All-Region IV Football Team Announced

trublue

http://valleysportsnow.com/regional-news/100-all-regions/5895-all-region-iv-football-team-announced.html

Harvey Taylor of Magna Vista was named the Offensive Player of the Year, while Will Lowe garnered Defensive Player of the Year honors on the recently released 2010 All-Region IV Football Team.

Richlands' Greg Mance and Christiansburg's Tim Cromer were selected as the Division 3 and Division 4 Coaches of the Year, respectively.

Offense (First Team)

Pos. Name School Ht Wt Year

C Taylor Wade Richlands 6’2 240 11

G Josh Hess Richlands 6’6 295 11

G Dorian Rose Christiansburg 6’ 221 12

T Nate St. Clair Christiansburg 5’8 198 12

T William McDuffie Magna Vista 5’8 225 12

TE Jake Whitaker Tunstall 6’2 190 11

WR Brad Strong Richlands 5’8 160 12

WR Josh Winkle Christiansburg 5’7 152 12

WR Deshaun Penn Magna Vista 6’1 155 11

RB Devon Johnson Richlands 6’2 210 11

RB Greg Lee Christiansburg 5’8 163 12

RB Thaddeus Carter Magna Vista 5’10 170 12

QB Harvey Taylor Magna Vista 5’8 175 11

K Reece Strong Richlands 11

Utility Josh Woodrum Cave Spring 6’3 200 12

Defense

E Will Lowe Richlands 6’3 250 12

E Zaukeus Witcher Magna Vista 6’3 195 11

DL Ervin Buchannon Christiansburg 5’8 242 11

DL Jacob Mollett Carroll County 5’11 220 11

DL Shaquelle McDonald Tazewell 6’ 330 11

LB Cody Thomas Richlands 6’3 180 12

LB Mason Maples Bassett 6’4 215 11

LB Princeton Graham Marion 6’ 220 12

LB Adam Anderson Cave Spring 5’11 200 12

DB Brad Strong Richlands 5’8 160 12

DB Michael Cole Cave Spring 6’1 200 12

DB Shaq Finney Bassett 5’7 165 12

DB Josh Winkle Christiansburg 5’7 152 12

P Mitchell Ludwig Abingdon 10

Ret Brad Strong Richlands 5’8 160 12

•Offensive Player of the Year: Harvey Taylor(Magna Vista)

•Defensive Player of the Year: Will Lowe(Richlands)

•Division 3 Coach of Year: Greg Mance (Richlands)

•Division 4 Coach of Year: Tim Cromer (Christiansburg)

Offense (2nd Team)

C Dustin Hylton Magna Vista 5’8 230 12

G Daniel Lowe Grundy 5’10 200 12

G Dillon Chrisstian Magna Vista 6’1 275 11

T Tanner Marshal Grundy 6’2 295 12

T Darrius Saunders Magna Vista 5’11 252 12

TE Kolton Lescure Hidden Valley 5’11 190 12

WR Caleb Widner Abingdon 6’ 185 11

WR Philllip Hughes Salem 6’2 191 12

WR Cedric Tarpley Martinsville 5’7 150 12

RB Tyler Berglowe Grundy 5’8 145 11

RB Sam Wright Cave Spring 6’ 181 11

RB Derrick Ziglar Martinsville 5’10 205 12

QB Brenden Motley Christiansburg 6’4 178 11

K Zack Atwood Bassett 11

Defense (2nd Team)

E Cody justice Grundy 6’1 198 12

E Kishan Starkie Martinsville 5’9 190 12

DL DeRon Phillips Blacksburg 6’3 251 12

DL Darrius Saunders Magna Vista 5’11 252 12

DL Pierce Rigney Pulaski 6’2 220 11

LB Jordan Lamb Carroll County 5’9 170 12

LB Ethan Thompson Christiansburg 5’9 164 12

LB Cody Long Pulaski 6’1 190 11

LB Dexter Dodson Magna Vista 5’11 180 12

DB Jack Vance Richlands 6’1 180 12

DB Caleb Widner Abingdon 6’1 185 11

DB Jordan Porter Blacksburg 5’8 165 12

DB MJ Pilson Magna Vista 6’ 190 12

P Chase Cook Pulaski 12

Ret Michael Cole Cave Spring 6’1 200 12

Offense (Honorable Mention)

Pos. Name School Year

C Cole Sampson Hidden Valley 12

G Tommy Wojcik Pulaski 12

G Brandon Eggleston Martinsville 12

T Joseph Guerriero Richlands 12

T Noah Deweese Cave Spring 12

TE Cody Thomas Richlands 12

RB Mikal Moore Tazewell 10

RB Zack Snell Christiansburg 11

RB Shaq Finney Bassett 12

QB Jake Hess Abingdon 12

K Carson Wise Blacksburg 9

Defense (Honorable Mention)

Pos. Name School Year

E Kolton Lescure Hidden Valley 12

E James King Pulaski 10

DL Hunter Brown Richlands 11

DL Justin Brown Magna Vista 12

DL Albert Garcia Martinsville 10

LB Ben Coleman Abingdon 12

LB Mic Edwards Salem 11

LB Herman Jones Martinsville 11

LB Ishmel Hairston Martinsville 11

DB Sean Overton Richlands 12

DB Brenden Motley Christiansburg 11

DB Cedric Tarpley Martinsville 11

DB Nick Iacobucci Magna Vista 12

P Zack Corcoran Martinsville 11

Ret Trevor Kellam Magna Vista 12

Edited by trublue

Nice...not one Grundy player on 1st team...Cody Justus and Tanner Marshall got screwed....total BS.

Lance i thought the same thing. The Justus kid was impressive the 2 games i watched him play vs richlands & tunstall. Justus did like to hit somebody.

Lance i thought the same thing. The Justus kid was impressive the 2 games i watched him play vs richlands & tunstall. Justus did like to hit somebody.

yeah...and Coach Mance calls Tanner Marshall "one of the best in the state"...heard him say it more than once....oh well.

Thats the way it always is, get no respect, i tell ya, no respect.

we were a good team this year...not the best and not better than a few other teams on the list...but Cody or Tanner, one of the two, should have made first team....to not give Grundy one kid on the first time is just sad. Berglowe had about 500 more yards than anyone else on the board as well, but, he has another year to play...so it's not as bad, but Cody and Tanner both deserved first team and one of them should have made it.

Nice...not one Grundy player on 1st team...Cody Justus and Tanner Marshall got screwed....total BS.

I have to agree with you Lance on this one. Grundy had a very good year and without starting QB going down late they probably would have made an even bigger impact this year. Tough line and should have been rewarded for it. Bergalowe is a tough back but has next year to get accolades. Someone up front should have been recognized. Maybe two. Richlands may have had too many on the first team. Not trying to get my fellow Richlands fans fired up and don't know who should be off, but thier seems to be a lot on there even winning all the games we did. I thought Fahardo should have been first team DB for Richlands with all the players we had there. Theres a lot of politics to make those teams sometimes. Grundy must not have any.

I have to agree with you Lance on this one. Grundy had a very good year and without starting QB going down late they probably would have made an even bigger impact this year. Tough line and should have been rewarded for it. Bergalowe is a tough back but has next year to get accolades. Someone up front should have been recognized. Maybe two. Richlands may have had too many on the first team. Not trying to get my fellow Richlands fans fired up and don't know who should be off, but thier seems to be a lot on there even winning all the games we did. I thought Fahardo should have been first team DB for Richlands with all the players we had there. Theres a lot of politics to make those teams sometimes. Grundy must not have any.

everywhere I went this year, even Cave Spring...I had people asking me who #11 (Cody justus) was...and they all said "that kid can play"...I just feel bad for them both because I honestly think they deserved to be on First Team in the Region...not to take anything away from the kids that made it, I'm sure they are all great kids as well...but it would have been nice for Grundy to at least have 1 kid on the First Team...there is plenty to go around for everyone it seems, except for the Grundy kids...I can see if we were 1-9 or whatever...but to go 9-3 and win a playoff game and not have one kid on first team is a bit harsh when others have 4,6, or 10 kids on there.

maybe you should tells us who you think shouldn't be on the team...............now this should be interesting!

maybe you should tells us who you think shouldn't be on the team...............now this should be interesting!

i dont think you can single anyone out and say they shouldn't be on the team, as everyone is deserving...but, I just think Tanner or Cody should have made first team as they were just as deserving as ANYONE on the list.

i dont think you can single anyone out and say they shouldn't be on the team, as everyone is deserving...but, I just think Tanner or Cody should have made first team as they were just as deserving as ANYONE on the list.

TO THE GENERAL:

I am not qualified to pick the team and have my doubts that you are as well. Probably just some one team fan who don't know anymore than i do, I'd guess a whole lot less than I do by the way you ask me to pick a team, just some redneck dip$hit probably. I am just agreeing with Lance that Grundy should have had at least one player since they went 9 and 3 and had a playoff win. It does not take a brain surgeon to know they got hosed. They would have been better without QB injury, probably. I am big a Richlands fan but we have too many on there in my opinion. The region has more great players than just the Richlands guys. We have a Great team but not all of the great players in the region. There are 11 players on the field at a time and none of our guys would be huge stars without the other 10 out there with them this year. We only have a couple of bigtime players on each side of the ball. Just my opinion, but it does count just as much as you're opinion does. Now thats interesting to me and I hope you find it to be all you wanted it to be. That is what you ask for was my opinion wasn't it?

Edited by Gizmo777

The region by laws, say a kid that does not make all district can not make all region. Case in point, the qb from Cave Spring was second team all district. But the coaches from the other end wanted to name a utility player, even though it is not stated in the region by laws. They named the qb from Cave Spring as the utility player. As a utility player you would think of someone that has played more than one postion and pick a kid who made it as a all district player. The Cave spring kid should have not been brought up at the meeting, because he was not a number one pick from their district. Now this is politics at its best.

TO THE GENERAL:

I am not qualified to pick the team and have my doubts that you are as well. Probably just some one team fan who don't know anymore than i do, I'd guess a whole lot less than I do by the way you ask me to pick a team, just some redneck dip$hit probably. I am just agreeing with Lance that Grundy should have had at least one player since they went 9 and 3 and had a playoff win. It does not take a brain surgeon to know they got hosed. They would have been better without QB injury, probably. I am big a Richlands fan but we have too many on there in my opinion. The region has more great players than just the Richlands guys. We have a Great team but not all of the great players in the region. There are 11 players on the field at a time and none of our guys would be huge stars without the other 10 out there with them this year. We only have a couple of bigtime players on each side of the ball. Just my opinion, but it does count just as much as you're opinion does. Now thats interesting to me and I hope you find it to be all you wanted it to be. That is what you ask for was my opinion wasn't it?

Ouch, I think you just called me a redneck dipsh_t, and all because I simply ask you to give your opinion on who you think should not be named to the team. Geez, lighten up Francis!! Apparently you have an opinion, so that must qualify you. And, I didn't even express my opinion about the selections. You did by stating some of the Richlands boys shouldn't be on the team. Com'on man, didn't mean to pee in your Cornflakes!!