looks like Blfd lost a bonus point

VHSLhelper

B_R, its OK...with a win over Wayne, Bluefield will have the #4 spot and we both know that #4 is better than the #3 spot in the pairings if all other things play out as they should...

Never thought I would see Bluefield fans actually have a preference in a bracket.

Considering how difficult Magnolia's game with Oak Glen was, I just don't think there will be a major difference in the brackets this year...but I could be wrong

Never thought I would see Bluefield fans actually have a preference in a bracket.

Considering how difficult Magnolia's game with Oak Glen was, I just don't think there will be a major difference in the brackets this year...but I could be wrong

In all honest, I don't think Bluefield really cares where they are seeded...#6 worked out pretty well for them last year...

Every year, I do sort of have a preference where Bluefield is seeded in the brackets because I like to see the Beavers playing at Mitchell Stadium as long as they can during the playoffs. Do I get upset and worry when the Beavers have to travel for a game? Not really. But there's no place like home...

From an outsider's point of view, I don't think Ravenswood is as strong as a typical #1 seed and that they are the most vulnerable to fall victim to an earlier round upset. If that happened and Bluefield takes care of business, they would capture home-field advantage for the semi-finals which would be HUGE, IMO.

Every year, I do sort of have a preference where Bluefield is seeded in the brackets because I like to see the Beavers playing at Mitchell Stadium as long as they can during the playoffs. Do I get upset and worry when the Beavers have to travel for a game? Not really. But there's no place like home...

From an outsider's point of view, I don't think Ravenswood is as strong as a typical #1 seed and that they are the most vulnerable to fall victim to an earlier round upset. If that happened and Bluefield takes care of business, they would capture home-field advantage for the semi-finals which would be HUGE, IMO.

Ding, ding, ding, and DING! This is what wanting the 4th seed is all about and nothing more; a possible third home playoff game; 26-1 all-time at home in the playoffs says everything.

Just curious, how do the WV brackets play out? Highest vs lowest all the way through or set brackets?

It's a 1-16 bracket and it works exactly as the NCAA regional brackets with 1 v. 16, 8 v. 9, and so on. The first three games are played on the higher seeds' field with the title game being played at Wheeling Island Stadium.

It's a 1-16 bracket and it works exactly as the NCAA regional brackets with 1 v. 16, 8 v. 9, and so on. The first three games are played on the higher seeds' field with the title game being played at Wheeling Island Stadium.

Well good luck to you guys this week and into the playoffs as well !

Let me guess, Gate City is next? No offense to the GC folks, but this is getting comical with Bluefield losing two playoff points in a single week b/c of ineligible players being used first by Oak Hill and now Fleming.

I'll have you know all our illegal players have been fully vetted by Woodshed Willie and the crew down at the campus drive-in. Our two RB's don't even turn 24 until two days after the State Championship game, besides they enjoyed the first 6 years of High school so much they wanted to play 4 more. Of all the nerve! Throwing GC in with all the cheaters. Leave the water on for 3 days one time before a State title game and they just won't quit..... Pffft

I'll have you know all our illegal players have been fully vetted by Woodshed Willie and the crew down at the campus drive-in. Our two RB's don't even turn 24 until two days after the State Championship game, besides they enjoyed the first 6 years of High school so much they wanted to play 4 more. Of all the nerve! Throwing GC in with all the cheaters. Leave the water on for 3 days one time before a State title game and they just won't quit..... Pffft

LOL...I only mentioned GC because they're the only team giving us any serious playoff points this year. Every other team on the schedule, outside of CCD, is having very sub-par seasons by their standards.

Guess what!!!

There has been another forfeit that Bluefield was involved in today.

Princeton has forfeited its win against Greenbrier East

but since the Beavers have beaten both nothing changes, except for some scores for tiebreaker (E)