Anybody but the Patriots...I mean anybody but the Steelers!

Guest The Variable

Guest The Variable

I have to preface this in full fairness and disclosure.

I have 4 favorite NFL teams: Chiefs, Colts, 49ers and Raiders.

I consider myself a fan of all 4 and do not choose one over the others.

Unfortunately this years AFC playoffs disappointed me and now I am doing what I hate most about some seasons. I find myself rooting AGAINST teams instead of for them.

Of the teams I loathe are Patriots, Steelers, Ravens...probably in that order. 2 have now lost but the Steelers are poised for another visit to the big game.

So now I change my cry of "Anyone but the Patriots!" to "Okay, now Anyone but the Steelers!"

Guest The Variable
You can't be a Chiefs and Raiders fan at the same time...not possible...

It makes at least two great games for me every season.

Actually it doesnt, since the past 4-5 seasons before THIS season were just aweful. Two teams vying for the worst of the NFL. :(.

Having 4 teams definitely forces my purchase of NFL Sunday Ticket.

I'm a die-hard Minnesota fan, but I will gladly root for the Packers or Bears if they play the Steelers. I guess I'm for the Jets, ah who cares. Its time to fish.

One thing I was going to bring up on here and forgive me if this shifts this thread. I am one who likes the bowl system, we all have our opinions and that is mine. I'm not opposed to a CFB playoff, but if it never happens, I will still enjoy CFB and my life will not be ruined. I've heard fans say that a playoff does not de-value a regular season...........REEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLY?

Much of the same people say that a .500 team should not be rewarded by getting a bowl invite. Yet, a 7-9 Seattle Seahawk team had a chance(slim as it may have been) to compete in the biggest sporting event in the world. They would have entered the Super Bowl with a 10-9 record. Ok, so they pull off the unthinkable and win the Superbowl. You're 2012 Superbowl and World Champion has an 11-9 record. The 2 best regular season teams (Atlanta and New England) finish the season with a better record than the Superbowl winner.

The national championship game featured at least 2 of the 3 best teams in the nation. Every Saturday is so crucial in CFB, thats what I love about it. There is USUALLY no doubt when the CFB season is over who the best team is. So if Seattle would have won the SB, could you honestly say that they were the best team in the NFL this year.

So, again i'm not totally opposed to a playoff, but for the love of the game and regular season can we have a 4 team playoff, not 16 or 32.

Guest The Variable
I'm a die-hard Minnesota fan, but I will gladly root for the Packers or Bears if they play the Steelers. I guess I'm for the Jets, ah who cares. Its time to fish.

One thing I was going to bring up on here and forgive me if this shifts this thread. I am one who likes the bowl system, we all have our opinions and that is mine. I'm not opposed to a CFB playoff, but if it never happens, I will still enjoy CFB and my life will not be ruined. I've heard fans say that a playoff does not de-value a regular season...........REEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLY?

Much of the same people say that a .500 team should not be rewarded by getting a bowl invite. Yet, a 7-9 Seattle Seahawk team had a chance(slim as it may have been) to compete in the biggest sporting event in the world. They would have entered the Super Bowl with a 10-9 record. Ok, so they pull off the unthinkable and win the Superbowl. You're 2012 Superbowl and World Champion has an 11-9 record. The 2 best regular season teams (Atlanta and New England) finish the season with a better record than the Superbowl winner.

The national championship game featured at least 2 of the 3 best teams in the nation. Every Saturday is so crucial in CFB, thats what I love about it. There is USUALLY no doubt when the CFB season is over who the best team is. So if Seattle would have won the SB, could you honestly say that they were the best team in the NFL this year.

So, again i'm not totally opposed to a playoff, but for the love of the game and regular season can we have a 4 team playoff, not 16 or 32.

I dont have any problem with the Bowls. I cant stand the rankings.

The Seahawks DID win 1 more playoff game this season than the Patriots and Falcons combined.

You got that right!...Big Chiefs fan and remembered some of the battles between the Chiefs and Raiders in the late 60's and 70's. My Mother was a huge Raiders fan and if the Raiders lost it was soup and sandwiches for dinner...If Raiders won then it was a meal fit for a king!

Guest The Variable
You got that right!...Big Chiefs fan and remembered some of the battles between the Chiefs and Raiders in the late 60's and 70's. My Mother was a huge Raiders fan and if the Raiders lost it was soup and sandwiches for dinner...If Raiders won then it was a meal fit for a king!

Chiefs have a good team upcoming if they can hold together. If they can mature and improve, that roster is superbowl worthy.

Everything went the way I wanted it to this weekend with the exception of the Falcons losing. I can tolerate all four of the teams still in it but if I had to root for one I guess it would be the Bears.

I’ve been a Packers fan since early Vince Lombardi...Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Jim Taylor......Go Packers! If Aaron Rogers plays the last two games like he played against Atlanta Green Bay will be hard to beat.

Edited by blueinbama

Gotta agree with G-Man. You are either one of the Raider Nation or you are not. However, it is nice to see both teams play each other when something is on the line. Always nice to spank the Chiefs....or Broncos....or Chargers.

Chiefs have a good team upcoming if they can hold together. If they can mature and improve, that roster is superbowl worthy.

The Raiders are improving to, I am a Redskins fan, I followed the Raiders alot this season since JC was out there at QB.. The kid has talent and I'm glad he had a good season...

Gotta agree with G-Man. You are either one of the Raider Nation or you are not. However, it is nice to see both teams play each other when something is on the line. Always nice to spank the Chiefs....or Broncos....or Chargers.

I love watching oakland play. dirtiest team in the nfl haha

Guest The Variable
Hahahaha. I wasn't going to say anything.

I dont mind, I catch a lot of grief for it and its understandable. But I have a polyamorous love for NFL teams.

I catch the most for being a Chiefs and Raiders fan but hey, Im cool with that.

I dont mind, I catch a lot of grief for it and its understandable. But I have a polyamorous love for NFL teams.

I catch the most for being a Chiefs and Raiders fan but hey, Im cool with that.

When it comes to the NFL, I don't give my love to any one team. Draw your own analogies.

Guest The Variable
When it comes to the NFL, I don't give my love to any one team. Draw your own analogies.

When TO and Moss and company started messing up was about the same time McQuire and Canseco and all those folks were getting busted for steroids (around 2001). I stopped watching sports altogether until about 4 years ago, and only really started getting back into it last year...I still dont watch baseball that much anymore.

Lawrence Taylor, Jose Canseco and many others were the big stars when I was growing up. I looked up to a lot of guys who turned out to be cheats or just not very good people. I see now that people have grown tired of TO, Ochocinco and especially moss and players like Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne and Larry Fitzgerald have brought class and sportsmanship back to the game. I still get ticked off when I see Deshawn Jackson show off or Hines Ward play dirty or Finnegan talk about how he wants to be the biggest cheater in the game...but I have matured and I have learned to focus on the parts of the game I like.

This players union crap though really rubs me the wrong way.