VA vs. TN All Star Game this Saturday!

Lance

I think it should be played just like a regular game...not being able to blitz a kid like Carmichael is going to kill you every time. I did like the 15 min qtrs vs. the 12 min qtrs...halftime should be no longer than 15 min though...30 min was way too much.

I think someone should get with the refs next year and tell them to let the kids play a little more...no need to flag everything that happens...the dead ball stuff like offsides and that is what it is...but the holding and pass int. and that sort of thing...call that stuff a little more loose.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think next year plan is to do one huge banquet for all players rather than 2 seperate banquets, on a monday ,then practice 4 days -tuesday-friday and play on saturday. Someone posted earlier Tenn had 2 weeks to practice and that's not true . Tennessee did practice 3 days to Va's 2. Tennessee did practice on good turf,and Va practiced on Va High's practice field and it was an ice and mud swamp on friday's practice . Wednesdays practice was cancelled for team Va because of ice storm. Cody Lockhart getting sick really hurt the offensive punch of Va. I agree about having two tight ends . My feeling is simply play the game as you would a regular high school game. Think team Va may look further North for players also next year ,possibly some guys from Roanoke region to even the playing field.

I agree with play the game like a regular season game. Lance also has a point about blitzing. Team VA does need to go all the way to Roanoke area. It is a first time thing and we can not expect it to be perfect the first time. Just think if we had some Christiansburg and Salem kids on the VA squad! VA does need to go farther North to compete with the bigger enrollment schools TN has.

I agree with play the game like a regular season game. Lance also has a point about blitzing. Team VA does need to go all the way to Roanoke area. It is a first time thing and we can not expect it to be perfect the first time. Just think if we had some Christiansburg and Salem kids on the VA squad! VA does need to go farther North to compete with the bigger enrollment schools TN has.

its going to be hard to get kids from salem and c-burg to drive to bristol to practice 3 or 4 days a week and a 5th for a banquet. It was a stretch getting the kids from Richlands there...consider the drive time from Powell Valley and Clintwood and those areas...if you move practice up to even Marion or Wytheville you are going to knock a lot of the local kids out of it.

Yes and please help us scout good seniors up that way! Galax has a good wr Deion George, don't know what Cave Springs,Salem ,Magna Vista, East Mont,talent is. Wish we had East Mont's qb this year in our game.

Just get the whole state :)....... I mean this game isn't about winning and losing it is about the message. They showed the halftime video that explains it all. Scott Gaylon former UT linebacker and NFL vet kind of gave his testimony. That is what it is about.

If it is about winning and losing just mix them all up. I would still go. I think most people would. Tn had several kids that didn't play just the same as VA. Who cares...... If this made one kid think about his life the way Scott Gaylon talked about... the event was a success..... Hat's off.....