Richlands, Will Lowe Article

mv91

He is such a good athlete for a guy his size ! I believe you could put him anywhere on the football field and he would excel.........oh wait, they do put him at just about every position.....lol.........well almost....lol !

Great kid also. Will be a good player no matter where he goes.

Congrats Will on a great Sr year !

Its been an honor to watch Will the last few years and I wish him the best of luck for his next chapter in life. I think he exemplifies what Richlands must do to keep this year going, Just one game at a time and never overlook the next opponent. All the talent and maturity he shows and just turned 17 a couple of months ago. The sky's the limit.

Is he really receiving interest from all those schools? Especially Wyoming which is practically on the other end of the country.

Is your name on here really a straight line???? LOL

Wonder why kids want to play at Richlands for. Kid's getting noticed by WYOMING!!!!.

Thats why kids and their parents want to be at Richlands. Wyoming isnt recruiting Big Creek WV and those small towns. Kids with talent there go to UVA-Wise, Emory, Bluefield, Pikeville...........Family moves to Richlands and gets getting recruited by larger schools who would have never known they existed. I know this kid is Richlands born and raised but its a good example of why kids want to play at Richlands. Coaches dont have to go out and recruit, because Kids already want to go there.

Wonder why kids want to play at Richlands for. Kid's getting noticed by WYOMING!!!!.

Thats why kids and their parents want to be at Richlands. Wyoming isnt recruiting Big Creek WV and those small towns. Kids with talent there go to UVA-Wise, Emory, Bluefield, Pikeville...........Family moves to Richlands and gets getting recruited by larger schools who would have never known they existed. I know this kid is Richlands born and raised but its a good example of why kids want to play at Richlands. Coaches dont have to go out and recruit, because Kids already want to go there.

Thank You !!!

But I'm sure somebody will have a different spin on it....LOL !

I know I have sit in the stands with some of the parents of the young men who are being recruited by some of these colleges and that's exactly what they have told me.

That and the fact they love coach Mance and his staff ! They love the way they ( kids ) are taught the game, the big crowds, and the facilities. They also talked about how Mance and staff has worked hard at getting the kids info to the colleges.

I know I'm a homer, but just telling what the parents say.

I agree with what you are saying, except I don't think it's a case of the kids being noticed smiply because they are at Richlands. It's because kids at Richlands have the benefit of one of the best coaching staff's in the state. They make them better football players. No matter if they are a transfer or if they've been here since kindergarten.

I should have worded my post a little better. I meant to give credit to the Richlands coaching staff for getting kids names out there, and getting them noticed by colleges.

In my coaching experiences so far, the one thing I've realized is that theres a place for almost everyone if the athlete wants to continue at the next level. It may not be D1,may not be D2, maybe its NAIA but there's a place for most. Alot of it comes down to how hard to coaches work to get the athletes name out there. I learned really quick that college coaches appreciate the help and are more than happy to take a look at a kid.

I feel that alot of area coaches dont take the time to do this, but it's obvious that Coach Mance and staff are doing a great job. Keep it up

Last time I looked Wyoming is on the other side of the country!!

Yeah, that's what I said.

Wow, some people sure are sensitive!!

If you're referring to me you're completely mistaken. He asked me why my name was a straight line and I asked him why it mattered. Why is your name on here the_general?