Question on region championship

rvtne216

I am not sure but I believe it is the choice of the home team (higher seed) which day they play. If Richlands wins against Martinsville then they will have the choice of Friday night or Saturday and they always have chosen Friday night for thier games in the past. This would include ethier Cave Spring or Grundy as the apponent. If Cave Springs wins and Richlands looses this Friday then Cave Spring would have the home field next week and choice as they are the 2 seed. I hope this is correct.

Was Coach Wyatt decision!

I know Tazewell played Graham the week before in the first round on Sat. too.

The Tazewell Richlands game was the only time I was glad to see the regional game played on Sat. because of the snow and ice storm that came threw on that Fri. but the game was already sec. for Sat. by Wyatts choice.

If you win on Fridays then I think it would be stupid to change the day of the game until it is out of you're control. The players get used to playing on Friday nights and the fans already have a routine of going to games on Friday nights. When the games change to Saturday the fans and players must adapt but until it is done for them I think Richlands should just keep the Friday night games. I don't think Richlands needs any help at keeping a good fan base. If more turned out for the games than usual then nowhere to put them. Maybe other teams need help with fan turnout. Just my opinion.