Richlands 24.50

Grundy 23.00

M'ville 18.63

Marion 15.75

Tunstall 14.33

Graham 14.00

Tazewell 12.44

P. County 11.63

Tunstall plays M'ville this week and is finished. Should be a loss. If Graham does not win against Abingdon and Carroll County, they should get enough points to get by Tunstall.

Edited by stubbycurrence

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-9 and still make the playoffs? So, we still have a shot to go to the playoffs? We've won 4 games! So, the Falcons are going right? God, I hope so, I'll paint up and get up for our Playoff Game! What now Cavdaddy, the Falcons go to the post season too!

LOL, whoever set this idiotic playoff system into place should be ashamed of themselves.

And if Graham makes the playoffs by this stroke of ignorance, D. Marrs should in no way be rewarded.

Was there ever a need for it in D3?

I've said this on another thread, the only place where I feel like a 6 team system is valid 90% of the time is Region C D2. I don't even remember D3 being competitive enough for multiple consecutive years to warrant 6 teams. D4...sure. But the same thing in Region C, while D2 desperately needed it, D1 does not. I wish they could say D2 and D4 get the system and D1 and D3 do not but thats obviously not fair ...even though letting 1-9 teams into the playoffs isn't either. Sigh...I digress.

1-9 and still make the playoffs? So, we still have a shot to go to the playoffs? We've won 4 games! So, the Falcons are going right? God, I hope so, I'll paint up and get up for our Playoff Game! What now Cavdaddy, the Falcons go to the post season too!

Sorry. D4 is a different story. While Graham is preparing to lose in the first round of the playoffs, Abingdon will be at home in Camelot sitting cozy by a fire, sipping merlot, and talking about their favorite moments in professional water polo.

That is Falcon Bias at its finest, to let a 1-9 team go and not a 6-4 team? So, your saying the entire state hates Abingdon? That don't slice the cheese, that dont cut the mustard, that is straight out BS!!!:mad: How can they justify that? That is bias at its worst and if it does happen, the Falcons will consult lawyers and sue the vhsl !!! We won't take it sitting down!:mad:

That is Falcon Bias at its finest, to let a 1-9 team go and not a 6-4 team? So, your saying the entire state hates Abingdon? That don't slice the cheese, that dont cut the mustard, that is straight out BS!!!:mad: How can they justify that? That is bias at its worst and if it does happen, the Falcons will consult lawyers and sue the vhsl !!! We won't take it sitting down!:mad:

Let me try to put this into words that you can better understand.

D3 is weak in our region....Graham can get into the playoffs at 1-9

D4 is Strong and difficult to get into the playoffs with an average record...so you're sitting at home...... If you were D3, then you'd go....but since your enrollment is much higher than Graham, you'll be sitting at home.

Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?

Our side of the playoffs has a few good teams and plenty of bad ones. Your side has TONS of good teams and a few bad ones. Its nothing against Abingdon. Your just in the wrong Region to make it.

To quote John McLaughlin: "WRONG!"

Guest Woolybugger

Falconman, think of it this way...

Once the playoffs start, there really is no more Group A, AA and AAA. Look at it as 1-A through 6-A, except it is called Division 1 through Division 6. Graham is in D3, Abingdon in D4. Abingdon and Graham are in two completely different sets of playoffs.

No :) they :( aren't :mad:, it's :O the :mad: ratings :( system :) that :( is :mad: keeping :D Abingdon :( down :).

He couldnt even comprehend the words coming out of my mouth, now you've just confused the hell out of him.

Falconman, think of it this way...

Once the playoffs start, there really is no more Group A, AA and AAA. Look at it as 1-A through 6-A, except it is called Division 1 through Division 6. Graham is in D3, Abingdon in D4. Abingdon and Graham are in two completely different sets of playoffs.

But we are in the same district? How can that be? If they are in a different Division then how can they be in the Falcon's district? Huh, answer me that. I'm confused?

Would someone drop some knowledge on this young man. Let him know that playoffs in each division and every region are based on a point system. Points are given for every win or loss and those of your opponents. Play a strong schedule against teams in your class or higher and you get more points.

Graham has two out of district losses to strong AA schools (Bluefield & Cave Spring) and has only played one single A school. In a division that is down this year, that equals a chance for a 1-9 team to make the playoffs. Right now there are at least 3, and maybe 4 1-9 teams in D3 in this region.

Yeah the expanded playoffs make this kind of thing more likely, but the VHSL is all about $$$$.

Hey Falconman, maybe you could talk this up with Obama the next time he comes to town. I will ask Ralph Stanley to play you and Obama a tune while you all are discussing this about the bully situation.

Guest Woolybugger
But we are in the same district? How can that be? If they are in a different Division then how can they be in the Falcon's district? Huh, answer me that. I'm confused?

I give up.