possible VT/WVU Orange bowl matchup

WaveFan09

Please no more ACC vs. Big East matchups...... enough already.

VT vs. Stanford would be a good game IMO but I think some maybe putting the cart before the horse. FSU may have a little to say about it.......

F$U wins Saturday night and knocks VT to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl IMO. With all the media talking to VT this week about the F$U monkey on their backs, I believe the coaches and players will start to think about that and then it becomes a mental block they can't overcome. I saw it in the 2005 ACCCG.

F$U wins Saturday night and knocks VT to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl IMO. With all the media talking to VT this week about the F$U monkey on their backs, I believe the coaches and players will start to think about that and then it becomes a mental block they can't overcome. I saw it in the 2005 ACCCG.

The monkey retired last season...time to move on...

But I think FSU wins Saturday anyway...

I have seen every Tech game, and FSU at least 6 times. FSU showed their A+ game against Florida, otherwise they have struggled a lot this year. I do not believe Tech has played an A+ game yet this year.

Hopefully Sat. is the day for the A+ game

As for the FSU thing, it seems the last time these teams met 2 years ago Tech won. The time before that they almost won with a 3rd string QB. It is all a media hype. There is respect for FSU, but no fear.

It would be fun for the area of split fans. Honestly , this would be a really good defensive game. It could be the battle of excellent D coordinators and the battle of the idiots they call O cooridinators. The battle for the black diamond trophy would be a fun bowl game. Expect the winner to gain some bandwagon fans!

Oh and Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllls!

I have seen every Tech game, and FSU at least 6 times. FSU showed their A+ game against Florida, otherwise they have struggled a lot this year. I do not believe Tech has played an A+ game yet this year.

Hopefully Sat. is the day for the A+ game

As for the FSU thing, it seems the last time these teams met 2 years ago Tech won. The time before that they almost won with a 3rd string QB. It is all a media hype. There is respect for FSU, but no fear.

FSU won 30-20 in Tallahassee in '08...VT beat them 40-21 in the 'burg in '07.

My wife and I have plans to go to the Orange Bowl if VT makes it...she's always wanted to go to Miami. When she came home from work yesterday, she asked me if it was true that we could possibly be playing WVU in the Orange Bowl. I said yes and explained what had to happen for that to occur. She said, "I'm not going if we play WVU..."

Obviously, her distaste for WVU is much stronger than her want to go to Miami...LOL...

Women...

My wife and I have plans to go to the Orange Bowl if VT makes it...she's always wanted to go to Miami. When she came home from work yesterday, she asked me if it was true that we could possibly be playing WVU in the Orange Bowl. I said yes and explained what had to happen for that to occur. She said, "I'm not going if we play WVU..."

Obviously, her distaste for WVU is much stronger than her want to go to Miami...LOL...

Women...

All these people saying "what a great matchup with WVU and VT in the Orange Bowl and what a crowd it would bring." I don't see it. I've heard from a lot of people (both VT and WVU fans) that would not go to Ft. Lauderdale to watch those two teams play.

If it was WVU vs. VT in the Orange Bowl, I wouldn't go to watch it either. I'd sit at home and watch it on TV without having to worry about seeing bad blood/animosity around me with the fear of bodily harm. There will be tons of drunk people and I'm sure there will be plenty of fights.

Edited by bhs7695

The monkey retired last season...time to move on...

But I think FSU wins Saturday anyway...

The helmets and uniforms will be the same with Florida athletes wearing them. Rick Trickett running the o-line for F$U is a big problem for Foster and Charlie Wiles. Ponder will have plenty of time to do damage.

VT o-line could have big problems with F$U defensive front as well.