Palin ...lol

Lance

so...did anyone see the goof she made today about our "friends" the North Koreans? wow...and some of you think she needs to be running this country....no thanks.

No one here thinks that she would be fit at running this country.

If you could point me to a post where someone says that, I'd be grateful.

Heard Hlliary and Sarah were going to run togther to defeat Obama and Biden. Once the girls are elected they wine and dine all the leaders of Iran and North Korea and Pakistan etc.. all Weapons of Mass Destruction are destroyed and economy soars beyond imagination, Tennessee wins the SEC and Notre Dame wins NCAA National Championship. Gas drops to 35 cents per gallon and battery powered cars are sold for near to nothing... Also Dallas Cowboys put a major win streak of 3 straight games. The Kansas City Royals win the world series and UVA Wise men's basketball defeat the Miami Heat in the first game ever at the new Convocation Arena at Wise.:)

Heard Hlliary and Sarah were going to run togther to defeat Obama and Biden. Once the girls are elected they wine and dine all the leaders of Iran and North Korea and Pakistan etc.. all Weapons of Mass Destruction are destroyed and economy soars beyond imagination, Tennessee wins the SEC and Notre Dame wins NCAA National Championship. Gas drops to 35 cents per gallon and battery powered cars are sold for near to nothing... Also Dallas Cowboys put a major win streak of 3 straight games. The Kansas City Royals win the world series and UVA Wise men's basketball defeat the Miami Heat in the first game ever at the new Convocation Arena at Wise.:)

And . . . . Grundy beats Richlands

and.........politicians stop lying and become honest men of their word!

so...did anyone see the goof she made today about our "friends" the North Koreans? wow...and some of you think she needs to be running this country....no thanks.

Wow, that is just about as stupid as President Obama saying that there were 57 states!

Let's see, which is more forgiving? Knowing less about Foreign nations or knowing less about your own nation?

Wow, that is just about as stupid as President Obama saying that there were 57 states!

Let's see, which is more forgiving? Knowing less about Foreign nations or knowing less about your own nation?

57 states...lol...where do they get these presidents these days? I don't think the extra states would hurt much, but if we bomb the wrong Korea there might be some hurt feelings.

so let me get this straight...you are trying to tell me that not one person here went in and voted for McCain/Palin...putting her in the hot seat to run the country if something happened to McCain? Seriously?

If you don't think someone is fit to run the country, surely you would have enough common sense to not vote that person in as Vice President right?

so let me get this straight...you are trying to tell me that not one person here went in and voted for McCain/Palin...putting her in the hot seat to run the country if something happened to McCain? Seriously?

If you don't think someone is fit to run the country, surely you would have enough common sense to not vote that person in as Vice President right?

Oh Lance, your logic tickles my funny bone.

Voting for John McCain as president /= voting for Sarah Palin as president.

Just like voting for Barack Obama as president /= voting for Joe Biden as president.

I thought that Palin was perfectly capable of sitting on Capitol Hill like a knot on a log, casting the tiebreaking vote in the Senate for 1 of every 100 bills that so requires it. I also thought that she was able to attend foreign functions without causing any international crisis. She seemed competent at sitting quietly during funerals, as well.

IMHO, if you vote for or against a presidential candidate based upon who the vice president on the ticket is, you shouldn't be allowed to vote...

Oh Lance, your logic tickles my funny bone.

Voting for John McCain as president /= voting for Sarah Palin as president.

Just like voting for Barack Obama as president /= voting for Joe Biden as president.

I thought that Palin was perfectly capable of sitting on Capitol Hill like a knot on a log, casting the tiebreaking vote in the Senate for 1 of every 100 bills that so requires it. I also thought that she was able to attend foreign functions without causing any international crisis. She seemed competent at sitting quietly during funerals, as well.

IMHO, if you vote for or against a presidential candidate based upon who the vice president on the ticket is, you shouldn't be allowed to vote...

Then, I shouldn't be allowed to vote...because that is a big consideration for me.

57 states...lol...where do they get these presidents these days? I don't think the extra states would hurt much, but if we bomb the wrong Korea there might be some hurt feelings.

I'm sure he just "mis-remembered," like the rest of the screw ups.

But, maybe he was foreshadowing something, after all we are the protectorate of 6 or 7 other countries and there is a big move in Puerto Rico to become the 51st state....

Then, I shouldn't be allowed to vote...because that is a big consideration for me.

After some deliberation, my original statement may have been too strongly worded (don't we all like to get a zinging one-liner in every once in a while?), but my reasoning below will show why taking the VP candidates into account when choosing a president is misguided at best and Picard-facepalm-worthy at worst.

When voting for a ticket, you're basically voting for the supreme leader of the executive branch and a do-nothing figurehead. The president being the first and the vice-president being the second, of course. Now, tell me the truth, which of those two is infinitely more important than the other? If you answered "president", congratulations! You are a few notches above G.W. Bush.

Since, thank God, we haven't had an elected vice-president ascend to the presidency in 47 years (note: Ford was not VP on Nixon's '72 ticket), one must reasonably assume that the president will remain in office for the duration of the term. It drives me up a wall when people justify their votes by saying "I didn't like the VP candidate". Or even worse, like in 2004, voting for John Kerry because though Kerry was seen as less apt than Bush, John Edwards was OMG SO MUCH BETTER than Cheney (before we found out how much of a scumbag he truly was). Give me one legitimate, reasonable rationale outside of "there's a 15% chance historically that the VP may take over the president's duties". I'll be waiting...

I must say, regardless of the bizarre lack of rationale, the GOP and Democratic parties have catered the VP position to those who base their votes around insignificant players. For centuries, the parties have stuck people in the VP slot just because they fit a GEOGRAPHIC purpose-to carry a certain state's votes. Two examples: Chester Arthur from NY, and Lyndon Johnson from Texas (both of whom succeeded to the presidency, BTW). Taking VP into account is laughable when we stop to consider WHY they are on the ticket in the first place. Biden was there to compliment Obama's COMPLETE lack of experience. Palin was there to carry the female vote. Don't delude yourself: it's THAT cut and dry. What Biden and Palin's platforms are were MEANINGLESS...

And, since McCain is still very much alive and kicking, we wouldn't have had to have worried about Palin anyway. So, the worry and angst over Palin is truly a non-sequitur.

Edited by UVAObserver

At this point, I don't trust any politician. They all make promises that they can't keep. Our two party system is broken. There is too much far left and far right and no common ground. Grid-lock is all that seems to happen. Personally, I would, in fact I need something done about the health care situation. It's way too costly to insure a family of 4 these days. My health insurance premiums are more than my mortgage. The Insurance Companies have taken advantage of people and now THEY run health care and not the health care providers, like it should be....something needs to be done, although it should be something agreed upon by both parties and something that helps working Americans...not more benefits for the people who don't work or are too lazy to work, it's us working folks who ultimately pay for EVERYTHING...anyway, I didn't vote this past election, I probably won't vote in the future, it seems to be futile.

At this point, I don't trust any politician. They all make promises that they can't keep. Our two party system is broken. There is too much far left and far right and no common ground. Grid-lock is all that seems to happen. Personally, I would, in fact I need something done about the health care situation. It's way too costly to insure a family of 4 these days. My health insurance premiums are more than my mortgage. The Insurance Companies have taken advantage of people and now THEY run health care and not the health care providers, like it should be....something needs to be done, although it should be something agreed upon by both parties and something that helps working Americans...not more benefits for the people who don't work or are too lazy to work, it's us working folks who ultimately pay for EVERYTHING...anyway, I didn't vote this past election, I probably won't vote in the future, it seems to be futile.

Now this, my friend, we both can agree on.

In 2004 and 2008 both, I voted for the candidate I felt would least "screw it up", rather than the one that I deeply felt would put this nation back on the right track. There's such a big difference.

I feel that as long as Keynesian economics is blindly practiced in Washington, there's not going to be any true progress. And the crazy thing to me is that G.W. Bush, a staunch right-winger, and his mostly-Republican Congress used that leftist economic model to drive this country's debt sky high. Obama just continued that policy and amplified it with his mostly-Democrat Congress. I'm praying President X in 2012 doesn't continue the trend. But wish in one hand, right?

I'm sure he just "mis-remembered," like the rest of the screw ups.

But, maybe he was foreshadowing something, after all we are the protectorate of 6 or 7 other countries and there is a big move in Puerto Rico to become the 51st state....

there was a guy on my submarine from PR, I had to whip his ass once. They already let them in the military and give them Secret Clearance...might as well make them a state and let them pay taxes like the rest of us....Taiwan would be my favorite new state.

As for voting for the Vice Pres....they are first in line to take over...if you don't think it matters one bit that could come in to play when voting for President, then maybe you are the one that shouldn't be voting? I couldn't vote for Kerry for this same reason, he ran with a dingbat as well.

Don't forget about Oprah singlehandedly fixing the economy.

• 2 weeks later...

Gimme' four more years of Obama! Frick yeah!

Guest The Variable
I'd rather have Obama in there for 8 than Palin for 4.

I fear that the nation LITERALLY cannot afford another 4 years of his policy.

Personally, I dont care who she pisses off outside of the US if she can help curb all of the spending.

One thing we could do is pull out of the UN. We fund approximately 40% of that organization and if we stopped, it would fold. If we took the money that we are putting into the UN that is often ends up being spent fraudulently and put a fraction of it towards international aid, we would be doing more good than the UN as a whole, and we can use the rest to start paying off our debt.

Im normally pretty outspoken about politics, but I am new here and not really from SWVA so I will mind my manners, but politicians right now have a credit card with no limit and acting like brand new pro atheletes at a ferrari dealership.

Sorry fellas, I know I am pretty much an outsider but I read this and couldnt help but run my mouth.