at what seems like nearly every position. From what i hear Honaker is pretty big up front averaging about 250+ across the line. But as the old saying goes "speed kills" and the Rebels are LOADED with it.

If Honaker can control the edge and stop the jetsweep then I think they can will win. The rest of Hurleys game plan kinda off of that play, everything else complements it even the I formation stuff.

Honaker as always is gonna come right at Hurley, but I think the Rebels will be ok against Honakers rushing attack.

Like I said earlier it should be a good one

I wish Honaker would attempt a drop kick in this game, I heard that a kid from Haysi got medflighted out for spitting up blood? I hope that kats ok, but the word on the street is a bunch of Haysi's players are banged up. Blair and Stanley are questionable? Can Newberry Run it, throw it, kick it, and catch it by himself?

I'd also like to give props to Hurley for giving Haysi and Colley a taste of their own medicine, double kneel down to run the clock and THEN score on the next play that's what I'm talking about! Hate it for the kids, but what goes around comes around. The next few years are peoples' last shots at Colley to pay hmi back over his 30ish years of running it up, padding stats,

I wish Honaker would attempt a drop kick in this game, I heard that a kid from Haysi got medflighted out for spitting up blood? I hope that kats ok, but the word on the street is a bunch of Haysi's players are banged up. Blair and Stanley are questionable? Can Newberry Run it, throw it, kick it, and catch it by himself?

I'd also like to give props to Hurley for giving Haysi and Colley a taste of their own medicine, double kneel down to run the clock and THEN score on the next play that's what I'm talking about! Hate it for the kids, but what goes around comes around. The next few years are peoples' last shots at Colley to pay hmi back over his 30ish years of running it up, padding stats,

i dont think Hurley did that on purpose. Tester was going to kneel it but it wasnt fair to the kids who just got into the game.

Yes the guys you mentioned are hurt(Idont know how bad) and yes one player was med flighted for spitting up blood(I still havent heard whats is wrong with him).

Newberry can run and catch but pass he cannot, if Stanley and Blair cant go it will be a tough game against TV(it appears they have stepped it up a noch). I still think Haysi could keep it on the ground 90% of the night and beat the Panthers, but they could pull the upset.

I have never seen Coach kneel it twice just to turn around and score, to "pad stats" or "run it up". Examples eastbound? Do you have any? Or is all of this just made up in you sad little mind?

Yes the guys you mentioned are hurt(Idont know how bad) and yes one player was med flighted for spitting up blood(I still havent heard whats is wrong with him).

Newberry can run and catch but pass he cannot, if Stanley and Blair cant go it will be a tough game against TV(it appears they have stepped it up a noch). I still think Haysi could keep it on the ground 90% of the night and beat the Panthers, but they could pull the upset.

I have never seen Coach kneel it twice just to turn around and score, to "pad stats" or "run it up". Examples eastbound? Do you have any? Or is all of this just made up in you sad little mind?

oh my god man... haha if you're from Haysi and you need examples of Colley running it up I mean have you lived under a rock the past oh I don't know 2 decades? How about Colley throwing 7 touchdowns in the first half to the same kid. Running out of bounds at the 1 to throw it in. How about the years they played Council and Whitewood and threw it on 0-40 and however many Whitewood eeked out haha.

Tester deserves to run it up on Haysi, heck everyone does it all goes around in cycles.

oh my god man... haha if you're from Haysi and you need examples of Colley running it up I mean have you lived under a rock the past oh I don't know 2 decades? How about Colley throwing 7 touchdowns in the first half to the same kid. Running out of bounds at the 1 to throw it in. How about the years they played Council and Whitewood and threw it on 0-40 and however many Whitewood eeked out haha.

Tester deserves to run it up on Haysi, heck everyone does it all goes around in cycles.

How in the world do you guys think Tester ran it up?.....First of all you guys are from Grundy or TV and wast even there

The fact is Hurley won, Haysi lost. Haysi has gone for years playing teams that have not had a winning season and have won those games with big margins. That is what people refer to as running up the score and yes Colley has done that. I have watched Haysi football for many years and have seen it done. Other coaches, at other schools, do it too. But Colley gets blamed for it the most. Truth or sour grapes, I am not sure.

Haysi is having an off year but they have not given up. They have things to work on and will try to do so. I am not a coach or parent of a player. I am a fan.

From what I understand, the players who are injured are still practicing and planning to play Friday night. Most of the injuries are re-injuries. The one who was med-flighted out had no broken bones or serious internal injuries. At least, that is what I heard.

Glad to hear that he isint seriously hurt.

Im sorry but as long as the margin of victory isint more than 45-50 pts thats not running it up! Its just not.

Eastbound you are still giving examples w/o detail 7tds to one player? I dont remember that(possibly when I was too young to remember), even if someone did catch 7 td in the 1st half thats only 49 pts(w/ xpts). That simply isint running it up, if a reciever is open throw it to him! If Haysi was Power I team and the Tailback scored 7 tds would that be running it up? Running out of bounds to throw it in? Specifics please?

I'll give you an example of Coach not running it up, Haysi v Hurley '02 @ Sandlick. Ryan Rose ran for 278 yards against the Rebels (not the Haysi single game rushing record) he was absolutely unstoppable at the end of the 3rd quarter Haysis offensive starters were pulled. Ryan could have easily went for 350 yards(got the record) but didnt because he was on the sidelines watching he 2nd team. Reson for not keeping him in, if he was in he would have put 2-3 more TDs on Hurley and that would be running it up!

'01 was the only year TV has been competitive,'02 was kinda close, every year after that Coach could have named the score and didnt!

Edited by redtiger

Alot of these games where the score was supposedly ran up were statement games by one team. Theres always at least one game where a team wants to get the point across that they are here to play some ball. So yeah they put some points on the board. Call it what you want, I call it impressive. Unless it gets to the point where its just nasty lol.

Alot of these games where the score was supposedly ran up were statement games by one team. Theres always at least one game where a team wants to get the point across that they are here to play some ball. So yeah they put some points on the board. Call it what you want, I call it impressive. Unless it gets to the point where its just nasty lol.

yea thats what i say and those rebels are .one tiger down and one to go.

Edited by fridaynightfun

Exactly! Put the pedal down push the score up the mid 40s, then put the second team in. Thats a dominating win not "running it up". If you want to see running it up look at some of the Tennessee scores on friday nights, theres always one thats around 60-7, thats running it up.

'05 Haysi v Hurley 47-6, thats not exactly running it up. If I remember right it was 35ish-0 in the 1st half, could have been alot worse

Edited by redtiger

I'm just giving my opinion and they are like a holes everyone has one so if you don't like it oh well.

Aslong as it doesn't smell like Birchleaf/Sandlicker b/c then no one will like your opinion or the smell of your backside

I know there's a few teams that "Coach" couldn't name his score on Clintwood, Grundy, Honaker,

It boils down to the # game when a team has barely in the teen players and trying to keep it going and build a program and move in the right direction you don't whiz down their backs and tell them it's raining.

All I'm saying is this people have made the statement to Colley that if they ever get the chance like this year that what goes around coms around.

Say what you want about Twin Valley, but if they pull off the upset Friday they have the same record as Haysi. AND TV is only losing 2 Sr's this year. Where as Hurley and Haysi are losing a ton.

Look for TV to put some points on the board and play well vs the Tigers

where is the line drawn at running it up...if you have a good running game and keep running it then you'll more than likely score, but if you throw it, your still running it up...do you get what you can before halftime then sub, i think thats what most do...or do you just sub the offense and keep defense in and try for the shut out...i have heard many different opinions on it...i got my fair share of thrashings when i played, and the score being 35 to 14 or 49 to 7 or whatever didn't matter...i knew when i had been dominated, and when i wasn't....it wasn't until i seen it from the sidelines that it started getting under my skin some when teams were for example up 50 to 0 and had some starters still in just to keep a team from scoring...but i mean still does it really matter, that team might not feel any better about that 7 than they did about 0....it just depends on your personality, and how you view it...one person's definition of running it up may be different than another's....

and whoever put hurley has nothing to lose must be from hurley and is trying to down play this...of course they got alot to lose...its the first time in years that you have the oppertunity to win the bdd, and you think that don't mean something to them...they are looking ahead at having to play burton or clintwood, which are two great teams that they probably can't match up against...so this is their season and what they can hang their hats on....yeah they got something to lose

I'm just giving my opinion and they are like a holes everyone has one so if you don't like it oh well.

Aslong as it doesn't smell like Birchleaf/Sandlicker b/c then no one will like your opinion or the smell of your backside

I know there's a few teams that "Coach" couldn't name his score on Clintwood, Grundy, Honaker,

It boils down to the # game when a team has barely in the teen players and trying to keep it going and build a program and move in the right direction you don't whiz down their backs and tell them it's raining.

All I'm saying is this people have made the statement to Colley that if they ever get the chance like this year that what goes around coms around.

Say what you want about Twin Valley, but if they pull off the upset Friday they have the same record as Haysi. AND TV is only losing 2 Sr's this year. Where as Hurley and Haysi are losing a ton.

Look for TV to put some points on the board and play well vs the Tigers

I wish Cody would give you a little love Tommy-gun, you have been stirring up a bee's nest with most of your posts. I still think that Haysi and Hurley have enough to beat TV next year.

I think redtiger hit the nail on the head in another thread, if Hurley comes out hungry to win the BDD then they will be alright. The guys need to realize that Honaker is just as hungry as you guys and they haven't won the BDD in a few years.

I think it's this simple, offense-no turnovers, run hard defense-SEE BALL, GET BALL!!! Good Luck!!

P.S. The wife and me became parents for the 3rd. time last night. A baby boy!!

I wish Cody would give you a little love Tommy-gun, you have been stirring up a bee's nest with most of your posts. I still think that Haysi and Hurley have enough to beat TV next year.

I think redtiger hit the nail on the head in another thread, if Hurley comes out hungry to win the BDD then they will be alright. The guys need to realize that Honaker is just as hungry as you guys and they haven't won the BDD in a few years.

I think it's this simple, offense-no turnovers, run hard defense-SEE BALL, GET BALL!!! Good Luck!!

P.S. The wife and me became parents for the 3rd. time last night. A baby boy!!

Congratulations on the new addittion to your family John....and Go Rebels!

This isn't Tommy Gun. I don't think you should put anyones wife name on here.

I hope you'll have your Testies Tester shirt on tonight AND I hope you all beat Honaker! Honaker is better than their record, played a tough schedule, but Hurley's got the goods.

Good luck tonight!