Well, It's Thanksgiving Week Again:

Deleted Account

Which means it's time for the annual turkey slaughter. The one where the turkey does the slaughtering...

I place the odds of UVA winning on Saturday slightly worse than the odds of me hitting the Powerball twice in the same week. Several reasons, and let me list the ones I find most important.

1. UVA is 107th in the nation in rushing defense.

2. VT has 3 NFL-prospect RBs on the roster.

3. Marc Verica has thrown 30 INTs in 2 full seasons at QB.

4. VT's secondary leads the league in INTs this season.

5. VT's secondary has the most INTs in D-IA football since 2000.

6. Keith Payne, UVA's power RB, is injured.

7. VTs biggest weakness is being vulnerable to power rushing.

8. The best player on UVA's roster, Ras-I Dowling, is out for the season.

9. This game is in Lane Stadium.

10. UVA has scored an average of 8 points/game in Lane Stadium since 2002.

Prediction: VT-58, UVA-10.

UVA's players will have more pride than that, Observer. Remember. The Groh era is over.

VT-27 UVA-14

The defense has been completely neutered of any pride it ever had. No unit that allows 55 points to Duke has pride. With Dowling out and Minnifield nursing his knee, we have no outside containment. BC lit us up on the ground, much more than that 17-13 score lets on.

Yeah, I'll be at Lane Saturday. Yeah, I'll cheer. But I'm considering it a victory if it stays that close.

Why is UVA so bad? i mean i understand that tech is the premier college football team in Virginia, but come on. is it just poor coaching?

The defensive coaching is substandard. Jim Reid suddenly looks like he's about 75 years old and is just there collecting free paychecks. He doesn't get the players' attention in film study, so on game day, the players are absolutely lost. I cannot tell you how many blown defensive assignments I saw on Saturday, especially in the front-7.

Part of it is that our starting CBs are injured (Dowling and Minnifield). A tiny bit of it is the transition to the 4-3. Some of it is that we didn't have player development for so long, it's like everyone's behind a full year.

The defensive coaching is substandard. Jim Reid suddenly looks like he's about 75 years old and is just there collecting free paychecks. He doesn't get the players' attention in film study, so on game day, the players are absolutely lost. I cannot tell you how many blown defensive assignments I saw on Saturday, especially in the front-7.

Part of it is that our starting CBs are injured (Dowling and Minnifield). A tiny bit of it is the transition to the 4-3. Some of it is that we didn't have player development for so long, it's like everyone's behind a full year.

I see, win is the last time they had a solid season?

I see, win is the last time they had a solid season?

2007, we went 9-4 with a last-second loss in the Gator Bowl to Texas Tech. Win that game, and it'd be objectively either our 2nd-best or 3rd-best season in the last 60 years. We won those FIVE games by 2 points or less, and we could really attribute that to Chris Long, more than anything.

The VT game that year was painful. My memory may be off, but VT held the ball for about 51:00 that game. Jameel Sewell threw a monumentally dumb INT before halftime that made a 13-7 lead a 14-13 deficit, and we just couldn't recover. 33-21 loss.

2007, we went 9-4 with a last-second loss in the Gator Bowl to Texas Tech. Win that game, and it'd be objectively either our 2nd-best or 3rd-best season in the last 60 years. We won those FIVE games by 2 points or less, and we could really attribute that to Chris Long, more than anything.

The VT game that year was painful. My memory may be off, but VT held the ball for about 51:00 that game. Jameel Sewell threw a monumentally dumb INT before halftime that made a 13-7 lead a 14-13 deficit, and we just couldn't recover. 33-21 loss.

I dont particularly have a college team, I like Tech and Tennessee both. I'd rather just watch a good game and have an underdog win a few, in this case uva. But now pro i follow the atlanta falcons with a passion

I dont particularly have a college team, I like Tech and Tennessee both. I'd rather just watch a good game and have an underdog win a few, in this case uva. But now pro i follow the atlanta falcons with a passion

Falcons look like an NFC contender this year. Completely unlike my Skins, who are still in the hunt at 5-5.

BTW, early line: VT -24.

Take VT -24 or UVA +24? I'd take VT -24 in a heartbeat.

Take the points = take the underdog and the points. UVA has a way of playing VT close in Blacksburg...

The last time VT would have covered a 24 point spread over UVA in Blacksburg was 1990, 38-13.

2008- VT 17-14

2006- VT 17-0

2004- VT 24-10

2002- VT 21-9

2000- VT 42-21

1998- UVA 36-32

1996- VT 26-9

1994- UVA 23-42

1992- UVA 38-41

1990- VT 38-13

Take the points = take the underdog and the points. UVA has a way of playing VT close in Blacksburg...

Our defense is hopelessly lost. In the years we've played you close ('02, '06, '08) the defense was consistently decent. Not so much this year. We will be the most paper-mache defense you have faced this season.

Our defense is hopelessly lost. In the years we've played you close ('02, '06, '08) the defense was consistently decent. Not so much this year. We will be the most paper-mache defense you have faced this season.

But VT still has Stinespring calling the offense...I call it a draw...

As a fan of football what I wish for you is that the game is competitive through the 3rd quarter. As a Hokie fan, I will be happy if they pull away in the 4th and win by 14.

Have a safe journey to the field of Blue and enjoy the game on Sat.

As a fan of football what I wish for you is that the game is competitive through the 3rd quarter. As a Hokie fan, I will be happy if they pull away in the 4th and win by 14.

Have a safe journey to the field of Blue and enjoy the game on Sat.

If we're within a score midway through the 3rd quarter, I'll be doing somersaults in place.

I thank you. I've had decent experiences in Blacksburg, except for '08.

If we're within a score midway through the 3rd quarter, I'll be doing somersaults in place.

I thank you. I've had decent experiences in Blacksburg, except for '08.

You going to Blacksburg this weekend???