Brookville people-- Class act

Gizmo777

We arrived in Brookville early today and had a chance to talk with Mr. Beecraft (quarterbacks father), he just stopped to say hello and welcome us to Bees stadium. We also talked to the princpal of Brookville high school, and he gave the same sentiments. They are super nice people and very hospitable. We were kidding before the game about our little rivalry of meeting in the State semi-finals (3 times in 4 years). Maybe we can keep it up, that would be a great rivalry to have. Just wanted to say if they are here congratulations on a great season and keep you're heads up. We played the best game we have played this season today and sometimes its just you're day, like last time we were here 2 years ago it was you're day. Beecraft just did not have time to do much but he showed a lot to get back up everytime after some vicious hits. I hope he is fine. I hope Beecraft has the same opportunity to get back at us in 2 years like our seniors did today for the 47-0 thumping you gave us when they were sophomores. You notice I just said opportunity.

Good Luck and God Bless.

PS --I hope you guys pull for us next Saturday as it never hurts to have as many fans as possible. Just Good Carma. You know us "weak schedule" teams have to stick together. HA HA

We arrived in Brookville early today and had a chance to talk with Mr. Beecraft (quarterbacks father), he just stopped to say hello and welcome us to Bees stadium. We also talked to the princpal of Brookville high school, and he gave the same sentiments. They are super nice people and very hospitable. We were kidding before the game about our little rivalry of meeting in the State semi-finals (3 times in 4 years). Maybe we can keep it up, that would be a great rivalry to have. Just wanted to say if they are here congratulations on a great season and keep you're heads up. We played the best game we have played this season today and sometimes its just you're day, like last time we were here 2 years ago it was you're day. Beecraft just did not have time to do much but he showed a lot to get back up everytime after some vicious hits. I hope he is fine. I hope Beecraft has the same opportunity to get back at us in 2 years like our seniors did today for the 47-0 thumping you gave us when they were sophomores. You notice I just said opportunity.

Good Luck and God Bless.

PS --I hope you guys pull for us next Saturday as it never hurts to have as many fans as possible. Just Good Carma. You know us "weak schedule" teams have to stick together. HA HA

Glad to hear you had a good experience in Lynchburg. I wasnt at the game today, but it's always nice to hear about people being friendly to one another, as so often people get on here and tell the opposite.

I must say, I felt bad for BeCraft today. It sounded like he was just taking a pummeling...but he kept getting back up. I was afraid that when he went out before the half, that he wouldn't be able to come back...but he did. Again, I didn't see any of this, but the way Rocky and Dave described some of the hits, I honestly felt bad for the kid.

His dad (Becrafts') said he used to love to watch high school football better than anything but said sometimes this year he holds his breath. I was truely thinking of him today several times as Becraft did just get leveled several times and by several players. He is one tough kid as he got up, brushed himself off, and played ball. Sometimes that says more than winning does. How you deal with adversity determines what kind of man you are more than winning does sometimes. Bradley Strong, Will Lowe, Cody Thomas and Jack Vance all started when the Bees handed us a 47-0 blowout 2 years ago and they kept working hard. Good examples of getting up, dusting off and playing ball.

I had spoke to several Brookville fans before the game. Really nice people. Wished us the best of luck. One even said we deserved the Home stands haha. The only problem I had with anything they did was during the National Anthem when their fans said "And the home of the Bees." I think it irk'd alot of people on the Richlands side. Had a veteran sitting a few seats down from me and he was highly pissed. But other than that had a great time at a great game. Too bad I cant come next week....oh well. The board better keep me well informed!!!

I sat on the Brookville side and everyone treated us with respect. We talked to the number 85 mom and she said he was thinking about VA TECH I wish him all the best. We were cheering for Richlands and never had a problem with anybody. There were a few comments thrown our way but we just ignored all the petty stuff. It's a shame when your team shows up with more fans than the home team. lol

I couldn't go because i have the flu ( feeling a little bit better today ) and it was the first game I have missed in several years, but I was so proud of all our fans that showed up ! Good job guys !

I know the whole town will shut down and be in Lynchburg next week...lol !

I was proud to be a Richlands fan. I know the team feels our support and we really acted like a college fanbase, as we made tons of noise when they were on offense and were really quite while our quarterback called the signals. It is a shame that the home side only had as many fans as us considering they have been in Semi-fanls 3 out of last 4 years and made the final game once. They probably had less than us. Thats not anything against the Brookville fans there, as they were good people. Any fan base will have a few that may be a little "tart" at times. We Do too.

The gates opened at 11:30am and the Richlands side was packed by 12:15pm. I mean packed. And Richlands people kept coming in till game time. The hill is OK but depending which side you got on you could only see that end of field. If Brookville keeps getting into playoffs (and they will with thier staff) thier county needs to consider more bleachers. They will pay for themselves.

I would like to see us add a few more stands in Ernie also !

We have a first class stadium, but it could use a few more seats and the bathrooms could be updated a little more, but all in all I LOVE Ernie Hicks and I'm proud of what we have there !

I would like to see us add a few more stands in Ernie also !

We have a first class stadium, but it could use a few more seats and the bathrooms could be updated a little more, but all in all I LOVE Ernie Hicks and I'm proud of what we have there !

You're right Bigrhsfan: We have a great field and home stands. If we added a little more stands on the visitor side then maybe, just maybe we could get a game every season with someone like Salem. They would always be a test and then some. Nobody would talk about how weak they are. If Pulaski county has the fan base they did in thier hayday they will need more stands on the visitor side of old Ernie.

Our bathrooms just suck. When was the last time you just wanted a Port O John. God forbid a dad (mom at home) with his young daughter at Old Ernie. Just have to find a woman to trust her with.

Edited by Gizmo777

I had spoke to several Brookville fans before the game. Really nice people. Wished us the best of luck. One even said we deserved the Home stands haha. The only problem I had with anything they did was during the National Anthem when their fans said "And the home of the Bees." I think it irk'd alot of people on the Richlands side. Had a veteran sitting a few seats down from me and he was highly pissed. But other than that had a great time at a great game. Too bad I cant come next week....oh well. The board better keep me well informed!!!

Brookville truly have great fans. After the game I went to eat and several fans came up to wish the Blues their Best. They all said how impressed they were with the Blues! I also liked what their coach said in the paper about the Blues. Class act all the way!! Congrats to B-ville on a great season.

On another topic I agree the stadium was like being in lock down. And like someone said in another post. They do need to add more seating if they are going to continue having playoff games there. Or play teams that don't travel as well as the Blues. It was awesome to see all the support we had for our team. Let's do it again this week!

When we arrived and was walking into the stadium a guy approached us and was talking smack. He said wait and see whats going to happen to you boys. he said they heard up here that richlands had went and got some recruits for the team but it wasn't going to matter.

In 2008 when we lost I was standing at the fence after the game and with the brookville fans as the richlands players came off the field was telling every player payback.

IMO this was a horrible stadium especially for a Lynchburg school. The seating is a joke.

Actually, Brookville has some of the better facilities in the Seminole District. HS football still isn't nearly as big a deal in that area as it is in SW Virginia.

If you thought Stinger Stadium was inadequate, you would have been seriously unhappy if Liberty had beaten Brookville the week before.